2017 nhl redraft 1-15

BL92

Double Gold
May 22, 2016
Finland
Vesalainen is criminally underrated. He had one shitty year in the SHL due to bad management and the whole team shat the bed at the U20 tournament. However, this season he was even better than originally projected. He's a good skater and physically mature for his age. I see serious top-6 material.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
1 Hischier
2 Patrick
3 Pettersson
4 Heiskanen
5 Necas
6 Chytil
7 Tolvanen
8 Middlestat
9 Glass
10 Vilardi
11 Andersson
12 Frost
13 Valimaki
14 Lind
15 Makar
16 Poehling
17 Vesalainen
18 Brannstorm
19 Hipponiemi
20 Jokiharizu
21 Liljegren
22 Rasmussen
23 Timmins
24 Foote
25 Joseph
26 Hague
27 Vakaalainen
28 Suzuki
29 Yamato
30 Thomas
31 Dipietro

This was predictable.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Makar made wjc all star team aka 2nd best dman behind dahlin while only playing like 10 minutes/game...how does everyone having him falling.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Valimaki under rated.
Most people outside of HF have him top 15.

For instance...

2017 NHL draft do-over: Panel of scouts, execs and GMs redo the first round | The Hockey News

Valimaki is an interesting case. Personally I don’t think he’s done enough to be considered a climber this year, perhaps due to the injury struggles he’s had. That said, he’s a guy I had going slightly higher than 16 at the time of the draft, so I personally wouldn’t have him dropping much either in a redraft, if at all.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Valimaki under rated.

For instance...

2017 NHL draft do-over: Panel of scouts, execs a
Valimaki under rated.

For instance...

[URL='http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/2017-nhl-draft-do-over-panel-of-scouts-execs-and-gms-redo-the-first-round']2017 NHL draft do-over: Panel of scouts, execs and GMs redo the first round | The Hockey News

nd GMs redo the first round | The Hockey News[/URL]
Thomas at 9........:nod:

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
It's Pettersson for 1st, no coin flips. Heiskanen is 2nd, Hischier 3rd, although there could be a coin flip for 2nd between these two.
I don't know, I know many value franchise D's just as much as franchise centers.

There was a reason why Heiskanen wasn't traded for Erik Karlsson.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
A franchise D (Hedman) is significantly more valuable then a franchise forward (Stamkos) IMO.

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
A franchise D (Hedman) is significantly more valuable then a franchise forward (Stamkos) IMO.
Indeed.

In general, it's just easier for the mass to respect forwards more than defenders when the first thing they do is check their stats and base everything on that. People often forget that Heiskanen is actually better defensively than he is offensively, yet he is on a pace for 41 points season at 19. And you can see he is still holding it back when it comes to his offence, I expect his point totals only to increase as he has recently gotten more comfortable supporting the rushes. And we are talking about a guy who will be playing 25+ minutes a night in the near future. You don't become much more valuable to your team than that.

Last edited:

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
A franchise defenders peak can be 10-15 years long, a franchise forwards peak might be half that. Obviously some rare cases.

Reactions: daddyohsix

VasilyHoglander

Jun 28, 2014
West Vancouver
That’s because Stammer never really drove the play. Pettersson is already this good at 20 years old...he’s got at least another 10 years. I’d take Kane over Keith and he’s not even a franchise centre.

docbenton

Dec 6, 2014
Heiskanen doesn't project as a #1 D, so that's why it's an easy distinction. Doesn't think the game well enough or have enough creativity with the puck. He's not someone you ever want as a #1 PPQB, which is a requirement of a #1 defenseman IMO. Defensively he's quite good because of his skating and stick but still struggles to read the play as any young player.

Cale Makar will pass him next year, I expect, as well as possibly others who turn pro.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Heiskanen doesn't project as a #1 D, so that's why it's an easy distinction. Doesn't think the game well enough or have enough creativity with the puck. He's not someone you ever want as a #1 PPQB, which is a requirement of a #1 defenseman IMO. Defensively he's quite good because of his skating and stick but still struggles to read the play as any young player.

Cale Makar will pass him next year, I expect, as well as possibly others who turn pro.

Oh look, someone that has never watched Heiskanen play. You have no clue what you're saying

His ability to read plays is literally what makes him so good lol. This is really sad to see someone this clueless

Also, the Stars PP is horrible and it's not Heiskanen's fault. Yesterday he proved he can run a PP as well with 2 PP assists and some really nice quick passes and his shot is good enough to be a threat no matter what

Last edited:

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal

He do projects as a 1D.

He's the 27th scoring defenseman as a 19 years old rookie. His offense is no problem.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad