Speculation: 2017-2018 Trade Rumors Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I actually have seen hampus being a lot more vocal this season, between faceoffs and on the bench.... he always seems to improve upon the things he gets most criticized on. I would give a letter the lindholm... hes arguably our best player, and 1 of if not the hardest workers on the team(not saying he needs a C but I don't mind giving him an A) . But hopefully everything goes to plan and Sam Steel can become our future captain.... I really like his attitude/character and hope he can be a more calming captain then our hyper aggressive leaders we currently have.

Only reason I could see manson over fowler, is manson never has confidence issues.. and he sticks up for his teammates.... fowler sticking up for a teammate id feel more comfortable throwing a wet noodle at the guy.

Hampus is only 24 and like Cam needs to focus on being more consistent and his own play rather than be burdened with the captaincy. I don’t even think he’s close to ready for an A yet.

Manson I think I would be ok with. He doesn’t seem to be the type that would be phased by the extra responsibilities and he has plenty of confidence in his game.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Hampus is only 24 and like Cam needs to focus on being more consistent and his own play rather than be burdened with the captaincy. I don’t even think he’s close to ready for an A yet.

Manson I think I would be ok with. He doesn’t seem to be the type that would be phased by the extra responsibilities and he has plenty of confidence in his game.
Meh getz and perry have a tendency to act like they are 24 at times... and a lot of teams have captain/A's that are younger than 24.

Lindholm does everything you want from a player and seems to care the most on the team.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010

As hard as he is known to work, the exciting thing about Hampus, is that he should be able to train and improve this summer. It can take a long time for a shoulder surgery like his, and he could really be ready next year.....

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
After that series im liking my idea of buying out or trading perry and signing tavares. We are a long way from a legitimate cup contender. Either shake it up or syart thinking about a rebuild. That is unless a new coach can make a huge difference.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Fowler with an A? No thanks

Manson would be a good one
Honestly my vote would go to Hamper for the A. Fowler is not a leader.

Fowler is pretty clearly the leader of the defense core at this point, even if Manson hits more than him.

I don't see it that way. It does not mean that he may be the best D at some days but he is not a leader imho.

After that series im liking my idea of buying out or trading perry and signing tavares. We are a long way from a legitimate cup contender. Either shake it up or syart thinking about a rebuild. That is unless a new coach can make a huge difference.

What let you think Tavares would sign here?

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Honestly my vote would go to Hamper for the A. Fowler is not a leader.

I don't see it that way. It does not mean that he may be the best D at some days but he is not a leader imho.

What let you think Tavares would sign here?
$$$ weather and playing with Rakell

I know it is a long shot but it is just nice to think that we would go big and try to win something. Otherwise it is going to be a painful time waiting out the end of all of these contracts.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
$$$ weather and playing with Rakell

I know it is a long shot but it is just nice to think that we would go big and try to win something. Otherwise it is going to be a painful time waiting out the end of all of these contracts.
It's not even a long shot. It's off the board. Budget teams don't spend $18M on a buyout followed by winning a bidding war for the top UFA on the market in the last few years. We aren't the Leafs or Rangers.

Reactions: Spazkat

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
We have spent like 27 million on Getzlaf Perry and Kesler. Its not like we dont pay for big contracts. Also, the Perry savings and by moving Rico would could basically have almost all of that contract paid for while also getting assets for trading Rico.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
We have spent like 27 million on Getzlaf Perry and Kesler. Its not like we dont pay for big contracts. Also, the Perry savings and by moving Rico would could basically have almost all of that contract paid for while also getting assets for trading Rico.
Having the Getzlaf and Kesler contracts is exactly why Anaheim isn't going to go and drop 9m+ on another center. No team is going to put around 1/3rd of their cap into 3 centers for the next 4+ years. Anaheim would end up having zero offensive depth.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
I want Silfverberg traded
I mean, he probably shouldn't be considered untouchable, and could even be considered a piece one would be more likely to include in a deal, but it doesn't make sense to just want him traded for the sake of it. It would really only make sense if he was a big piece in an even bigger package for an impact player.

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
I mean, he probably shouldn't be considered untouchable, and could even be considered a piece one would be more likely to include in a deal, but it doesn't make sense to just want him traded for the sake of it. It would really only make sense if he was a big piece in an even bigger package for an impact player.
My main gripe with silf is him coming down the wing and completely missing the net on his shot which it seems like that’s all he does now

Mallard

Apr 19, 2017
Canada
Weird how we are assuming Perry and/or Kesler wouldn't waive. It's not impossible. Aren't there players who had similar contracts/situations who have waived in the past? Or am I way off here.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Weird how we are assuming Perry and/or Kesler wouldn't waive. It's not impossible. Aren't there players who had similar contracts/situations who have waived in the past? Or am I way off here.
Sure, it happens, but I think it's the wise approach to expect them to not waive. Usually, the guys getting full NTCs get them for reasons, these guys aren't in their mid-20s and/or single, and there aren't that many better spots around. With NTCs, you're just playing the odds right assuming they'll be utilized until you hear something about them actually being waived.

Reactions: Mallard

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
When was the last time the leafs did that?

I think the argument is more about the Leafs actually having the finances to make this happen if they wanted to. The Ducks organization however does not.

Exactly what Tiny said. The games they play with LTIR make it quite obvious they have and aren't afraid to spend money on the team.

Reactions: AngelDuck

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
I think NMC are overstated. I think it means you'll have few teams to work with and you'll get get shit return, but I don't think it's too common that the player will completely block any move.

Reactions: The Duck Knight
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I think his speculation is weird too. What I do think is interesting though is industry people insisting Perry has value around the league despite the contract.

Yeah regardless of his speculation, thats what I'm getting from this. When he's framing it as whether or not Murray would make that move it's a pretty good indicator that teams still do value him.

I'm still skeptical for now, even if NMCs are overstated I'm not sure it is for Perry specifically. If Eaves would ve been around this year that would've made things very interesting in that regard.

That article also didn't sound optimistic for Carlyles chances of returning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad