Speculation: 2017-2018 Trade Rumors Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Ah. Never trust the main board. Just now I looked up empty net goal leaders and saw a reddit post saying Grabner was tied for the lead at some point last year, it’s his thing haha.

On this team, that's a valuable skillset. Rico can't be out there every time! :laugh:

(edit: what Johnny said ^^^)

Reactions: Teemu Salami
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
So BM should give up our best prospects/a #1 pick to acquire a stud Dman that we are going to play on his offside? Makes no sense to me. Of course he's better than Bieksa/Beauch but if I'm sacrificing those kind of assets I want my new guy comfortable and happy.

Meh thats gotten a touch overrated in recent years. It's always a question but considering he did it for the Olympics I'm sure it's not much of a problem. Certainly nowhere near worth abandoning a shot at a defenseman you normally would never have a shot at. Those kinds of situations you find a way to make it work.

Reactions: Getz2perry

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
They're just taking after their GM. On today's Bobcast one (Dreger?) of the insiders commented that Lou is know for starting every negotiation by offering very low. The chuckles of the other guys tells you pretty much how well Dreger sugarcoated it.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Meh thats gotten a touch overrated in recent years. It's always a question but considering he did it for the Olympics I'm sure it's not much of a problem. Certainly nowhere near worth abandoning a shot at a defenseman you normally would never have a shot at. Those kinds of situations you find a way to make it work.

Yeah Pronger and Niedermayer both played their off sides here. As did Visnovsky. Some guys can play their off sides as well as their natural sides.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Yeah Pronger and Niedermayer both played their off sides here. As did Visnovsky. Some guys can play their off sides as well as their natural sides.

Yeah it was extremely common leaguewide until maybe 6 or 7 years ago. It's obviously good that teams actually care about this instead of throwing out 5 or 6 lefty defensemen like they used to, but when if someone's talking about passing on acquiring a premier defenseman, which is about a rare of opportunity as it gets(and one who has played his off side before) thats when one is going too far.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Trade board is basically: leafs fans wanting to get rid of their trash for your best player. Such a fun fan base
But you see their “trash” is still better than every other teams players/prospects. That Bracco guy, 40g player, Liligren, future Norris winner. Don’t even get me started on Leivo.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Nash is old and past his prime. We have enough of that with Perry and Kesler

Not seeing the appeal

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Grabner traded to the Devils, price was 2018 2nd + prospect defenseman Yegor Rykov. That's a good deal for the Rongos, interesting that NJ ended up buying.

Fun fact: this was the first time in NHL history that NYR and NJD traded with each other.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Eaves isn't playing until september at the earliest

You guys are dreaming

The guy went through a life threatening disease not long ago

Yes, he's skating, but that doesn't mean he's anywhere near ready to play the game at the speed and physicality of the NHL
I haven't heard anything of a timeline. Is there some info out there I am missing? I am going to have to check with my source.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I would move Cogs before I move Ritchie to the 4th line. Say we get Grabner, he would do much better, offensively, on the Kes line. We would actually have someone who can score on a breakaway. Plus Ritchie is doing well with Rico/Kase.
Cogs would be great on the 4th. It is always nice to have a 4th liner that is awesome on the pk.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I haven't heard anything of a timeline. Is there some info out there I am missing? I am going to have to check with my source.

Just guys connecting dots. He's just started to skate now and isn't even cleared to practice, so while he's made some awesome progress, still seems like he's a ways away. Cleared to practice, cleared for contact and getting into playoff shape are the next steps and that's asking a lot in only a couple months.

Reactions: AngelDuck

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Yeah, that 1st round pick is no higher than 25th overall probably. I would have thought they could have either got a better pick or a better prospect thrown in there

Ottawa is a terribly mismanaged team
Seriously, easily the worst ownership in the league. I can’t wait to see how they screw up trading Karlsson. Maybe we can get him for a 1st+Terry+Bieksa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad