Status
Not open for further replies.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
B2093255_F6_C4_4_ECD_8_F35_73694894793_E.png

DC6517_AB_593_A_43_D1_AE46_22124_E222763.png

I can buy this jersey for $50.

Seller says it is in great condition with no stains and barely worn.

Anything i should be on the lookout for? She says it’s heat pressed numbers but I haven’t inspected them myself in person (small hope they’re stitched and she’s not sure what I meant).

@BonkTastic, you’re a jersey expert, thoughts?

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
B2093255_F6_C4_4_ECD_8_F35_73694894793_E.png

DC6517_AB_593_A_43_D1_AE46_22124_E222763.png

I can buy this jersey for $50.

Seller says it is in great condition with no stains and barely worn.

Anything i should be on the lookout for? She says it’s heat pressed numbers but I haven’t inspected them myself in person (small hope they’re stitched and she’s not sure what I meant).

@BonkTastic, you’re a jersey expert, thoughts?

Heat pressed numbers? Those look like twill to me - the bottom left corner of the "1" on the back is slightly curled in a way that suggests older twill, and the "1" on the sleeve has wrinkling in it that you don't get in heat-press vinyl. I imagine it's a CCM pre-customed jersey, so all of the numbers and letters are twill cut, pre-stitched together, and then heat-pressed (aka: used an insane amount of glue) onto the jersey. So still twill numbers, and still stitching, but not stitched onto the jersey. If that makes sense.

The jersey itself is legit, in case you were worried about that. Not many people were counterfeiting the old CCM stock, and when they did it was OBVIOUS. Also - This era of jersey was the "baggiest" in terms of fit, in case that matters to you.

Otherwise, all the font looks good. Seems like a good deal at $50. Is this off of Kijiji in your area or something?

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Heat pressed numbers? Those look like twill to me - the bottom left corner of the "1" on the back is slightly curled in a way that suggests older twill, and the "1" on the sleeve has wrinkling in it that you don't get in heat-press vinyl. I imagine it's a CCM pre-customed jersey, so all of the numbers and letters are twill cut, pre-stitched together, and then heat-pressed (aka: used an insane amount of glue) onto the jersey. So still twill numbers, and still stitching, but not stitched onto the jersey. If that makes sense.

The jersey itself is legit, in case you were worried about that. Not many people were counterfeiting the old CCM stock, and when they did it was OBVIOUS. Also - This era of jersey was the "baggiest" in terms of fit, in case that matters to you.

Otherwise, all the font looks good. Seems like a good deal at $50. Is this off of Kijiji in your area or something?

It won't fit me, its an XL, and I wear a medium reebok, just seemed like a nice 2D for the collection, maybe a shadow box jersey eventually.

It appeared on Facebook market the other day, and the seller just replied to my messages today

Thanks for the reply

Last edited:

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Did you get those signatures yourself in person, or buy it pre-signed? If the latter - is there any authentication to those signatures?

Won it from an official Sens Twitter contest. It didn’t come with any authentication, but you can track down a video of me winning said “lucky puck” contest before the start of the season.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Won it from an official Sens Twitter contest. It didn’t come with any authentication, but you can track down a video of me winning said “lucky puck” contest before the start of the season.

Eh... I've seen legit Sens team signed jerseys anywhere in the $200-500 range before. It depends on the team (popular teams are naturally worth more), and the quality of the roster signing it - if there is a HHOF kind of player's sig (like, Gretzky/Lemieux team-signed stuff is worth way more), if it can be authenticated, etc...

Items like that are very tempermental in regards to their price. Like, interest in Sens stuff is real low right now because we suck this year. You'd get less for it, or more specifically have fewer interested buyers, because of our season right now. Maybe like $250-300 if you wanted to sell it right now? If we were doing well, the price would probably be closer to $400+ If it had team-issued authentication, you'd be in the $500+ range. That's just guesswork on my part though, I'm far from an expert on signed merchandise, just passing along stuff I've seen and heard of in my jersey collecting days.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
PS- David Rundblad is the **** who signed at the bottom.

Find it interesting when I used to collect auto's who would be aware of what they were signing and make the sig tactical so to speak and then there's opposite of the spectrum here with Rundblad....doesn't ruin it but boy is it close optically.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Find it interesting when I used to collect auto's who would be aware of what they were signing and make the sig tactical so to speak and then there's opposite of the spectrum here with Rundblad....doesn't ruin it but boy is it close optically.

Rundblad pulled a John Handcock with his signature.

Google John Handcock's signature on the declaration of independence. It's amazing. He had a bit more of a legit reason for doing that though. Rundblad seems like he's just a moron.

Reactions: danielpalfredsson

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I'd probably try to use some Tide-to-Go and remove Rundblad's signature.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Rundblad pulled a John Handcock with his signature.

Google John Handcock's signature on the declaration of independence. It's amazing. He had a bit more of a legit reason for doing that though. Rundblad seems like he's just a moron.

Alfie's is our Hancock not Rundblad! The Hancock bit is interesting never really knew of that....if possible would legit try and get rid of Rundblad on that sweater.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Alfie's is our Hancock not Rundblad! The Hancock bit is interesting never really knew of that....if possible would legit try and get rid of Rundblad on that sweater.

A q-tip+acetone+wet cloth would get rid of it but there's always risk when doing something like that. Don't quote me on this, but I am pretty sure acetone evaporates, so he wouldn't have to wash the jersey. I am not a scientist, I've just owned jerseys with ugly autographs. So it's a do at your own risk and don't blame some poster named Danielpalfredsson if your jersey lights on fire while doing it type thing.

@benjiv1 You can see a few team signed jerseys that have sold on eBay in the sold listings. Not that it is entirely necessary, but assuming because people are stupid enough to buy autographs on the second hand market regardless, but if you have some sort of provenance I'd probably say 150-200 would be your floor, 350-500 ceiling if you found the right fan who really wanted it.

That's assuming it has Alfie, Spezza, Neil, Phillips, Karlsson, Matt Kassian, like all the big name Senators through through the years that would have been playing in that era. You could try Kijiji or Facebook groups to sell it, but Kijiji in particular isn't the greatest venue for high end stuff.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
A3683EC8-1978-471E-A9D2-B1FC8968C27C.jpeg
Thanks guys! $400 is sort of what I had as a number in my head, so I’m glad to see I wasn’t far off.

Literally has the full roster from the 2011/12 season.

BloodRedArmy

Nov 29, 2013
Bytown
Bought a EK outdoor jersey on Kijiji (cuz F*CK Melnyk), just trying to authenticate it (although it still has Sens Store tag on it, $259.99). Says made in Indonesia and has a fight strap. Can anyone confirm it's legit?

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Bought a EK outdoor jersey on Kijiji (cuz F*CK Melnyk), just trying to authenticate it (although it still has Sens Store tag on it, $259.99). Says made in Indonesia and has a fight strap. Can anyone confirm it's legit?

Based on the tiny amount of information you have provided - a brief explanation of what the idea of a jersey looks like - no one will be able to confirm anything.

You need to post pictures if you want anyone to confirm anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad