GDT: 2017 Training Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Hathaway and Gazdic are the only Flames on waivers. Meaning the Flames opening day roster does not have Gillies or Andersson.

One of Jankowski or Glass has made the team.

Last edited:

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
So either Glass is getting released (I'm okay with this) or someone's getting traded (Stajan to the Penguins?)

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Still too many forwards - won't someone else have to be assigned?
Well the Flames haven't officially signed Jagr, so if Hathaway and Gazdic are demoted, they are at 14 officially including Janko and Glass. When Jagr is officially signed, they will need to either demote Janko or release Glass

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Familton, Glass, Stajan, Jankowski, Lazar are all in contention for the 12th-14th spots. Possible trade incoming?

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Thanks, that's what I thought.

Unfortunately it looked like Jankowski was ready to make the step, and more unfortunately still think there's a role for Glass to play on the team.

Trades for waiver eligible players don't really happen this time of year, so I'm not expecting anything major in that sense.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Jankowski is probably odds-on favourite to go down, but that's not the end of the world. He can be brought up if/when there is a need for it based on results.

Kulak is going to be right there for when we need a break from Bart.

I'm excited for Wednesday. The Jagr signing changes the complexion of the team dramatically.

Aug 3, 2010
My list of "wants" during this offseason and training camp:

Sign Jagr.
Find room for Jankowski and Andersson.
Release Glass.

1 for three so far. Kind of disappointed because Andersson ttuly looked better and more consistent than Kulak or Wotherspoon, handedness be damned. Still waiting on the Jankowski decision but he is ready to go, moreso than Hathaway, Foo, Lazar, or Freddie Hamilton.

I didn't mind that Glass managed to sign a PTO for camp (and did reasonably well) but now that the decision is between himself and Jankowski, it's a source of potential frustration as a fan.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009

Apparently Lazar is alternating with Hamilton on the 4th line.

WTF are they doing? Why isn't Jankowski practicing? Haven't they seen enough of these other 4th line shlubs? So what if Jankowski only gets 10-12 minutes per game. 10-12 minutes of NHL experience is way better than 20 minutes of AHL time.

I will be so PISSED OFF if they send Jankowski back to Stockton.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I'd rather have Jagr on the flames then Janko right now. Jagr brings more to the table with his invaluable teachings he'll inevitably give some of our young guys (read/listen to what Barkov has had to say about him).

I still think a deal gets done with Stajan (trade) and Janko becomes our 4th line center.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
The Flames objective is to ice the most competitive team possible. Keeping Freddie Hamilton up while sending Jankowski back to the minors is not achieving that objective. Put Hamilton on waivers. He would most likely clear.

Play (LW) Stajan - (C) Jankowski - (RW) Brouwer/Lazar on the 4th line. Jagr would take Brouwers spot on the 3rd line (thank God)

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
The Flames objective is to ice the most competitive team possible. Keeping Freddie Hamilton up while sending Jankowski back to the minors is not achieving that objective. Put Hamilton on waivers. He would most likely clear.

Play (LW) Stajan - (C) Jankowski - (RW) Brouwer/Lazar on the 4th line. Jagr would take Brouwers spot on the 3rd line (thank God)
The person in the pressbox has no bearing on the quality of the team being iced.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

Hamilton will be sitting in the pressbox, how does he even factor into things? Unless you are one of those geniuses that thinks a prospect should be sitting in the pressbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad