Speculation: 2017-2018 Trade Rumors Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Soooo, players are looking for trade destinations by their own now?

I don`t know much about him other than he could play only 3*10 mins in an expansion team. Could we use him?

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
A Russian, with a relatively sizeable contract, who's not cracking Vegas' line-up - yeah, that kind of risk really isn't up Murray's alley. To be honest, if we could make the money work (and outside of an unrealistic Bieksa deal I'm not seeing any good options to do that), I would actually like it. I've seen him play a couple times back in May here at the WC, and his talent is undeniable. In the right situation, I think he'd be easily worth his contract. I couldn't be sure it's with us, either, though.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
To be fair though, is it because of the Russian factor, or because MacPhee handled his contracts so badly to start the year? By the time they sorted that out, Vegas was coming out red-hot, so of course they’re not gonna mess with their lines. Shipachyov got shafted by management at the most important time to build chemistry (preseason scrums are worthless for that, IMO), because they just couldn’t part with one of their 3rd pairing scrubs.

I think he’s overhyped for sure, but with some retention, this guy could be a good value supplementary scoring center...kinda what we need right now.

But of course, we’re not trading for him. He’s Russian. We kinda know what Ducks management thinks of Russians at this point.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
A Russian, with a relatively sizeable contract, who's not cracking Vegas' line-up - yeah, that kind of risk really isn't up Murray's alley. To be honest, if we could make the money work (and outside of an unrealistic Bieksa deal I'm not seeing any good options to do that), I would actually like it. I've seen him play a couple times back in May here at the WC, and his talent is undeniable. In the right situation, I think he'd be easily worth his contract. I couldn't be sure it's with us, either, though.
Actually, the Ducks can make it work pretty easily. Trade for him, immediately over the Cap for his entire salary, so LTIR Vatanen, Kesler, and Fowler, then send down Boll when Kesler comes back if some space is still needed. Vatanen goes in the offseason.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Actually, the Ducks can make it work pretty easily. Trade for him, immediately over the Cap for his entire salary, so LTIR Vatanen, Kesler, and Fowler, then send down Boll when Kesler comes back if some space is still needed. Vatanen goes in the offseason.

Damn, I only recently read a small number in cap space, and didn't realize all the LTIR room we qualify for - thanks. In that case - heck, might as well give it a shot. But I don't think I can blame BM for not going for him.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
If they could get Shipachyov for cheap, it might be worth a punt as his KHL stats are very impressive. But with all the question marks over Eaves (and Anaheim IMO already were short of an forward pre-Eaves injury) I'm not sure Anaheim can afford to take a chance on an (NHL) unproven forward, because they are really up the creek without a paddle if it didn't work out. I'd be more comfortable with Anaheim going for a guy who has produced at the NHL level tbh.

Can Anaheim LTIR Vatanen if he's due back soon? I'd imagine it would be more worth to LTIR Eaves since I doubt he's back this season.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
If they could get Shipachyov for cheap, it might be worth a punt as his KHL stats are very impressive. But with all the question marks over Eaves (and Anaheim IMO already were short of an forward pre-Eaves injury) I'm not sure Anaheim can afford to take a chance on an (NHL) unproven forward, because they are really up the creek without a paddle if it didn't work out. I'd be more comfortable with Anaheim going for a guy who has produced at the NHL level tbh.

Can Anaheim LTIR Vatanen if he's due back soon? I'd imagine it would be more worth to LTIR Eaves since I doubt he's back this season.
Missing 10 games and 24 days is the requirement. Eaves is also a good culprit.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Missing 10 games and 24 days is the requirement. Eaves is also a good culprit.
Ah right, that makes sense. So looking at it Eaves will be eligible for it on November 6 if my maths is right, have to imagine that he'll be put on there soon as that date comes around.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Given his being unproven in NA and based on other evaluations I've read, I don't think teams will be lining up to trade for him. If Bob is allowed to over spend the internal budget to replace Eaves, and if Vegas retains down to Eaves salary (appx $3M) and takes a mediocre prospect I'd give it a try.

Pennaduck

Aug 17, 2016
Pennsylvania
regarding ship - when was the last time this organization even signed or drafted a russian player, much less traded for one?

I'd be on board with bringing him in if Vegas retained some salary and the cost was low, but it's not gonna happen. Murray (and Burke before him) are pretty openly biased against them

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Yeah, I'm not arguing that we should take him or will take him, I was just pointing out that we COULD take him. The cost will also likely be far lower than Neal or Perron.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
regarding ship - when was the last time this organization even signed or drafted a russian player, much less traded for one?

2009 draft - 3rd round - Igor Bobkov

They were hoping he was another Bryz

Non-goalie you have to go all the way back to Chistov in 2001.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
This team isn’t going to go after a Russian in a trade, it’s kinda silly to even discuss it. And if we go after any forward, it should be for someone you know can make an impact, even if it costs more. No more half-measures or band-aid fixes, get someone who we actually need to win with or do nothing.

Perron, Neal, Duchene, or JVR, obviously at the right price, should be the players we target. Not sure if I’m interested in going after young, unproven players like Reinhart or Galchyenuk.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden

Vitaly Vishnevsky, Maxim Kondratiev, Evgeny Artyukhin.

Off the top of my head.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Vitaly Vishnevskiy, Maxim Kondratiev, Evgeny Artyukhin.

Off the top of my head.

Vish was drafted a long time ago, in 1998.

Maxim Kondratiev was acquired via trade and only played 4 games for the Ducks in 07-08 before fleeing for Russia.

Evgeny Artyukhin was briefly a Duck in 09-10 acquired via trade, though he wasn't a skill player, he was acquired to hit people.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
This team isn’t going to go after a Russian in a trade, it’s kinda silly to even discuss it. And if we go after any forward, it should be for someone you know can make an impact, even if it costs more. No more half-measures or band-aid fixes, get someone who we actually need to win with or do nothing.

Perron, Neal, Duchene, or JVR, obviously at the right price, should be the players we target. Not sure if I’m interested in going after young, unproven players like Reinhart or Galchyenuk.

I just don't really seeing the right price with them the closest would be Perron. With all our injuries we shouldn't trade for any of them unless it is near trade deadline and we are in playoff position and healthy.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006

Ah yes. Chistov. The player who tried to stickhandle the puck into the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad