Speculation: 2017-2018 Trade Rumors Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
I don't think I've heard anything other than "ask is very high" and that teams that asked have since gone looking elsewhere. Seems to be unreasonably high if that's the case.

I should look the original tweet/segment up, but I do remember it being from one of our more esteemed insiders so I felt it was credible.

EDIT: Yeah, it was Friedman writing in his most recent 31 thoughts thus:

"The newly-revealed severity of Chris Tanev’s injury complicates things at the deadline, but word is there were a few teams asking Vancouver what it would take (Toronto would be one).

The answer: it would take quite a bit."

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Yotes even retained? That's a steal.

That ones a bit weird considering I don't think they had to do that to make it work. Something like under $100k against the cap was all that was saved. Maybe they think it might make the difference on making the floor by years end?

All in all kind of a weird deal. Rieder's a bit underrated but I don't know if that's really what they need. Makes sense if more is coming, I suppose. And then again, they didn't pay much of a price. Definitely weirder for AZ.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
At first glance, that looks like a win for the Kings.

But Reider is being blasted as nothing more than a replacement level player by almost every Yotes fan on the trade board right now. And Kuemper was having a good year

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I'm not defending anybody making contact with Gibson, but the guy keeps getting hurt on the most innocuous of circumstances. This last one was a doozy. Well after very minor skate contact he drops on both pads equally. Then goes to all fours. What the hell even happened? He sure never got hit and it's hard to say he was tripped when he was upright for so long before dropping to his knees.
Watching the play I'd say the opposing players skate pushed the heel of Gibbys skate out wide while he likely had his weight on his toes. Makes me think he twisted his knee .

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Back to us, seems we're looking more at defense more than another winger (I hope it's both) but man there's not a lot out there. If hes avoiding rentals, theres Tanev maybe, McDonagh maybe, maybe one of the Coyotes guys (although I'm not sure about Hjalmarsson until they decide on OEL), the big one in Karlsson but not a lot of viable options. Be interesting to see how bold Murray wants to be.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Tanev would be a much better pickup than Edler. 3 years younger, better defensively, right handed

Also made of glass. I don't think there's been a single season where he hasn't missed like 1/3 or the season or close to it due to injury... he's literally Lupul 2.0. Combine that with the fact that the ask for him is reportedly absurdly high and he's out of commission for weeks with a broken leg I think that's a pass. I for one would be super pissed if BM trades a prospect of Larsson's quality for a guy that's broken before we even get him.

Realistically, where are we going to put another RHD this year anyways? None of our current RHD play their off side, and we all know that RC is not going to sit Bieksa for any length of time. IMO all we need is a rock solid 3rd pairing guy to put with KB to stabilize that pairing since they're determined to play him.

Reactions: lwvs84

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Gibson keeps getting hurt because other teams run him over practically every game, I'm getting sick of it, I'd like to see more retaliation because it's just constant I don't care if it's accidental or not, make use of Boll a few times and tell him he has one job, and that's to run the other team's goalie if Gibson is hit at all, then and only then when team's see the ducks are sick of this ****, will it maybe calm down

in fairness, our own d seem to stupidly knock guys into our goalies an awful lot!

OCSportsfan

Sep 30, 2011
If we can find a way to get McDonagh, without giving up Montour I would be pleased. (Would lover Karlsson but not sure BM would give up that many assets) Not sure what NYR would take, maybe Larson-Jones

Fowler-Montour
Lindholm-Manson
McDonagh-Bieksa

Mix and match the pairings

I also think Grabner is who BM will get if he wants a top 9 winger

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Back to us, seems we're looking more at defense more than another winger (I hope it's both) but man there's not a lot out there. If hes avoiding rentals, theres Tanev maybe, McDonagh maybe, maybe one of the Coyotes guys (although I'm not sure about Hjalmarsson until they decide on OEL), the big one in Karlsson but not a lot of viable options. Be interesting to see how bold Murray wants to be.

What makes you think that? That makes me happy, but did one of the media guys report it? Only guy I've seen us linked to is Vanek (no thanks)

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
If we can find a way to get McDonagh, without giving up Montour I would be pleased. Not sure what they would take, maybe Larson-Jones

Fowler-Montour
Lindholm-Manson
McDonagh-Bieksa

Mix and match the pairings

I also think Grabner is who BM will get if he wants a top 9 winger

If we got McDonagh, he isn't going to be on 3rd pair. Would instantly become the biggest minute guy.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
What makes you think that? That makes me happy, but did one of the media guys report it? Only guy I've seen us linked to is Vanek (no thanks)

Stephens has had a couple comments about needing a D (and said as much when Phaneuf went to the Kings), but it's mostly my own speculation. They're going with the same top-9 lines every game and really not trying anything new, but they brought up a raw rookie for perhaps the most important stretch of the season and are mixing everything up. I take that as they're not satisfied on defense and that's the way they'd want to look in terms of an addition. Although, these last few games we're not even averaging 2.5 goals a game so maybe they should also look for some scoring help.

Reactions: Duck Off

OCSportsfan

Sep 30, 2011
I think if you improve the outlet passes and possession of the D you will see an increase in offense. I thought they looked really good tonight in the offensive zone.

Not sure who would sit out if they traded for a winger BTW. Maybe a depth guy, but BM already traded for Henrique and JT this year.

Here are the players that would get moved down with a trade. In this order, but none of their roles are scorers for the most part.
Ritchie
Silf (Probably going back if player is really good)
Cogs

I think we will see a depth offense move and top 4 D trade.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I think if you improve the outlet passes and possession of the D you will see an increase in offense. I thought they looked really good tonight in the offensive zone.

Not sure who would sit out if they traded for a winger BTW. Maybe a depth guy, but BM already traded for Henrique and JT this year.

Here are the players that would get moved down with a trade. In this order, but none of their roles are scorers for the most part.
Ritchie
Silf (Probably going back if player is really good)
Cogs

I think we will see a depth offense move and top 4 D trade.

Yeah thats just it too. We haven't been scoring, but who gets bumped? The top line probably won't change. Raks is struggling a bit and Perry is Perry, but they have proven chemistry and Getzlaf is still one of the best in the league, I'm sure RC figures they'll get it going. The Kesler line is also struggling offensively but they've played together for years now and seems unlikely they'll be broken up, plus they seem to be doing their primary job well enough and Kes should get it going as he gets more games in. And the third line is playing the best together.

Maybe if they got a guy like Pacioretty they'd put him with Kesler and get that line going offensively, but other than that Ritchie seems to be the prime candidate. Not sure how thatd work but with a decision probably being needed on Roy next year (if not this summer), you have some room to take risks.

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
I’d like to roll with the D we started yesterday.

I’m ok with

Lindholm Manson
Fowler Montour
Beauch Pettersson

I wouldn’t mind seeing a LW come in, but it’d move Cogs to the 4th line.

Rakell Getz Perry
X Kesbae Silf
Ritchie Henrique Kase
Cogs Grant Wagner/Brown

If we go after Patches I think it’s probably the deepest we’ve been in forever. Murray would be ALL in. We need to have a Montreal on the phone and offer Larsson+ for one of Gally or Pax

Last edited:
Reactions: DuckRogers10

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
I'd expect another Sam Carrick/Spencer Abbott type trade up front, its the defense where I'm interested in seeing what Bob does.

Reactions: Getz2perry

Carelton CA

Dec 16, 2011
I would like a #5 or #6 physical D man. I really think Grabner would be a great get from the Rangers. Slide him into Ritchie's spot, move Ritchie to 4 LW and Wagner to 4 RW and let them bang bodies with Grant in the middle.

Reactions: DuckRogers10

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
I would like a #5 or #6 physical D man. I really think Grabner would be a great get from the Rangers. Slide him into Ritchie's spot, move Ritchie to 4 LW and Wagner to 4 RW and let them bang bodies with Grant in the middle.
i really wouldn't want ot break up the ritchie/henrique/kase line,

what ritchie provides for that line is to bang some bodies and create space, grabner plays a speed game which i dont think really benefits henrique/kase much

i think i'd be more interested in grabner since he could fill cogs spot on kesler's LW. he seems to be a solid defensive player, and his speed could also replace cogs on that wing but he'd have more finish which we desperately need.

that would bump cogs down but i'd have no problem with that

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad