WC: 2017 Team USA

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Yeah but to win gold you have to beat two to three big boys. Not just one. Think it's unlikely for this squad.

We will see, it depends on who we get for the final 3 spots, but this team has a chance to be in the Gold medal game, can't recall the last time I was ever able to say that.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Running list of Accepted Invites TEAM USA

Goaltending
1. Connor Hellebuyck
2. Jimmy Howard
3. Cal Petersen

Defense
1.Jacob Trouba
2.Connor Murphy
3.Danny DeKeyser
4.Daniel Brickley
5.Noah Hanifin
6.Charlie McAvoy
7.Trevor VanRiemsdyk

Forwards
1.Dylan Larkin
2.Andrew Copp
3.Christian Dvorak
4.Nick Bjugstad
5.J.T. Compher
6.Brock Nelson
7.Anders Lee
8.Jordan Greenway
9.Clayton Keller
10.Anders Bjork
11.Jack Eichel :popcorn: :yo: :handclap:
12. Nick Schmaltz
13.Johnny "Hockey" Gaudreau - he has been confirmed as well!!!

Gaudreau- Eichel - ??
Lee - Keller - Nelson
Larkin - Bjugstad - Dvorak
Bjork - Copp - Compher

Last edited:

Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia
3 spots
my version

Gaudreau- Eichel - Atkinson
Lee -Galchenyuk-Nelson
van Riemsdyk - Bjugstad - Dvorak
Larkin-Keller-Compher
Copp -

in press box
Bjork
Greenway

thecedex

Feb 5, 2017
I will be watching the USA vs Sweden match up in Germany. So far loving the roster of the two. Sweden's Blueline is impressive and I am liking USA's forward group.

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
if we can just get one more of either Saad/ Atkinson/ Galchenyuk/ Pacioretty i would be so much more confident.

JTD

Apr 7, 2016
USA
Schmaltz added. Safe to say USAH got told no quite a bit the last few days if they got to him. JVR very likely said no and if they can't even get him with his own brother on the team.....lol.

Same story as usual. Better team than last year but winning bronze is the best case scenario and that's a disappointment cause they looked like a gold medal contender potentially with rumors of who might play

Last edited:

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
Well damn. alright still a good roster. Can't say i think anyone feels like they owe USA hockey anything. You have to imagine not everyone has the greatest relationship.

JTD

Apr 7, 2016
USA
Well damn. alright still a good roster. Can't say i think anyone feels like they owe USA hockey anything. You have to imagine not everyone has the greatest relationship.

I don't think many have a poor relationship. Just hard to get enough key players interested to join when there's games the US plays in that are on tape delay and it's never talked about, while Canada at least shows all the games and TSN actually sends a broadcast team and gets decent viewership. USAH can't really do much differently with the tournament taking place when it does

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
This will pretty much sum up the final spot as our expectations were lifted way too high. Nick is a great kid he will be a great player just so many other names out there that I can't believe said no at this point

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I don't think many have a poor relationship. Just hard to get enough key players interested to join when there's games the US plays in that are on tape delay and it's never talked about, while Canada at least shows all the games and TSN actually sends a broadcast team and gets decent viewership. USAH can't really do much differently with the tournament taking place when it does

There are a lot of poor relationships within players and USA hockey that has been known for a long time.still a lot of players bitter over certain snubs in the way USA hockey has handle their business for the last decade. Always seems like politics at play when it comes to USA hockey but some of the names we are waiting on really don't have those issues with them so still very surprised to not see JVR or Saad here.

The viewership thing does have something to do with it but it is still on NHL network and if they want to get better Viewership or be put on NBC sports they need to get their ass to the tournament and start putting together elite level teams for it will get covered.

JTD

Apr 7, 2016
USA
There are a lot of poor relationships within players and USA hockey that has been known for a long time.still a lot of players bitter over certain snubs in the way USA hockey has handle their business for the last decade. Always seems like politics at play when it comes to USA hockey but some of the names we are waiting on really don't have those issues with them so still very surprised to not see JVR or Saad here.

The viewership thing does have something to do with it but it is still on NHL network and if they want to get better Viewership or be put on NBC sports they need to get their ass to the tournament and start putting together elite level teams for it will get covered.

Of course some have bad relationships but I just meant that among those who would actually consider it, it wasn't a huge issue, especially for the players 23 and under turning it down. Never really expected JVR or Saad. That just wasn't realistic. As far as tv goes, it's been on NBCSN for years but even with a really good roster, it wouldn't do great overall with the timing of it. It is what is, but I still thoroughly enjoy this tournament

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Of course some have bad relationships but I just meant that among those who would actually consider it, it wasn't a huge issue, especially for the players 23 and under turning it down. Never really expected JVR or Saad. That just wasn't realistic. As far as tv goes, it's been on NBCSN for years but even with a really good roster, it wouldn't do great overall with the timing of it

Eichel and Gaudreau are here, not sure how thinking Saad or JVR would be unrealistic especially with his brother being on the team.

With USA hockey it is a big issue there are a lot of players that have problems with this organization we have been talking about it for over a decade those of us who have been on here for a while. I am not saying it is the ultimate factor as the majority of players simply don't care enough because in my opinion USA hockey hasnt made them care enough ..USA Hockey hasn't put them on a list when they decide not to come as a "tally" and if they do want to come then they need to be taken care of family and all and show the utmost respect.

That is how you change this thing and again with regards to NBC sports we have never had a team at this tournament that I would consider a gold-medal contender maybe once in 08 but we simply are not putting out talented enough rosters for that channel to give us announcing crews and the best time slots possible.

This team is a step in the right direction but honestly we have more talented youth than ever before so we better be able to at least roster team is capable of winning a medal at this stage

JTD

Apr 7, 2016
USA
Eichel and Gaudreau are here, not sure how thinking Saad or JVR would be unrealistic especially with his brother being on the team.

With USA hockey it is a big issue there are a lot of players that have problems with this organization we have been talking about it for over a decade those of us who have been on here for a while. I am not saying it is the ultimate factor as the majority of players simply don't care enough because in my opinion USA hockey hasnt made them care enough ..USA Hockey hasn't put them on a list when they decide not to come as a "tally" and if they do want to come then they need to be taken care of family and all and show the utmost respect.

That is how you change this thing and again with regards to NBC sports we have never had a team at this tournament that I would consider a gold-medal contender maybe once in 08 but we simply are not putting out talented enough rosters for that channel to give us announcing crews and the best time slots possible.

This team is a step in the right direction but honestly we have more talented youth than ever before so we better be able to at least roster team is capable of winning a medal at this stage

Saad to me hasn't seemed remotely interested when asked about it in the past, so I had him as a defininite no and yeah, TVR is on the team, but Jvr has said no the past 5-6 years I believe. So even with his brother on the team, it seemed like an incredible long shot. I do agree with the young talent USAH has, they should be capable of medalling consistently. Hopefully they'll get the elusive gold in this tourney sometime in the future

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Surprised Zucker or Coyle haven't been asked. Both have extensive team usa experience at lower levels. Zucker's speed and shot could be fun on international ice.

phamburg

Dec 8, 2015
With all these turn-downs, maybe it isn't such a bad thing they took Anders Bjork, after all.

I'm biased, but I think most of you guys have no idea how good the kid is. He could've scored 40 points playing for the Bruins this year, if he'd wanted to be there. He's unbelievable, and a wizard on big ice. There's a reason he was MVP of the bronze medal game against Sweden at the WJC two years ago.

A few highlights:

https://youtu.be/BpevPYPBBWo

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
I am more surprised that Foligno isn't there. He himself said in one of the articles posted here that he loves to go to this tournament and that the US should be sending better teams. Maybe he's injured or something.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
I am more surprised that Foligno isn't there. He himself said in one of the articles posted here that he loves to go to this tournament and that the US should be sending better teams. Maybe he's injured or something.

He was injured in the Pittsburgh series and missed the last game of the series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad