Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
Makar
Pettersson
Hischier
Heiskanen
Suzuki
Patrick

Have no argument with anyone putting Pettersson first. Not willing to give up on Patrick since we haven't seen enough yet.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
1. Heiskanen
2. Pettersson
3. Makar
4. Hischier
5. Thomas
6. Suzuki
7. Necas
8. Patrick
9. Yamamoto
10. Chytil
11. Glass
12. Texier
13. Batherson
14. Branstromm
15. Comtois

Reactions: MitchMurphy

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Makar
Pettersson
Hischier
Heiskanen
Suzuki
Patrick

Have no argument with anyone putting Pettersson first. Not willing to give up on Patrick since we haven't seen enough yet.

Yamamoto? I’d have him over Patrick at this point.

Heiskanen ahead of Hischier as well. Probably above Pettersson but it’s close. Makar-Heiskanen-Pettersson are the clear top 3 in some order for me.

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Yamamoto? I’d have him over Patrick at this point.

Heiskanen ahead of Hischier as well. Probably above Pettersson but it’s close. Makar-Heiskanen-Pettersson are the clear top 3 in some order for me.
I wouldnt. The upside of a healthy Patrick is still so high i would take a chance on him over Yamamoto.

I do like Yamamoto as a scoring winger though. I have him at 9

Reactions: snipes

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I wouldnt. The upside of a healthy Patrick is still so high i would take a chance on him over Yamamoto.

I do like Yamamoto as a scoring winger though. I have him at 9

Injuries concern me with Patrick. I really liked Patrick in his WHL days, thought he’d be an absolute star one in the NHL.

Yamo the Honey Badger for sure goes top 10 in a redraft. It’s funny he’s smallest guy the in the NHL but absolutely relentless on the forecheck. He’s like a faster and more skilled Gallagher but smaller and less of a “pest”, the little gaffer just goes all out every single shift and has skills to match.

He was a fantastic pick at #22.

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Injuries concern me with Patrick. I really liked Patrick in his WHL days, thought he’d be an absolute star one in the NHL.

Yamo the Honey Badger for sure goes top 10 in a redraft. It’s funny he’s smallest guy the in the NHL but absolutely relentless on the forecheck. He’s like a faster and more skilled Gallagher but smaller and less of a “pest”, the little gaffer just goes all out every single shift and has skills to match.

He was a fantastic pick at #22.
I never knew Yamamoto was that small. I thought he was just average sized.

I thought Patrick missed time due to migraines not injuries. If that gets sorted out i can see him being successful from here on out.

Yamamoto is borderline top 10 right now, he could solidify himself there with a great season, but i think guys like Texier/Glass/Batherstrom will also be big risers so it will be interesting and im sure my list will change by seasons end.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
lol I was reading the first page like "are these guys serious" before seeing it was from 2018.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Pettersson/Makar/Heiskanen in any order is reasonable.

After that, Hischier/Suzuki in any order is also reasonable.

Then it's a free for all and which players who are still mostly unproven you prefer.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Pettersson/Makar/Heiskanen in any order is reasonable.

After that, Hischier/Suzuki in any order is also reasonable.

Then it's a free for all and which players who are still mostly unproven you prefer.

mmhmm, So please explain your reasoning behind how Suzuki is equal to Hischier?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
mmhmm, So please explain your reasoning behind how Suzuki is equal to Hischier?

I didn't say he's equal. I'd have Hischier ahead, but I think there is an argument for Suzuki ahead of Hischier. Suzuki is pacing for 1PPG this season and is a good defensive player. This was after having a very good rookie season. He's a quality top six center. He'll be considered no worse than a 1B/2A type of center by the end of the season, and thats what Hischier is. Suzuki's rise is more rapid, Hischier's more steady. Both good players.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I didn't say he's equal. I'd have Hischier ahead, but I think there is an argument for Suzuki ahead of Hischier. Suzuki is pacing for 1PPG this season and is a good defensive player. This was after having a very good rookie season. He's a quality top six center. He'll be considered no worse than a 1B/2A type of center by the end of the season, and thats what Hischier is. Suzuki's rise is more rapid, Hischier's more steady. Both good players.

It may be a preference issue. Hischier has had to carry a terrible team on his back. Suzuki has done well offensively on a better team. They are both good and different teams might see them differently.

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Thomas over Suzuki is a terrible take for any poster. Clear they haven’t watched both players. And I’m an Ottawa fan.
Very similar years last year and im not letting Suzuki's hot 10 games propel him spots up in a mock draft. i have no doubt he can pass him though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad