2018 HFAvs Mock Offseason Trade Thread

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I know HF has to protect themselves and all, but the stories that came out about him were nearly identical to stories I had heard previously from some girls I've known in the chicagoland area...a couple of whom I've gotten to know quite well, and who are the last people on earth that would make something up that forced them to be the center of attention like this. That's why I'm so personally grateful for the woman that had the courage to stand up for something that my...acquaintances...were too ashamed to or for whom the trauma was too triggering.

So I understand that you have to edit my posts when I call him that RL...and I am a little sorry for creating extra work for you...but I will continue to refer to that man by the title that he earned through his decisions & actions, even if I understand that you are obligated to edit that title out of my post so HF can avoid any legal culpability.

Reactions: Murzu

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
@Dabeast

:hawks

Adam Fox (RHD)
Adam Rucizka (C)

:flames

Jake Walman (LHD)

The entire city of Calgary is sad to see the Adams leave, as both were prospects that we were really excited to watch develop for the Flames. But after securing Bouchard (as well as the NHL-ready Meloche) to Andersson & Fox, the organization felt like we would be well suited by a RHD-LHD swap to better balance our talent. And we're thrilled to have found a LHD like Walman for this trade...a kid who's already got some NHL experience & will be in the battle for PT behind Gio with Guhle, Kulak & Valimaki right off the bat; with a similarly dynamic & creative game to what we were so excited to see from Fox.

We wish both Adams tons of success and hope we run into them again in the playoffs in the years to come as Fox...who's going back to star for Harvard in his Junior season before turning pro...is a special lil PMD (who isn't even that little). And Rucizka is quietly developing nicely into a big middle-6 Center who could've forced Jankowski to become the best 4C in the league, down the road.

This was a trade we were happy to pull the trigger on, although the price was not cheap. But in the end this trade fits the MO of our offseason as we prepare to feature a lot more youth this season, as we gear up for a huge 2019-2020. Wins may not be too numerous for this team, but it is going to be fascinating watching all of that young blueline talent filter in:

Giordano - Stone
Guhle - Andersson
Walman - Meloche
Kulak

***(Valimaki - Bouchard)***

Underlined players have no NHL experience yet
Italicized players have limited NHL experience as 2nd year NHLers

Last edited:
Reactions: Murzu and Dabeast

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I know HF has to protect themselves and all, but the stories that came out about him were nearly identical to stories I had heard previously from some girls I've known in the chicagoland area...a couple of whom I've gotten to know quite well, and who are the last people on earth that would make something up that forced them to be the center of attention like this. That's why I'm so personally grateful for the woman that had the courage to stand up for something that my...acquaintances...were too ashamed to or for whom the trauma was too triggering.

So I understand that you have to edit my posts when I call him that RL...and I am a little sorry for creating extra work for you...but I will continue to refer to that man by the title that he earned through his decisions & actions, even if I understand that you are obligated to edit that title out of my post so HF can avoid any legal culpability.
So edit yourself. I get your point, and I'm not disregarding it, but come on.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
So edit yourself. I get your point, and I'm not disregarding it, but come on.

Nah. That's what I call him when I talk-to or text-with my friends about hockey, it's what I call him when I talk hockey in general, and it's what I'll continue to call him here. If he didn't wanna be called a rapist he shouldn't have been so rapey.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
We refer all building to Tim Murray. He’s really good, we promise

I still think GMTM's ultimate undoing was the idiotic coaching decisions, at both the NHL level & AHL level (where their development record pales even in comparison to ours), and the poor (draft- & pro-) scouting which netted few quality pieces outside of the first (other than Guhle) and so many dumb trades/signings. Yes, the Myers trade was risky as balls cause Bogo sucks & their locker-room was shitty...so bringing Kane in probably wasn't the best idea...and yes, he surrounded his core with too many crappy overpaid vets; but I still love the aggression he showed to quickly re-shape his core into one he thought he could build around.

Granted if they had put it together better...i.e. getting Kane without the stupid Myers-Bogo swap; getting Babcock instead of Disco Dan; not signing Okposo to that stupid contract; not trading for Pommers (or was it Moulson that they actually brought in with that terrible contract?); building the locker room around ROR & the kids, not the apathetic mercenary leaders that they did get; trading for a goalie that isn't insane & can be a starter; etc...they wouldn't have Dahlin now to give them the NHL's dreamiest core. So strangely enough, in the end, his tenure will have set the table for the Sabres to finally bring a title to Buffalo exactly because so few of the things he did actually worked out like he had hoped they would

...and for some reason, I really like that. Sorta like karmic justice for the club being courageous enough to be extremely aggressive about trying to rebuild their team rather than being content to wallow in the cellar and just wait for everything to fix itself.

Last edited:
Reactions: AslanRH

cody275

Nov 14, 2008
We have a trade to announce

Col trades:
Sven Andrighetto
Nsh 2nd

Edm trades:
Andrej Sekera

We feel this move gives us quality defensive depth to make a deep run and opens up a forward spot to make a splash in UFA.

Edmonton confirms. We were looking to clear some salary, the acquistion of Dougie Hamilton earlier gave us the opportunity to move a quality player like Sekera for some more forward depth and clear some salary. Andrighetto helps add some quality depth to our forward lines.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
:vegas

Confirms

*We'll let Milan know when he wakes up*

sleeping1.jpg

While we hate to see Eakin go, we feel Lucic can bounce back and provide some added goal scoring and some much needed muscle when teams like the Ducks and Avs goon it up while we are beating them 10-0 in the 2nd period.

Vegas is proud to introduce our newest Knight, Sir Milan

themountaindead.gif

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
After the acquisition of Sekera, Patrik Nemeth said that was the icing on the cake for him and he wants out of the organization. Anyone needing a 3rd pairing D-man let me know

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad