WC: 2017 Team Russia

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Why? What Russia doesn't need is a foreign coach. The most stupid idea of all.

is this satire? The current coach is foreign. BTW I am OK with Keenan because its not like they just hire some random NHL coach, Keenan fully invested himself into Russia and KHL for several years, won the cup. In fact even Timkin said Keenan coaches the players to play Russian style, even Soviet style - more than other coaches. Music to my ears.

Having said that I think Vorobiev deserves crack at head coach next. Znaroks out please.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
Znarok isn't a foreign coach. He is from Chelyabinsk and is a product of Traktor's school.

He transferred to play at Dinamo Riga at senior level and picked up Latvian passport along the way.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Znarok isn't a foreign coach. He is from Chelyabinsk and is a product of Traktor's school.

He transferred to play at Dinamo Riga at senior level and picked up Latvian passport along the way.

Yes but also spent most his adult life spent in Latvia/Germany, represented Latvia Internationally playing and coaching for a long time. Not the purest form of Russian coach.

Keenan spends last 4 years in Russia, not like Russian playing style and attitudes are foreign to him. As said earlier, probably not a coach in the league who coaches players with more soviet style. Can relate to KHL and NHL guys. Wasnt this the complaint with the NHL last Olympics, Bykov wasnt good with the NHL guys?

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
We can argue about coaching all we want, but I don't believe that it's the biggest issue.

You have to get the players to buy into the system and stars like Ovechkin, Malkin and others don't seem to be very flexible.

I mean, you can make a case that Bilya is Russia's best coach, but his defensive-minded system requires major adjustments from top Russian players usual roles.

Znarok is kind of similar. And I think he realizes this also, a big reason why guys like Telegin, Lyubimov and Kulemin keep on popping on his roster.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
is this satire? The current coach is foreign. BTW I am OK with Keenan because its not like they just hire some random NHL coach, Keenan fully invested himself into Russia and KHL for several years, won the cup. In fact even Timkin said Keenan coaches the players to play Russian style, even Soviet style - more than other coaches. Music to my ears.

Having said that I think Vorobiev deserves crack at head coach next. Znaroks out please.

Well, your concept of foreign is foreign. Being born somewhere doesn't make you foreign. Living somewhere for a long time doesn't make you foreign. Having a whatever passport in your pocket doesn't make you foreign. Oleg Valerievich Znarok may not be the best coach out there, but he is not foreign.

If you think Keenan knows what the soviet style is(as well as Timkin) then you don't know what soviet style is.

Khokhlach86

Jul 8, 2012
Moscow
Shestyorkin, Bereglazov, Antipin, A.Belov, Zub, Zubarev, Plotnikov, Dadonov, Shipachyov, Gusev, Mozyakin, Zaitsev, Panarin, Radulov are called to national team.

No info who will be out from past roster.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Vasilevskiy
Shestyorkin

Provorov - Emelin
Antipin - Bereglazov
Belov - Ozhiganov

Panarin - Datsuyk - Kucherov
Gusev - Shipachyov - Dadonov
Mozyakin - Tkachev - Kaprizov
Plotnikov - Namestnikov - Lyubimov

Last edited:

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Radulov and Zaitsev declined invite

Two guys that would have helped, but at the same time, it gives others a chance to play well and shine! Now that the NHL is out of the Olympics, there is less incentive for NHL players to play in the WC. The RHF has to adjust to new realities and plan accordingly.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Shestyorkin, Bereglazov, Antipin, A.Belov, Zub, Zubarev, Plotnikov, Dadonov, Shipachyov, Gusev, Mozyakin, Zaitsev, Panarin, Radulov are called to national team.

No info who will be out from past roster.

It's vice versa. The prelim roster was anounced today. Everybody on the B-team is now just a candidate to make the team.

Khokhlach86

Jul 8, 2012
Moscow
Roman Rotenberg: "At the head of the corner, we have a result. Always. And in the Russian team we call the best hockey players. But taking into account the general picture, we came to the fact that the three lines we will be made up of the players of the KHL, one line of the players of the NHL. Goalkeepers are a separate topic, we will take it out of the brackets for now. Such a concept for this World Championship is approved by the leadership of the federation. Our task is to take gold and win every game " :laugh::laugh::laugh:

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Looking at who is available right now, I'm not even sure we can get more than one NHL line

Panarin
Kucherov

Lyubimov ?
Namestnikov ?

Malkin, Tarasenko, Ovechkin, Kuznetsov are busy. Anisimov and Radulov are not playing due to contract / injuries

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Looking at who is available right now, I'm not even sure we can get more than one NHL line

Panarin
Kucherov

Lyubimov ?
Namestnikov ?

Malkin, Tarasenko, Ovechkin, Kuznetsov are busy. Anisimov and Radulov are not playing due to contract / injuries

Malkin is playing against Ovechkin, Kuznetsov and Orlov. Just saying. You never know who will decline to this coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad