Speculation: 2017-2018 Trade Rumors Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
BM is a very silly GM if he brings RC back for next season, as that's just putting himself under more pressure by doubling down on RC when it's clearly not working instead of going in a different, more modern direction.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Mallard

Apr 19, 2017
Canada
BM is a very silly GM if he brings RC back for next season, as that's just putting himself under more pressure by doubling down on RC when it's clearly not working instead of going in a different, more modern direction.

If RC is back then BM+RC should be fired next year if the Ducks don't make it to the SCF IMO.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I think we may end up catching a break with the timing of Montour being an RFA this off season. Most of us would agree that he's going to be a high impact player and already is on many nights. But in terms of stats and accomplishments, the leverage likely isn't there to command a big money deal. I could see us getting him on a very reasonable extension similar to Rakell's, and that could turn out to be a big time bargain.

Maybe his agent will push for a bridge deal, knowing that Montour could have a big breakout. If we can get him signed long term this off season I don't think we'll regret it.

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
The fact that he wants to be here doesn't speak very well of his intelligence.

I disagree with this comment. Everyone's personality and preference are different, and he could be a player who doesn't like to move around. He spent many years in New Jersey, and perhaps he likes the consistency of being with one team. Plus he flourished as a player once he got here. As unhappy as we are with the conclusion to the season, he had an excellent playing experience once he got here. There are players who don't care where they play and can't wait to test the market, to see what are the biggest bucks that they can get. That is fine for them, but it is not fine for everyone.

Plus, what do you expect him to say? The odds of him or any other player saying that he hates it here and wants to move on are about zero, particularly with a year left on his contract. The almost universal comment is, "I want to be a XXXX for life, so let us see what we can work out", even if they don't really mean it.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I disagree with this comment. Everyone's personality and preference are different, and he could be a player who doesn't like to move around. He spent many years in New Jersey, and perhaps he likes the consistency of being with one team. Plus he flourished as a player once he got here. As unhappy as we are with the conclusion to the season, he had an excellent playing experience once he got here. There are players who don't care where they play and can't wait to test the market, to see what are the biggest bucks that they can get. That is fine for them, but it is not fine for everyone.

Plus, what do you expect him to say? The odds of him or any other player saying that he hates it here and wants to move on are about zero, particularly with a year left on his contract. The almost universal comment is, "I want to be a XXXX for life, so let us see what we can work out", even if they don't really mean it.
This is why lawyers aren't any fun at parties.

It was a joke.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017

Test the market, man.

It is a great sign that he wants to stay here. But I really wonder what that will mean for Sam Steel down the road. Getzlaf is here for 3 more seasons, Kesler for 4, Henrique will get a 6y minimum. Hopefully it will not include a NMC. What do 45-50 point players currently get?

I really wonder how this will fit with all the young players coming of their contracts.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
It is a great sign that he wants to stay here. But I really wonder what that will mean for Sam Steel down the road. Getzlaf is here for 3 more seasons, Kesler for 4, Henrique will get a 6y minimum. Hopefully it will not include a NMC. What do 45-50 point players currently get?

I really wonder how this will fit with all the young players coming of their contracts.

Steel may have to break in on the wing when he's ready, or perhaps he could play with Henrique and share some center responsibilities.

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia

Steel may have to break in on the wing when he's ready, or perhaps he could play with Henrique and share some center responsibilities.
Henrique could also shift to wing smoothly.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014

As others have said, someone just has to move to wing.

The starting price for 40-point forwards is about $4 million AAV, if their name isn't Rickard Rakell. I'd imagine that 50 points is about $5 million? :dunno:

Looking at some of the contracts that Bob has negotiated recently (Vermette, Fowler, Miller), I'd say he has learned his lesson, when it comes to handing out NMCs.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Kesler has played as a wing to Sedins previously, too.

There is no such thing as ''too many centers'' in the NHL. Sam will be fine and have his opportunities that will be up to him to use.

BTW
Am I the only one thinking that Perry has ''only'' 3 years left? I thought it was more tbh.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town

I'd be looking at players like Zibanejad, Johansson, and maybe even Nugent-Hopkins (as the ceiling) for comparables in terms of contracts. We're talking probably in the range of 5.5M to 6M. Johansson is at around 4.8, but he's due for a raise - you can bet it will be around the same range.

We're talking a player who's topped 50 points a few times, but not beyond that. A little older than Zibanejad, less potential...I'm going to say that Henrique's gonna come in at 5.75M.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
A <30m for 6 years would be ok imho. I doubt he would sign it but like I said, I have serious concern how we handle the cap/salary after next year.

Man, our highest scoring player will only be #5 in salary for forwards for the next few years. Rickys deal is just insane.

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
Are there still people seriously thinking Steel can just up and come and start playing at a high NHL caliber level within the next two seasons? Wow you lot are going to be surprised.

Reactions: Exit Dose

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Steel won't be ready until the following season, Terry/Roy/Kossila are ready though.

nilssont

May 27, 2007
Id trade or let Henrique walk before i I signed him to a ~6M deal.
Can we really carry that kind of contract when Gibsons getting north of 5M?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad