WC: 2017 Team Russia

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
Lyubimov like Telegin or Plotnikov favorite players for Znarok
i remember how bill called up loktionov only because he played in the nhl. not surprisingly he looked like crap and now he is in the khl and doesn't play for the nt anymore. Lyubimov is no loktionov, he's worse. the nhl has its share of crap players. i think this practice of calling up busts only because they play in the nhl should come to an end.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
i remember how bill called up loktionov only because he played in the nhl. not surprisingly he looked like crap and now he is in the khl and doesn't play for the nt anymore. Lyubimov is no loktionov, he's worse. the nhl has its share of crap players. i think this practice of calling up busts only because they play in the nhl should come to an end.

You should remember the way Lyubimov has performed at the last year's WHC. He's good role player for the 4th line, he wasn't very good in the NHL this season (and he'll be very likely back in KHL for next season), but quite frankly, he didn't get a lot of opportunities, so it wasn't easy for him. It is definitely understandable that they want him back for the WHC.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I think Kucherov just doesn't care about NT a lot, like Radulov. No facts so far, but I got a feeling. He played at WCH, because it was an NHL event, but WHC is different.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Tampa does not want Kucherov go to WC. Why?

I would like to know who from the Lightning organization might have said this because Yzerman is usually very supportive of his players playing for their national teams. Cooper will be coach for Team Canada so I don't think he'd have any problem with his players playing for their national teams either.

Now there might be some fans that would rather a superstar player like Kucherov (who almost single-handedly carried our team this year) not risk injury in the WC, but that's not a universal feeling either. Speaking for myself as a fan, I would completely support any of our players being in the WC.

It's really Kucherov's choice.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
If Kucherov doesn't want to be there, then having him there wouldn't help the team. If individual "stars" don't want to be there, give someone who really cares a chance instead. I think the WC team should be a permanent team of KHL all-stars who train together when the KHL season is finished. Pay them tons of additional money to provide big incentives. Keep the same team together for year after year, with substitutions and replacements added when necessary. Why not win for a change?

Nino33

Jul 5, 2015
I think the WC team should be a permanent team of KHL all-stars who train together when the KHL season is finished. Pay them tons of additional money to provide big incentives. Keep the same team together for year after year, with substitutions and replacements added when necessary. Why not win for a change?
What makes you think they'd win? They're not better just because they're from the KHL.....

Bigod

Sep 10, 2016
Cooper will be coach for Team Canada so I don't think he'd have any problem with his players playing for their national teams either.
How many pleyers goes from Tampa to WCamp-2017 now?

Thats how it was for World Cup-2016:

1. Tampa-12 players
2. Chicago-10
3. Whashington-9
4. Toronto-9
5. Philadelphia-7

IceHockey19

Jan 27, 2010
Moscow, Russia
Anybody has some info about Kaprizov's injury?
Oleg Bratash says doctors not allowed him to play right now.
How serious is injury?

I really like to see him in the World Championship.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Look at Zaripov in the series vs SKA, he's totally useless. Mozyakin doesn't look great as well. And Gusev, Shipachev and Dadonov keep scoring.

Let's talk when your belved SKA is running scared before them:laugh::laugh::laugh:

The series is at 2-1. Chill.

IceHockey19

Jan 27, 2010
Moscow, Russia
From what I've seen in games SKA-MMG, all Metallurg players skate very slow, very tired. I want to see Mozyakin and Zaripov at WC, but how much time does it take to recover the strength?

And... when Kovalchuk scored last time? One game he missed the net 4 times in a row in the end of third period, missed empty net 2 times.
Is it normal? :)

Khokhlach86

Jul 8, 2012
Moscow
lines for today game vs France

Sorokin

Kiselevich-Gavrikov
Mironov-Naumenkov
Arzamastsev-Ozhiganov
Dyblenko-Blazhievskiy

Shumakov-Tkachyov-Shalunov
Telegin-Andronov-Sannikov
Mamin-Svetlakov-Nichushkin
Golyshev-Kraskovskiy-Korshkov

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
lines for today game vs France

Sorokin

Kiselevich-Gavrikov
Mironov-Naumenkov
Arzamastsev-Ozhiganov
Dyblenko-Blazhievskiy

Shumakov-Tkachyov-Shalunov
Telegin-Andronov-Sannikov
Mamin-Svetlakov-Nichushkin
Golyshev-Kraskovskiy-Korshkov

Except for the 2ND line and Naumenkov/Dyblenko, I am rooting for several of these guys to make it.

Khokhlach86

Jul 8, 2012
Moscow
win 6-0 today vs France

Andronov (Mironov, Telegin)
Kiselevich (Shalunov) PP
Shalunov (Sannikov, Shumakov) PP
Nichushkin (Naumenkov)
Shumakov (Naumenkov)
Korshkov (Tkachyov)

lineup

Sorokin