Speculation: 2017-2018 Trade Rumors Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Well, if Bob can actually make a Perry deal happen (and I think Perry's thoughts about his NMC is the main factor there) he would be wise to do so for multiple reasons.

1. The team absolutely needs a shakeup and Perry's best days are behind him.
2. It would be a big relief to any possible 20/21 ED.
3. It would tie in nicely with a new coach and new direction with an emphasis on speed and a chance for a kid to earn a roster spot.

But if RC is back I'm not sure Bob moves Perry even for a great deal.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Carolina could be a good fit, assuming there is any possibility of a Perry trade. They have plenty of cap room, a need for a goal scoring RW and have expressed desire to become more difficult to play against. Perry would bring some variety to a winger group otherwise made up of smaller, skilled types.

Who knows if Perry would be willing to go there (or anywhere for that matter), but I see that being more likely than a larger market - I can't see him wanting to be under the microscope.

Reactions: Johnny Caravella

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Carolina could be a good fit, assuming there is any possibility of a Perry trade. They have plenty of cap room, a need for a goal scoring RW and have expressed desire to become more difficult to play against. Perry would bring some variety to a winger group otherwise made up of smaller, skilled types.

Who knows if Perry would be willing to go there (or anywhere for that matter), but I see that being more likely than a larger market - I can't see him wanting to be under the microscope.
Don't see Perry waiving his NMC to uproot his infant child and wife from Orange County to Raleigh

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
The only way that I see Perry waiving is if he's going back to Canada to live near his family, which as I understood it at the time, was one of the things that led negotiations to drag on during his extension.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
The only way that I see Perry waiving is if he's going back to Canada to live near his family, which as I understood it at the time, was one of the things that led negotiations to drag on during his extension.
I'd be surprised if he really would want that crazy pressure. He doesn't seem like a guy who would do well in that environment. Last summer he told ES he didn't want to talk about his disappointing previous year and that was it, nobody ever questioned him. Canada (or Toronto more specifically) would not accept that for an answer. He would be hounded to death. Of course if that's what he wants I'd be fine with it. :thumbu:

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I'd be surprised if he really would want that crazy pressure. He doesn't seem like a guy who would do well in that environment. Last summer he told ES he didn't want to talk about his disappointing previous year and that was it, nobody ever questioned him. Canada (or Toronto more specifically) would not accept that for an answer. He would be hounded to death. Of course if that's what he wants I'd be fine with it. :thumbu:

I agree, I just can't see him wanting to deal with the scrutiny of being a highly paid, declining player in a big market - and I can't say I'd blame him.

Playing in Carolina would offer much easier travel back home than he has now, as well as a lighter travel grind throughout the season - while still getting to enjoy a warmer climate and avoiding big market scrutiny. As good of a fit as I can think of for Perry if he's willing to entertain the idea.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
It was something that he supposedly wished he had, and if memory serves it's why he trained up there during the lockout.

I don't see how Carolina would hold any appeal for him. That scenario is entirely self-serving on the part of the fans, and provides no real incentive for him to leave.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
It was something that he supposedly wished he had, and if memory serves it's why he trained up there during the lockout.

I don't see how Carolina would hold any appeal for him. That scenario is entirely self-serving on the part of the fans, and provides no real incentive for him to leave.
Well, if that's the case it just helps us if we want to move him. As far as Carolina or anywhere else I think the appeal may be if he feels the need to prove something to himself and sees it as an opportunity that is no longer an option in ANA. Anaheim probably had no appeal for a young Canadian boy at one time and that worked out pretty well, so, who knows.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Is there something that could be done revolving around Kesler and Andrew Ladd in your opinions?

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Is there something that could be done revolving around Kesler and Andrew Ladd in your opinions?
The Ducks are going to give Kesler an offseason and another season to heal and perform better before they consider dumping him for another bad contract.

It's just how it is

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
The Ducks are going to give Kesler an offseason and another season to heal and perform better before they consider dumping him for another bad contract.

It's just how it is
Makes sense, Ladd has injury issues too but I don't think his are recoverable like Keslers. Who knows, maybe we see a deal like this for Perry.

Oct 18, 2011
The best option is to hope Keslers hip will be ok, which raises the question did he rush back, and if he did someone has to be held accountable.

If this is what he is now the coaches have to change his role, this is not Keslers fault.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
No point in that move, it doesn’t save that much cap, and we don’t need another aging declining winger.
My thinking was one year extra for 1.3(?) in savings per year but wasn't sure on Keslers injuries. Saw Bobbie Mack say that Ducks might bet on him recovering. Ladd has a groin issue that put him from 55 point two way winger to 30 point to way winger. Still can play on my team but isn't worth the 5.5 million.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Friedman eyes potential offseason NHL changes

Nothing but speculation, but thought I'd throw it on here for discussion. The most interesting thing said IMO:

The one thing is… Bob Murray is a pretty aggressive guy. And at the deadline he did nothing, or made one small deal – Wagner for Chimera – if I remember correctly. That said to me that he didn’t think his team was good enough. Because if Bob Murray thinks his team is good enough, he goes for it. So I wonder if they’ve kind of been preparing for this. I would expect they’re going to make changes.

I think there’s a couple of really interesting ones there. I’d be surprised if Murray was out. I’ve got to think they’re thinking coaching.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Ducks 2017-18 report card: Surprises and disappointments abound – Orange County Register

He made an instant impact and became a perfect fit while regaining his scoring touch. He’ll be a priority re-signing for Murray, who wants to extend him this summer.

Bieksa threw two great MMA-style punches to drop Philadelphia’s Radko Gudas and the Kings’ Andy Andreoff, but he played with a bad left hand for months and struggled mightily. They’re expected to let him walk.

Some good news on Rico and KB from Stephens even though he also says both BM and RC are expected back.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Reactions: Tiny Biggs

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
Ducks will and should give Kesler a chance to rehab and come back healthy. I thought he actually looked better that final few weeks of the season (still not nearly what he was). Bottom line, he is untradable and I think there's a decent chance he comes back. Worst case is he's a good bottom 6 center.

Perry is tough to trade. Full NMC and don't think he'd accept a trade other than to a Canadian team - Ontario province or maybe Calgary where he played before. I don't think there's any chance he goes to a place like Carolina.

Even if he is open to it, the ducks will have to retain or take back another bad contract (Eriksson or Brouer?). Interestingly, Corey Perry is the first link in the Cap Friendly "Popular Buyout" category. I think he stays with the ducks and maybe gets bought out prior to expansion (so the ducks don't have to protect him). Other possibility is that in connection with a new collective bargaining agreement, teams get an amnesty buyout or two (Kesler and Perry would both be candidates).

I think the ducks will make changes, but it will hopefully be trading a forward (my guess is Silf) and giving the young guys a chance in camp.

Would love to see a new coach, but BM doesn't seem t have it in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad