2018 HFAvs Mock Offseason Trade Thread

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
:vegas

CONFIRMS

Sir Gerard the Gallant was at the airport waiting for Toews arrival. He has been wanting this move since AGM AslanRH took over. After many, many, many handshakes, backslaps, and hugs we were able to pull Gallant away from Toews long enough to get this quote:
We are bringing in Toews to not only improve our 2nd line exponentially, but to also mentor Cody Glass. Cody has the potential to be the next generation's Jonathan Toews if he commits to the work and preparation it takes day in and day out all year long to succeed in today's NHL. We will not be asking Toews to take on the burden of the Captaincy, instead, we are asking him just to go out and enjoy hockey again and to lead merely by example in how he approaches the world greatest game.

Rumblings around the offices of the Knights however are that this may just be a temporary stop for Toews who may yet be moving on but traveling with a little less salary in his baggage.

@Tweaky

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
So I think on the whole I traded:

Hamilton
Monahan
Brodie
Hamonic
Ferland
Bennett
Gillies
————
2018 4th (CGY)
————
Fox
Kylington
Rucizka
Foo

for

Draisaitl
Walman
Guhle
Frk
Meloche
Gaborik
————
2018 1st (OTT; 4th OA) - Evan Bouchard
2019 1st (COL)
2019 3rd (FLA)
2019 3rd (BUF)
————
Shvyryov
Repo

Why do I suspect that Calgary fans won't be as pleased with what this team should look like after the 2019 draft as I am? lol

Last edited:

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Trade Alert:

:leafs

Jeff Skinner
Taylor Raddysh
Jordan Kyrou
Dan Girardi
Slater Koekkoek(RFA)
2019 2nd round pick

:bolts

Erik Karlsson($2.0M retained)
2019 4th round pick

Erik Karlsson solidifies the Defense of the decade, joining fellow countrymen Victor Hedman, as well as studs Colton Parayko and Ryan McDonagh.

Sucks to lose Skinner before he even played a game for us, but we feel with the cap space we've created in recent moves we have the necessary space to fill any holes in our Top 9 that may exist after such a move.

We wish good luck to Jeff, Dan, Slater, Taylor, and Jordan in Toronto as we're sure we'll be seeing them lots in the coming years playoff battles.

@lonelybadger @Tweaky

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Trade Alert:

:leafs

Jeff Skinner
Taylor Raddysh
Jordan Kyrou
Dan Girardi
Slater Koekkoek(RFA)
2019 2nd round pick

:bolts

Erik Karlsson($2.0M retained)
2019 4th round pick

Erik Karlsson solidifies the Defense of the decade, joining fellow countrymen Victor Hedman, as well as studs Colton Parayko and Ryan McDonagh.

Sucks to lose Skinner before he even played a game for us, but we feel with the cap space we've created in recent moves we have the necessary space to fill any holes in our Top 9 that may exist after such a move.

We wish good luck to Jeff, Dan, Slater, Taylor, and Jordan in Toronto as we're sure we'll be seeing them lots in the coming years playoff battles.

@lonelybadger @Tweaky

Confirm. After trading for Karlsson we were pretty excited, but then our capologist told us to smarten up and explained there is 0 chance we could afford to keep everyone. We feel the quality of assets is similar to what we paid for Karlsson (because I do not like Nylander so take that), are excited about those OHL All starts in Kyrou and Raddysh, happy to have Koekkoek challenge Dermott for that final pair and think Girardi will be a good steady player in a smaller role than tampa.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
We have a trade to announce:

:canes aquire

Nicklas Bäckström

:caps acquire

Matt Duchene @5M cap hit (1M retained)
Brendan Perlini

First we want to wish Duchene and Perlini good luck in Caps uniform. We felt that an upgrade on 1C was necessary to compete in this Eastern Conference, and well, at the same time the addition of JvR ment that Perlini wasn't going to see top six minutes in this team, minutes the guy deserves in order to take his next step as a player. That said, we're so happy to bring Bäckström to our organization. We feel like he has been a very underrated player in this league for most of his playing career. To be honest, I cannot wait to see him and Kucherov do some magic together.

@forsbergavs32 @AslanRH @Tweaky @Retinalz

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
We have a trade to announce:

:canes aquire

Nicklas Bäckström

:caps acquire

Matt Duchene @5M cap hit (1M retained)
Brendan Perlini

First we want to wish Duchene and Perlini good luck in Caps uniform. We felt that an upgrade on 1C was necessary to compete in this Eastern Conference, and well, at the same time the addition of JvR ment that Perlini wasn't going to see top six minutes in this team, minutes the guy deserves in order to take his next step as a player. That said, we're so happy to bring Bäckström to our organization. We feel like he has been a very underrated player in this league for most of his playing career. To be honest, I cannot wait to see him and Kucherov do some magic together.

@forsbergavs32 @AslanRH @Tweaky @Retinalz
confirm

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad