WC: 2017 Team Russia

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
What makes you think they'd win? They're not better just because they're from the KHL.....

They would have a better chance of winning because they would play as a cohesive team. I'm not saying the KHL is better than the NHL, just that a committed team that trains together would be more likely to win.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Looks like Kucherov IS definitely playing for Team Russia.

Probably because he's got a chance to play with his best buddy Gusev at last. They haven't played together since MHL days. Say, Chicago is out, and then Panarin will play with Shipachev and Dadonov, and Gusev with Kucherov and whoever (Tkachev or even Kuznetsov, if Washington craps its pants again).

Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia
Bobrovsky,Vasilevsky,Sorokin

Ovechkin-Kuznetsov-Kucherov
Gusev-Shipachev-Dadonov
Panarin-Anisimov-Kaprizov
Kovalchuk-Datsyuk-Plotnikov
Tkachev
Telegin

Voinov-Provorov
Orlov-Belov
Kiselevich-Ozhiganov

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
If Capitals get eliminated Ovechkin should just stay home. Losses follow him everywhere.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Bobrovsky,Vasilevsky,Sorokin

Ovechkin-Kuznetsov-Kucherov
Gusev-Shipachev-Dadonov
Panarin-Anisimov-Kaprizov
Kovalchuk-Datsyuk-Plotnikov
Tkachev
Telegin

Voinov-Provorov
Orlov-Belov
Kiselevich-Ozhiganov

Please, wake up!

Voynov is injured. So even no need to start the discssion about if he's worth it.

I get it you like the CSKA defencemen, but they are far from being locks.

Datsyuk is at least questionable to heal in time.

WSH-TOR series is at 2-1 and you act like the young Toronto team will sure thing win it.

And then Plotnikov? Seriously?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Provorov, Namestnikov and Lyubimov added to roster and will play against Switzerland this week.
D
Vasilevskiy, Blazhievskiy, Dyblenko, Korshkov, Kraskovskiy and Kaprizov still training in Moscow and will not play vs Swiss

http://fhr.ru/main/news/card/?id_4=13495

Dyblenko looks like an obvious cut. All forward positions are basically not secure with the way NHL playoffs evolve.

The roster looks a lot like a 4th line tryouts.

Btw, time to make another prediction on the roster.

Panarin - Anisimov - Kucherov

Gusev - Shipachyov - Dadonov

Mozyakin - Tkachyov - Kaprizov

Kovalchuk - Prokhorkin - Radulov

Zaripov, Barabanov, Namestnikov, Telegin, Nichushkin.

Provorov - Belov

Zaytsev - Ozhiganov

Mironov - Bereglazov

Emelin - Kiselevich

Bobrovsky
Vasilevsky

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Don't like Kovalchuk or Prokhorkin. Kovalchuk's ego on a fourth line would be a mistake. Otherwise that's a pretty neat roster.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Dyblenko looks like an obvious cut. All forward positions are basically not secure with the way NHL playoffs evolve.

The roster looks a lot like a 4th line tryouts.

Btw, time to make another prediction on the roster.

Kovalchuk - Prokhorkin - Radulov

Zaripov, Barabanov, Namestnikov, Telegin, Nichushkin.

Provorov - Belov

Zaytsev - Ozhiganov

Mironov - Bereglazov

Emelin - Kiselevich

Bobrovsky
Vasilevsky

I think Kucherov will play with Gusev and Panarin with Shipa and Dadonov. And I doubt Radulov will come (or will be invited), even if Montreal is out of the playoffs.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Don't like Kovalchuk or Prokhorkin. Kovalchuk's ego on a fourth line would be a mistake. Otherwise that's a pretty neat roster.

What is the alternative to Prokhorkin? We aren't blessed with centers. As always. WithMalkin unavailable and Datsyuk unvailable and not the Datsyuk of old we don't have much to chose from.

And I put into my lines the concept of 4 even lines without a clear order.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
What is the alternative to Prokhorkin? We aren't blessed with centers. As always. WithMalkin unavailable and Datsyuk unvailable and not the Datsyuk of old we don't have much to chose from.

And I put into my lines the concept of 4 even lines without a clear order.

Schipachyov, Tkachyov and Shalunov from KHL side. Anisimov and Namestnikov from NHL.

zbornaja36

Feb 17, 2014

This is for me bigger reason as defense excuse why Russia cant put it together.
It is coaching, player selection, whole structure looks semi profesional.

For me it looks like it always go like lets bring the most famous names (not looking what kind of season they have and what they bring) and just try to put them together without any structure.

If coach and whole team management would have a vision they need Kovalchuk and if what role they need him they would call him. We see you on forth line, 12 minutes a games, second PP, and so on.

Same for Ovechkin. He totally regressed and yet if he gets out of SC playoffs they will call him, put him on first line , first PP and gave him 2 great players and Ovechkin will just kill whole line chemistry. (I dont know why nobody did try Ovechkin with 2 grinders that have also some skills, like Telegin and Anisimov )

It looks like players are the one calling the shots in Russia, and bigger the name more leverage they have. For me this is unprofessional and bad results show for it.

Secondly coaching looks crap year after year. Crappy special teams, too much individualistic play, bad chemistry..

Otherwise i agree, that rooster looks , although would rather see Radulov go far into SC , love him and Montreal!

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Ovechkin is the biggest buzzkill ever. I like his patriotism, but he should be at best throwing his body around on a checking line.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Schipachyov, Tkachyov and Shalunov from KHL side. Anisimov and Namestnikov from NHL.

Prokhorkin over Shalunov if we need skill. Namestnikov is slumping big time and never was more than a backup plan. Anisimov, Shipachyov and Tkachyov as you can see in my post are already in my depth chart and aren't alternatives then.

That would be my depth chart of centers available for now:

Anisimov (because he really improved his game AND because we still have trouble with centers)
Tkachyov (people overrate Shipachyov)
Shipachyov
Prokhorkin
Shalunov
Namestnikov

In that order. It is not great. It is what it is.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
This is for me bigger reason as defense excuse why Russia cant put it together.
It is coaching, player selection, whole structure looks semi profesional.

For me it looks like it always go like lets bring the most famous names (not looking what kind of season they have and what they bring) and just try to put them together without any structure.

If coach and whole team management would have a vision they need Kovalchuk and if what role they need him they would call him. We see you on forth line, 12 minutes a games, second PP, and so on.

Same for Ovechkin. He totally regressed and yet if he gets out of SC playoffs they will call him, put him on first line , first PP and gave him 2 great players and Ovechkin will just kill whole line chemistry. (I dont know why nobody did try Ovechkin with 2 grinders that have also some skills, like Telegin and Anisimov )

It looks like players are the one calling the shots in Russia, and bigger the name more leverage they have. For me this is unprofessional and bad results show for it.

Secondly coaching looks crap year after year. Crappy special teams, too much individualistic play, bad chemistry..

Otherwise i agree, that rooster looks , although would rather see Radulov go far into SC , love him and Montreal!

I'll make it short.

Nope, it's the D.

Can't do much with a D that bad, even with the best coaching and chemistry.

Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia
Telegin-Namestnikov-Nichushkin
Plotnikov

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Oficially no Zaripov and Kovalchuk has a bad knee. I feel for Zaripov. He tried hard to make it. Znarok i being Znarok though.

Bereglazov, Antipin and Mozyakin called up to camp from MMG.

zbornaja36

Feb 17, 2014
I'll make it short.

Nope, it's the D.

Can't do much with a D that bad, even with the best coaching and chemistry.

Respectfully agree to disagree. World cup 2016 .. I know small sample but... 0 powerplay goals. Markov, Ovechkin on point, Malkin, Kucherov, Tarasenko, Datsyuk not only couldnt produce 1 frigging goal, PP didnt even stand an eye test. Very poor.

In 1 game with a lot of individual skills Russians can make it with some lucky bounces . If this is the way you like it, getting goals not from chemistry, pressure, grind and good cycle game but from some occasional dangle and lucky bounces you will always have it. It wont work in best on best tournaments but in IIHF WHC with some players in form and weaker opposition it will.

If Russia had Scotty Bowman or Babchook type of coach with whole professional crew and every player knowing their role...This would give Russia 70%.
And 30% for better D. There is potential that russia will get solid 6D in next few years. Then we will see better picture.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad