2017 New Logo/Jersey News And Concepts | Part 2 | Disappointment Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Sens store never has good clearance prices. Even when guys like Lazar+Chiassion get traded, their jerseys are still $100+ on the discount rack.

Keep an eye on big sports stores like Sports Experts or Sportchek, especially the outlet locations. Last time we had an outdoor game, people were buying the jerseys at 50 percent off at Sports Experts. Last year after the WCOH, they had WCOH jerseys at Sport Chek for 75 percent off.

Pro Hockey Life also usually has really good boxing day deals on jerseys in store. They have a store near South Keys shopping center. I might be remembering wrong, but I think they had 50 percent off jerseys a few years back.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
I actually came around to them, at first I thought they were bland and boring but then as the game inched closer and I saw them in it more often they were great looking!
Curious if people would have come around if they had lost the game 3-0. :laugh:

Thankfully, we're batting 100, as they won both outdoor games, including the game in Vancouver

Last edited:

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
Curious if people would have come around if they had lost the game 3-0. :laugh:

Thankfully, we're batting 100, as they won both outdoor games, including the game in Vancouver

The game score had nothing to do with them, as a single game jersey I was fine with it in the end. IMO

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Did they take the employee discount away?

We got something like 15% off when I worked for the team. It wasn't much, but it was enough to cover taxes.
The discount is still there. I know Sens Store employees get either 20 or 30% off now. But for the outdoor jerseys no one got discounts, employees or ssh.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I was at tonight’s game and in the Lightning team store they sell classic jerseys with current player names on the back. Like the jersey they wore in 2004 with Stamkos, Kucherov, etc.

I don’t think the Sens do this? They really should, given how nostalgic this fan base is for the 90s kits.

Reactions: Boud

Back in Black

Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
I was at tonight’s game and in the Lightning team store they sell classic jerseys with current player names on the back. Like the jersey they wore in 2004 with Stamkos, Kucherov, etc.

I don’t think the Sens do this? They really should, given how nostalgic this fan base is for the 90s kits.

For Alfie night, they did come out with all the older jersey's, but it was a very limited run. I'm sure you can still find them at all the Sensation stores.

I still don't understand why our expansion brothers are wearing their 25th anny patch, and we ain't??????

Lightning21_Fotor.png

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
For Alfie night, they did come out with all the older jersey's, but it was a very limited run. I'm sure you can still find them at all the Sensation stores.

I still don't understand why our expansion brothers are wearing their 25th anny patch, and we ain't??????

View attachment 89317

If I remember correctly we wore it last season as we counted the lockout season as counting towards 25 years but they didn't?

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
So does anyone know where I can get an NHL100 jersey customized, but not heat pressed?

Also, does anyone know if there is a schedule for the games we will wear that jersey?

StikTBo

Apr 1, 2010
The more I see the centennial jersey, the more I like it. I would keep the white font but would replace the white O for the black one.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
The silver O has sort of grown on me, but they should change it to solid white. It looks close enough to white most of the time. I also like the addition of the thin middle stripe and the removal of the bottom stripes. Makes the jersey a bit sleeker and looks better as part of a full uniform.

I'd be happy if we had this exact jersey with white replacing silver as our home jersey, and then a (solid, not cream) white version with a black O as our away.

On a side note, are there any good clearance deals for these locally yet? I've been peaking in at some Sport Chek locations that have had liquidated jerseys in the past at 75 percent off, and haven't seen them marked down yet. I picked up a blank one for 70 bucks+ tax at Lids when they were on clearance, but it's a bit on the baggy/long side.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
The silver O has sort of grown on me, but they should change it to solid white. It looks close enough to white most of the time. I also like the addition of the thin middle stripe and the removal of the bottom stripes. Makes the jersey a bit sleeker and looks better as part of a full uniform.

I'd be happy if we had this exact jersey with white replacing silver as our home jersey, and then a (solid, not cream) white version with a black O as our away.

On a side note, are there any good clearance deals for these locally yet? I've been peaking in at some Sport Chek locations that have had liquidated jerseys in the past at 75 percent off, and haven't seen them marked down yet. I picked up a blank one for 70 bucks+ tax at Lids when they were on clearance, but it's a bit on the baggy/long side.

Maybe the Silver, is a homage to the Silver Seven?

Reactions: Back in Black

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Ordered an NHL 100 online from Clubhouse. After a sale on the jersey and the stitching (not heat-pressing thankfully) and free shipping it came to $257.24. Will post pics when it comes in. It is going to be a beauty with that name and number.

Also regarding silver and stripes. I would have preferred bottom stripes, but the silver has grown on me. When we can change jerseys I want to see heritage as the home, heritage classic as the away, NHL 100 with bottom stripes and no silver as the third. Although I would be okay with a silver O for the Silver Sens, I think as a regular third jersey I would prefer no silver stripes. Someone also mentioned a white O which I would be interested in seeing a concept of. That also makes me think that since the original heritage jersey had a black O on white and red stripes, that it might be interesting to see a white O on the heritage classic's black and red stripes, and a red O on the NHL 100s black and white stripes. In my head it doesn't look great, but I still think seeing a mockup could be interesting and might change my mind.

Last edited:

Back in Black

Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Just a reminder..........

The Senators will wear the NHL 100 Classic jerseys on the remaining 3 dates:

Thursday, Feb. 1, at 7 p.m. vs. Anaheim Ducks
Thursday, Feb. 8, at 7:30 p.m. vs. Nashville Predators
Saturday, Feb. 17, at 7 p.m. vs. N.Y. Rangers

Reactions: Larionov
Status