GDT: 2017 Training Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
People say this all the time

Hint: It's never a trade when people say this

While I agree with you that there most likely won't be a trade, you ARE also the person who said Jagr to Calgary wasn't happening because he didn't wanna be here so...

*trade incoming in 3... 2..."

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I'd rather have Jagr on the flames then Janko right now. Jagr brings more to the table with his invaluable teachings he'll inevitably give some of our young guys (read/listen to what Barkov has had to say about him).

I still think a deal gets done with Stajan (trade) and Janko becomes our 4th line center.
I'd rather have Jankowski playing for the Flames than Freddie Hamilton.... or Lazar for that matter. Neither players have impressed me very much. Jankowski's a stud! He deserves to play in the NHL this season. Lazar certainly doesn't and I won't lose much sleep if Hamilton isn't either... at least for the Flames.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I'd rather have Jankowski playing for the Flames than Freddie Hamilton.... or Lazar for that matter. Neither players have impressed me very much. Jankowski's a stud! He deserves to play in the NHL this season. Lazar certainly doesn't and I won't lose much sleep if Hamilton isn't either... at least for the Flames.
Sending him down today or tomorrow doesn't mean he won't play for the Flames this season.

And as things stand, there isn't really a place for him on the ice given the decisions of the coaching staff.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Hamilton will be sitting in the pressbox, how does he even factor into things? Unless you are one of those geniuses that thinks a prospect should be sitting in the pressbox
Let Lazar or Brouwer sit in the pressbox. You ice the best team possible. Brouwer (God forgive me for saying this) is better than Hamilton and I haven't quite given up on Lazar. Get rid of Hamilton. We don't have room for him if Jankowski stays with the Flames (which he deserves to an the Flames would be totally stupid not to do so)

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Sending him down today or tomorrow doesn't mean he won't play for the Flames this season.

And as things stand, there isn't really a place for him on the ice given the decisions of the coaching staff.
Always earned.. Never given. Jankowski has earned his spot on the Flames. You make room for him however you can. Even if it means putting Hamilton on waivers, or Stajan on waivers, or Lazar on waivers. Jankowski has outplayed all three of those players and a few more to boot.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Let Lazar or Brouwer sit in the pressbox. You ice the best team possible. Brouwer (God forgive me for saying this) is better than Hamilton and I haven't quite given up on Lazar. Get rid of Hamilton. We don't have room for him if Jankowski stays with the Flames (which he deserves to an the Flames would be totally stupid not to do so)
No matter how you feel about who should be where, the worst case scenario is Janko in the press box. So if the coaches have decided he's not on the opening night lineup, then sending him down is the right call.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
No matter how you feel about who should be where, the worst case scenario is Janko in the press box. So if the coaches have decided he's not on the opening night lineup, then sending him down is the right call.
Why do you feel that if Janko stays he will be spending his time in the press box? I don't see it like that at all.
Nothing wrong with a 4th line of Stajan (LW) - Janko (C) - Brouwer/Lazar

Maybe if Brouwer spends a few games in the press box it will light a fire under his ass. And Lazar is used to it (so disappointed in Lazar this training camp... the guy has made no impact whatsoever.)

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Why do you feel that if Janko stays he will be spending his time in the press box? I don't see it like that at all.
Nothing wrong with a 4th line of Stajan (LW) - Janko (C) - Brouwer/Lazar

Maybe if Brouwer spends a few games in the press box it will light a fire under his ass. And Lazar is used to it (so disappointed in Lazar this training camp... the guy has made no impact whatsoever.)
Because lines at practice would seem to indicate that he's the odd man out.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Because lines at practice would seem to indicate that he's the odd man out.
Or ... they've decided that Jankowski is definitely a keeper and they haven't quite decided what to do with Glass, Hamilton, and Stajan. Its just one practice. Plenty of time to practice for the Oct 4 game.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
While I agree with you that there most likely won't be a trade, you ARE also the person who said Jagr to Calgary wasn't happening because he didn't wanna be here so...

*trade incoming in 3... 2..."
I said it wasn't happening because it had been quiet for weeks. It had nothing to do with what I wanted to happen. You should take a moment to learn the difference between facts and reality, it might suit you well.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Or ... they've decided that Jankowski is definitely a keeper and they haven't quite decided what to do with Glass, Hamilton, and Stajan. Its just one practice. Plenty of time to practice for the Oct 4 game.
Opening rosters get set tomorrow. 1 day isn't really "plenty of time"

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
To be honest the best thing, in my opinion, would be to put Lazar on waivers and send him to Stockton. The guy desperately needs playing time and confidence. Playing in Stockton would do that. The question is: will he clear waivers? It would definitely be a gamble.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Last couple days of practice here. I think evaluation time is over, and the priority is getting the team ready for opening night. If they see Janko being in that lineup, giving him no reps with his linemates would be a ridiculous decision.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Last couple days of practice here. I think evaluation time is over, and the priority is getting the team ready for opening night. If they see Janko being in that lineup, giving him no reps with his linemates would be a ridiculous decision.
There will be another practice tomorrow. He'll get his reps then.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I think Jankowski will be sent down, but keep in mind injuries are gonna happen. He'll be the first recall.

I just don't want to see Freddie Hamilton remain. Have Lazar and Glass as the extras.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I feel like this is grasping at straws.
Yes I probably am... but I still have hope and I won't give it up until I see an announcement one way or another. I'm just hoping that the Flames do what's best for the team. The Flames have a better chance of winning with Janko in the line up than without. That can't be said for Freddie or Lazar

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
jWYDx.gif

FlamesFan18

Frank the Tank
Feb 26, 2010
Calgary
Tanner Glass was good during preseason, though.
I think that's more of a negative thing towards the rest of the team than a positive thing towards Glass :laugh:

Honestly, I was impressed with him as well away from the puck. He skated fast, finished checks, and forechecked hard. His obvious flaw is doing anything with the puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad