Speculation: 2017-2018 Trade Rumors Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
That article and the one about Dreger are kinda of stupid because they revolve around the idea that Perry is a trade-able asset. In what world would any team want Perry? Getz I get, but managment is not going to move him. Perry is just an immovable contract, the cap hit, the nmc, the dwindling numbers, the history of the player all make that contract nearly impossible to move. I can't even think of a team that would want him.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I agree Getzlaf shouldn't be moved and that Perry has minimal value which would also require retention. But I hope we see more rumors like this. I know they have NMCs but it will do them good to see people talk about their constant failure here to the point of trade rumors starting.

Kariya 9

Feb 28, 2014
I agree Getzlaf shouldn't be moved and that Perry has minimal value which would also require retention. But I hope we see more rumors like this. I know they have NMCs but it will do them good to see people talk about their constant failure here to the point of trade rumors starting.

Would they even care?

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Perry might get moved but we'd be retaining a lot of taking back some bad contracts. I don't think teams would gamble on Kesler getting back to what he was at 34. Trading Getzlaf is lunacy.

Reactions: Duck Off

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
Getz needs to retire a Duck. Perry? He can go, if anyone is willing to take him. Like someone mentioned, I’d be shocked if anyone actually wanted him unless it was in similar dumps.

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
I'd rather not give Perry away without anyone who is actually better to replace him. A 50-60 pt RW isn't the worst thing in the world.
At 8.6 million, it’s definitely a problem. I guess we had to overpay to keep him. But he gets paid like an elite RW, and he isn’t anymore.

ZzZz

Dec 22, 2017
At 8.6 million, it’s definitely a problem. I guess we had to overpay to keep him. But he gets paid like an elite RW, and he isn’t anymore.

Yeah it would be nice to be able to sign a free agent with the cap space, but Anaheim doesn't seem to attract many of those, and lately almost every FA signing has been large contracts for players on the decline. I would be ok for using him in a package for another quality winger, but dumping him for the cap space without an immediate upgrade to use that cap on is not something a team that is still trying to win now should do.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
What is perry at $4.3 million worth to another team? He’d have to be willing to waive which is unlikely.

Girardi in nyr didn’t waive and the rangers had to buy him out. He was due $13 million, got paid his $3 million in signing bonus and got $6.7 of his remaining $10 million in salary. Signs in TB for $6 million over 2 years. So he will be nd up making $15.67 million bs the $13 million had he simply waived his nmc for the ED and allowed the rangers to trade him afterwards to a team on his trade list but he didn’t and came out ahead financially. Plus get reduces his contract term by 1 year so he could be even further ahead.

I don’t see perry pulling a MAF and doing the ducks a solid in waiving his nmc.

The ducks need to add more speed up front. Need steel to be a player next season along with terry.

They are currently set to be at $65 million against the cap with montour to sign along with Ritchie which they should get. Would have roughly $9 million left against an $80 million cap to round out the team.

A perry buyout saves $4.5 million next season, then 6.5 million the year after but only $2 million in 3 years against his $8.6 million cap before they eat $2 million per for 3 years.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Perry's contract is likely a thing of the past by the time Seattle is even a team.

Kesler's contract is the one you consider buying out.

Oct 18, 2011
If you trade Getzlaf you have to do a full rebuild, with that said I would like for him to play his entire career here. You also have to get an overpay, this team is bad without him.

The GM also has to be honest with himself, is the window closed? If so you have to start cutting salary and getting younger. We have some good prospect's but we don't have that potential top 10 player in the league guy.

Reactions: Trojans86 and Kalv

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Doing the numbers off the top of my head we should be able to buy out Perry and use the savings to make a signing in free agency and give it one last shot with this window. We already have another RW with Eaves coming back, hopefully.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Doing the numbers off the top of my head we should be able to buy out Perry and use the savings to make a signing in free agency and give it one last shot with this window. We already have another RW with Eaves coming back, hopefully.
Eaves, who may be worse than Perry when he comes back. People really need to stop expecting him to be another 30 goal scorer when/if he comes back.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

A Perry buyout just isn't a feasible option for this team financially speaking.

Also I just don't think it would be smart to bank on Eaves to come back and have much of an impact. He's in his mid 30s and just had an entire year off, anything we get from him moving forward should be considered a bonus.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
A Perry buyout just isn't a feasible option for this team financially speaking.

Also I just don't think it would be smart to bank on Eaves to come back and have much of an impact. He's in his mid 30s and just had an entire year off, anything we get from him moving forward should be considered a bonus.
Ducks need to change something up front on their roster.

I would expect getzlaf, Kessler and steel to be their top 3 C. Then you have the likes of Rackell, silferberg, eaves, cogs, on the wings as your vets. And youngsters in Ritchie, terry in the mix for the top 9. Then there’s perry.

Silver, waves and terry shoot right. So have enough rights to move on from perry.

But that $6 million in dead cap space in 20-21 is a tough pill to swallow per capfriendly on a buyout.

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
Ducks need to change something up front on their roster.

I would expect getzlaf, Kessler and steel to be their top 3 C. Then you have the likes of Rackell, silferberg, eaves, cogs, on the wings as your vets. And youngsters in Ritchie, terry in the mix for the top 9. Then there’s perry.

Silver, waves and terry shoot right. So have enough rights to move on from perry.

But that $6 million in dead cap space in 20-21 is a tough pill to swallow per capfriendly on a buyout.
Henrique > Cogs, Eaves, Silf. Hope we keep him over Eaves and Silf for sure

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Perry is still owed $24M over the remaining 3 years of his contract. A buyout would still cost just a tad under $18M due to the bonuses. No budget team would buyout that contract.

Honestly, the Ducks best bet is for a lockout/strike in 20/21. That's the last year of Getz and Perry as well as the next to last year for Kesler. Kesler's last year could be bought out. But that last year has no NMC, just a modified NTC where he can list 8 teams he could not be traded to. So if he somehow is still productive by then, a trade could be possible.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Would any of these 3 waive their nmc for a trade? Perry and Kes need retention. Getz, think he’s good enough to avoid it being a center and productive.

Between la and Anaheim, ducks have better young talent but are held back by nmc to their big 3 aging forwards. La, lacks young talent but if they sold their core who have no trade protection they could really restock the cupboards.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I could actually see teams being very interested in Perry. Especially one like Carolina, who has a new owner that wants to get tougher and would probably love to add a big name. The bigger problem is his NMC, I just don't see a lot of reasons why he'd waive. Maybe after last year where he was demoted to the third line over Eaves, but now he's back on the top line and getting plenty of PP time and no real reason for change.

Buying him out is also probably a bad move. It's only three more years and he's still useful, might as well gut it out now and save that space for the post-twins transition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino