Speculation: 2017-2018 Trade Rumors Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Yeah, Grabner is this year's Eaves. But having said that, after giving up a rare first last year, I can't see Bob making any deal for even a conditional first. So it would have to be cheaper than that.

Reactions: Getz2perry
Oct 18, 2011
Does Ritchie really help that line much ? Other teams have been keying in on Kase and that line has trouble producing when they do that. Kase drives that bus. I don't think Ritchie really does much.
I have been watching closely, dmen know when Ritchie is close by, they're having to get rid of pucks a split second earlier and Henrique/Kase use their high IQs to anticipate those errors. I think itd be moronic to split that line up there is zero reason to do it and I say that as someone who thinks Ritchie needs to win more puck battles

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
Yeah, Grabner is this year's Eaves. But having said that, after giving up a rare first last year, I can't see Bob making any deal for even a conditional first. So it would have to be cheaper than that.

What if it was conditional on us making the Cup?

I think I’d bite

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
The previous condition was making the WCF, with Eaves playing a certain amount of games. It wasn't a throw-away condition.

I'm with JC. I don't see it happening twice in a row, even if you made the condition less likely. Anaheim isn't a team that likes to move their 1st's, and I think there is a good reason for that when you check out the team's ability to draft late in the 1st.

I'm sure some teams value late 1st's a bit differently than Anaheim, but I think the Ducks just feel very comfortable with their ability to find NHL talent in those spots. That's a hard asset to give away.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Grabner to me seems like another haglin move... the idea is nice but idk that hell fit the team well

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
I'm still in the camp that is for staying put with our forwards. The real need is another defenseman so we don't have Bieksa and Beauch in every game. McDonagh really intrigues me and we have the assets to acquire him, but I'm very wary about moving Steel or Terry who I feel like would need to be involved.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Yeah I wouldn't want Grabner for the price of a 2nd+. Honestly anything more than a 3rd for a rental forward I'd pass on. Any legit assets should go toward a dman.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
I'm still in the camp that is for staying put with our forwards. The real need is another defenseman so we don't have Bieksa and Beauch in every game. McDonagh really intrigues me and we have the assets to acquire him, but I'm very wary about moving Steel or Terry who I feel like would need to be involved.

McD as a 3rd pairing LD seems like a spectacular waste of assets to me

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
McD as a 3rd pairing LD seems like a spectacular waste of assets to me
Id prefer rhd, dont recall mcd playing on right side much...idk that fowler or lindholm could either.

That being said ill take lindholm or fowler on their off side over bieska, if it means mcdonagh is here

Mcdonagh lindholm
Fowler montour
Whoever manson, can swap manson up w/ fowler

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I wonder if Wagner will be dealt away. Reportedly worked on an extension but nothing yet and his play has been a little uneven since the first quarter of the year.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Id prefer rhd, dont recall mcd playing on right side much...idk that fowler or lindholm could either.

That being said ill take lindholm or fowler on their off side over bieska, if it means mcdonagh is here

Mcdonagh lindholm
Fowler montour
Whoever manson, can swap manson up w/ fowler

Lindholm didn’t look flash on his off side a couple of weeks back. McDonagh can play the right though.

Reactions: Getz2perry

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Looking at the standings of teams that are selling... two guys that I wouldn't mind picking up are:

-Luke Glendening - cheap contract and not a rental... just as good as Vermette on faceoffs but more consistent physicallity and hustle. I wouldnt give up a 2nd, but maybe we can hold out and hope they take a 3rd + low end prospect like Kerdiles/Nattinen/Megna.

-Jordie Benn - Would be interesting to see Ritchie vs Ritchie and Benn vs Benn if we match up with the Stars. Benn would be similar to Bieksa... so I would only obtain him for a late pick if we can pawn off Bieksa...

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Lindholm didn’t look flash on his off side a couple of weeks back. McDonagh can play the right though.
Oh then that is much easier then having 1 of fowler/lindholm learn their off side.

I don't think any dmen looks flash on their off side on a 1 game sequence... would prob take a week or 2 to get comfortable.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015

I don't think I've ever seen Fowler even try playing right side and Lindholm looked abysmal when they made him switch the other night. The fact remains that it would be a ton of assets. For one year of McD because we can't afford his next contract, and they still wont sit Bieksa because McD would be in for Beauchamin.

And that right there is the big problem. If we had only 1 of Bieksa or Beauch we could limit the damage with a solid partner and limited minutes. With both we're just screwed since 1 will likely be in at all times and since they play opposite sides, we can't pick up just 1 solid guy who can babysit them.

Reactions: Deuce22

branmuffin17

Sep 10, 2014
Santa Ana, CA
Fowler played RD in his early years, if I recall correctly...his first year or two was when paired with Beauchemin, and it was when he moved to LD that his defensive numbers picked up...he talked about it in an interview years ago, how he just is able to see and pass better from that side.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I don't think I've ever seen Fowler even try playing right side and Lindholm looked abysmal when they made him switch the other night. The fact remains that it would be a ton of assets. For one year of McD because we can't afford his next contract, and they still wont sit Bieksa because McD would be in for Beauchamin.

And that right there is the big problem. If we had only 1 of Bieksa or Beauch we could limit the damage with a solid partner and limited minutes. With both we're just screwed since 1 will likely be in at all times and since they play opposite sides, we can't pick up just 1 solid guy who can babysit them.
@Paul4587 said Mcdonagh has some expierence on his off side... so we could just go
fowler mcdonagh
lindholm manson
____ Montour

Honest I don't think the 3rd pairing would matter much, mcdonagh plays a ton of mins, and fowler has shown he can play 25+ mins a night if need be too.. you let them play 25+ mins, and then throw lindholm and manson out for another 21-23 mins a night and you have about 13-15 mins to shelter our 3rd pairing.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
So BM should give up our best prospects/a #1 pick to acquire a stud Dman that we are going to play on his offside? Makes no sense to me. Of course he's better than Bieksa/Beauch but if I'm sacrificing those kind of assets I want my new guy comfortable and happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad