Proposal: Habs moving a D?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Like a guy who's beeb playing in the NHL vut hasn't established himself as a top6 yet.

Like Kakko, Krebs, Holtz, Newhook kinda player.

Not someone who's 23 and has never contributes in the NHL. Barron has shown he van be an effective NHL dman in the NHL, close to 40pts in 100nhl games. We are not going to trade him for a player that gas bot shown he can play in the NHL and be effectivw
Kakko is way WAY outside reality.
but keep on keepin on

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Total dime a dozen player. He would clear waivers easily. He's a filler when you need someone at the min cap hit to play a few minutes a night.

How could you be so clueless?
He is good value for pittance he is paid.
While no one would jump thru hoops to create roster space for him, he might well get claimed.

And watch it with "clueless" just b'c we have a dif of op

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
He is good value for pittance he is paid.
While no one would jump thru hoops to create roster space for him, he might well get claimed.

And watch it with "clueless" just b'c we have a dif of op
sorry about the clueless. But thinking he has any value is... kinda clueless.

Reactions: biturbo19

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
not particularly eloquent...

Disagree, might be lower end, but still better than some of the drek on yr roster.
That said, fine.
Go back to fantasy land where you think Barron is still worth a late 1st, lol.

I don't agree; agree, might be lower end, but still better than some of the drek on yr roster.
And as to 5th team in 5 yrs, hey cap reality, people get moved, regardless.
Sure, higher end stuff not moved as much
and Vesey is not higher end
but neither is Barron

Don't insult me by pretending he is.
Fact I am right here is confirmed by the level of returns being offered in this thread.

bold:
he is not worth that today.
He has upside to MAYBE command that in the future, but not now.

b'c of inability to send down w'o waivers, his value is sharply impacted
not just to Rs
any team

you want to insist on youth?
fine
Henriksson, 23, drafted 2nd round 58Oa pending rfa
and
Korczak, 21, drafted 3rd round 75Oa 1 yr elc remaining

both pivots

never let it be said bern is not generous!
TAKE 'EM BOTH

wrong
I prefer youth, but he plays well, gives effort
not a nothing burger
Any if them have played any NHL game and scored 30pts in 90games! Cause that's what Barron has done.

Stop saying your stupidities. Barron has shown he can be an offensive dman in the NHL. He needs to work on his defense.

Hell Barron on a full season this year prob gets 25pts Vesey got 30...

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Holtz is not a possibility period due to his awful skating and lack of offense. We don’t need a poor man’s Toffoli. No one does…
Yet He would be one of your better players on the RW.

Definitely wouldn't give up Holtz for Barron though, Doesn't do anything for the Devils. Last thread there were three other Habs fans that were interested in Holtz. Seems like you are the minority here.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Kakko is a huge disappointment. I can see the NYR holding onto him as they won't get the value in a trade. Will have to see that one through.
THEY DON'T WANT TO TRADE HIM
you guys + others keep asking

He bookends W w/Cuylle and they just need a C, either Chytil or Edstrom, both have been injured.
This is our emerging 3rd line
He offers potential beast factor along w/kreider, Rempe + Edstrom

no KK to anybody w'o signif overpayment

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Yet He would be one of your better players on the RW.

Definitely wouldn't give up Holtz for Barron though, Doesn't do anything for the Devils.
He would be on the 4th line or AHL. Habs have prospects in the waiting that will pass him over quickly. Holtz is a bust and not worth a chance. NJ should off load him quickly. Newhook will be on right wing next season. Josh Roy. Caufield. Gallagher / Armia. Habs do not want a softie like Holtz.

I can understand why the NJD would not have interest in Barron given the RHD in place.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
THEY DON'T WANT TO TRADE HIM
you guys + others keep asking

He bookends W w/Cuylle and they just need a C, either Chytil or Edstrom, both have been injured.
This is our emerging 3rd line
He offers potential beast factor along w/kreider, Rempe + Edstrom

no KK to anybody w'o signif overpayment
They don't want to trade him because they won't get the value they would want for him.

No, it is not
It is an honest dif of op
Its really not a difference of opinion. Its a fact. He has zero value.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Any if them have played any NHL game and scored 30pts in 90games! Cause that's what Barron has done.

Stop saying your stupidities. Barron has shown he can be an offensive dman in the NHL. He needs to work on his defense.

Hell Barron on a full season this year prob gets 25pts Vesey got 30...
Barron is only worth ample value to a team that can afford him.
I agree the $$$ is not a prob.

But if he is not guaranteed 111% to remain on parent club roster, you are effed b'c he doesn't clear waivers.

19pts in 61games... He's regressed since last year.

Barron has a better ppg than him....playing on a shit team
INJURY aside
KK has WAY mo potential/upside AINEC

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
They don't want to trade him because they won't get the value they would want for him.

Its really not a difference of opinion. Its a fact. He has zero value.
It is a dif of op not a fact

Offer a 31 year old ok bottom 6 to a team still rebuilding
because he is still better than some of the absolute drek on the roster of the rebuilding team which hungers greatly for a bit of competitiveness

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Barron is only worth ample value to a team that can afford him.
I agree the $$$ is not a prob.

But if he is not guaranteed 111% to remain on parent club roster, you are effed b'c he doesn't clear waivers.

INJURY aside
KK has WAY mo potential/upside AINEC
do you know how Hughes operates? Habs kept 3 goalies for most of the year so they wouldn't lose Primeau. He eventually traded Allen to NJ. He didn't put Pezzetta on waivers because there was a fear a team like Philly would grab him.
hughes is amongst the most patient GMs in the league. He'll keep Barron around until he can deal him. Mtl also has 24 picks in the next two drafts including 4 1st rounders...i'm quite sure he's open to attaching high picks + some young DMen to move up in draft or trade for some young projects at forward

Last edited:
Reactions: viceroy

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
It is a dif of op not a fact

because he is still better than some of the absolute drek on the roster of the rebuilding team which hungers greatly for a bit of competitiveness
Nonsense. Between Evans, Gallagher, Armia, Dvorak, Anderson, Harvey-Pinard, Ylonen etc they don't need Vesey.
Habs had the most one goal losses in the NHL and that's while missing Dach for 81 games.
The priority is to draft high and trade for another young forward.
They're not trading Barron, a young RD with some promise - especially offensively, for jimmy f***ing Vesey.
your posts read like you actually believe you're doing the habs a favour.
you're not

Last edited:

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
not particularly eloquent...

Disagree, might be lower end, but still better than some of the drek on yr roster.
That said, fine.
Go back to fantasy land where you think Barron is still worth a late 1st, lol.
First of, I don't think Barron is worth a late 1st. Secondo, you live 24/7 on your fantasy land. You 're one of the most terrible when it come tho make trade proposal. And everytime, people laugh at you

Reactions: viceroy

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Vesey alone is satisfactory return if we are honest/objective here. Wenn is a freebie throw in.

Vesey should command a 3rd based on production, cost and not being too old to give 3-5 good yrs.

I get MON wants a sexier return, but consider:
Barron was a LATE 1st
setting aside any other aspect,
- he has less cost control than at start of elc that is objective fact not subjective
and
- he apparently has to clear waivers so less roster flexibility
Vesey is going to be 31 with one year left on his contract. He'd likely just be of value as filler (might as well sign some journeyman) or as a trade deadline rental. There is no reason for a non-contender to give anything of value for him. He's unlikely to extend for the 1 or 2 extra years he's going to still be effective.

Barron's value isn't what it once was, but he's also shown NHL level offense, it's whether he rounds out into a usable player that's unsure. But we can't just say "he was worth a 1st 4 years and it's only gone downhill since", it's more complicated than that.

Trouba will go for cap relief.
Which is why I suggested Montreal taking him while returning no large contracts.

Reactions: biturbo19

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Teams looking at speeding up their rebuild should definitely be interested in Struble, Harris, or Barron.

They're young enough to still have a good bit of potential growth, but they're old enough to be a positive impact on your roster this year (unlike whoever they would draft in the late 1st round/2nd round.

Habs are in a bit of a tough spot imo, and someone will end up with a good young Dman for less than it should cost.

CanMerc

#FIRECHEVY
Dec 7, 2023
I’d be interested in Barron to WPG, but wouldn’t be interested in paying what MTL fans on here would likely want… not giving the MTL 2nd, or Samberg, or anything like that

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I’d be interested in Barron to WPG, but wouldn’t be interested in paying what MTL fans on here would likely want… not giving the MTL 2nd, or Samberg, or anything like that
ie: "I think this young player would be a great fit on my team and could be part of the future, but I don't want to give up anything of value for him. 30 year old 4th liners are best I can do"

CanMerc

#FIRECHEVY
Dec 7, 2023
ie: "I think this young player would be a great fit on my team and could be part of the future, but I don't want to give up anything of value for him. 30 year old 4th liners are best I can do"
I’m not overpaying for a kid who’s 22 and still in the AHL, regardless of how much Habs fans overinflated his value or abilities.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Or: "I'd take a flier on a guy out of the bargain bin, but not willing to pay big prices"

Siegenthaler comp when NJD acquired him makes sense.

Buried in the depth chart, lost waiver exemptions.

3rd round pick or so would be what I'd expect

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad