Speculation: 2017-2018 Trade Rumors Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
Whats the story with Ian Cole? He was apparently in the doghouse and playing on Pittsburgh's third pairing. How would he fit with the ducks?

RakAttack

Nov 9, 2017
Whats the story with Ian Cole? He was apparently in the doghouse and playing on Pittsburgh's third pairing. How would he fit with the ducks?

Well, he’s not worse than Bieksa or Beauch... so he’d at least push them out. Seems like a very BM kind of move

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Cole would be a nice low key target, seems like a total Murray move. Maybe even look to get him extended as the younger veteran replacement for Beauch/Bieksa.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
LeBrun saying it's possible that there's a third team involved in the Brassard trade. IMO has to be Ottawa flipping Cole somewhere else?

Reactions: Getz2perry

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015

He fell out of favor somehow, and from what I gather when players end up in Sullivan's doghouse they don't get out. Pens fans were having fits for a while over his usage or lack thereof

darkwingduck

Nov 7, 2014
Mission Viejo, CA
Kind of blows that the Ducks have had so many injuries and aren't ahead in the standings to make BM extremely confident in this team's chances. Seems like this may be an insane trade deadline for once.

Emerald Duck

Dec 9, 2009
Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim, CA
I think our TDL activity may depend on sweeping this weekend's games. If the team continues to play well and win, then Bob may feel it is warranted to make a move (albeit probably a minor one). If the team doesn't show up for must-win and should-win games against ARI and EDM, then Bob may conclude that it's not our year unless something just falls into his lap.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
LeBrun saying it's possible that there's a third team involved in the Brassard trade. IMO has to be Ottawa flipping Cole somewhere else?

Elkund said he's hearing to another team in the metro so he's probably coming West. would be a Murray type of move. IF it gets Bieksa out of the lineup, i'm for it. If he's replacing anyone else, his appeal diminishes for me.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I think our TDL activity may depend on sweeping this weekend's games. If the team continues to play well and win, then Bob may feel it is warranted to make a move (albeit probably a minor one). If the team doesn't show up for must-win and should-win games against ARI and EDM, then Bob may conclude that it's not our year unless something just falls into his lap.
Yeah, given his previous comments, I don't think the team has any margin for error this weekend. Anything less than two solid games will likely keep Bob on the sidelines.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Vegas has too many defensemen so they don't want Cole in that 3 team trade. Ottawa will flip Cole to someone else.

Cole is a rental so Bob should take a look.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I think this looks ripe to fall apart. Seems like the issue is they need Vegas to do the eating and Pittsburgh to send them compensation for doing so but you can't do that in a three team trade. You'd think they would just do multiple moves on paper to make it essentially be that, but maybe they can't, as if they could, why haven't they already? Mostly though, a late first and a prospect for Brassard is pretty decent value, what's to stop any team from coming in with a comparable offer that isn't so intricate?

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Can we use one thread or the other......

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I think this looks ripe to fall apart. Seems like the issue is they need Vegas to do the eating and Pittsburgh to send them compensation for doing so but you can't do that in a three team trade. You'd think they would just do multiple moves on paper to make it essentially be that, but maybe they can't, as if they could, why haven't they already? Mostly though, a late first and a prospect for Brassard is pretty decent value, what's to stop any team from coming in with a comparable offer that isn't so intricate?

Lol never mind. This should be interesting, though

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
They're near the bottom of the cap. They can afford to sit Sbisa or any other D. Rosters expand Monday after the deadline. No risk running Sbisa thru waivers if that's required.

That's also assuming the Knights think Cole is better than Sbisa, Theodore, Hunt, Merrill, Garrisson. We'll see once the full trade is announced but I don't see the Knights needing another 3rd pairing D-man.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Now TSN is saying the Knights are getting Reaves in the deal, which is funny because they have Deryk Engelland but he has refused to play the enforcer role this season. (0 fights in 59 games).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->