Speculation: 2017-2018 Trade Rumors Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
i really wouldn't want ot break up the ritchie/henrique/kase line,

what ritchie provides for that line is to bang some bodies and create space, grabner plays a speed game which i dont think really benefits henrique/kase much

i think i'd be more interested in grabner since he could fill cogs spot on kesler's LW. he seems to be a solid defensive player, and his speed could also replace cogs on that wing but he'd have more finish which we desperately need.

that would bump cogs down but i'd have no problem with that
Does Ritchie really help that line much ? Other teams have been keying in on Kase and that line has trouble producing when they do that. Kase drives that bus. I don't think Ritchie really does much.

darkwingduck

Nov 7, 2014
Mission Viejo, CA
Don't think BM will spend as much as other teams, think he's hesitant on this team's chances. Any one else like the idea of getting Leivo from TMapleLeafs? Chance that his development got blocked by the other players (esp. high profile rookies), and a new opportunity might do wonders.

Low risk/High reward type buy, imo.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Does Ritchie really help that line much ? Other teams have been keying in on Kase and that line has trouble producing when they do that. Kase drives that bus. I don't think Ritchie really does much.
I agree here. Ritchie has played better but he is just a passenger on that line and they are benefiting from playing against weaker lines.

the d has looked better but I still think a rd would do wonders for our team as a whole.

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007

I think you're really undervaluing what Ritchie brings to that line in the way of passing, puck retrieval and grit. He's also been pretty good defensively. These comments apply to the last month or so. I would also point out that Kase/Ritchie have a history of playing well together - even when Vermette was centering them last year.

Reactions: KEEROLE Vatanen

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Ritchie has been better the last couple weeks and scored a shootout goal. But lets not act like he is not replaceable on that line, if you put Bieksa with Kase/Henrique the line would still produce. He does a good job of fitting in on any line similar to Penner/Maroon did. If we could get someone like Vanek, Domi, Bennet, Nash or Kane etc. then it's a no brainer to move Ritchie down to 4th. Ritchie Grant Wagner would be an awesome 4th line with giving us the option to move Ritchie to Kase or Getzlaf line at any time.

Reactions: DuckRogers10

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I think you're really undervaluing what Ritchie brings to that line in the way of passing, puck retrieval and grit. He's also been pretty good defensively. These comments apply to the last month or so. I would also point out that Kase/Ritchie have a history of playing well together - even when Vermette was centering them last year.
I actually don't think he is all that good at puck retrieval. Or holding the puck for that matter. I think he is used on defensive situation because of his physicality but I dont think he uses it very to create offense. I dont know how many times this year I've watched an outlet dies on his stick on the wall because an opposing defensemen pinches on him. Hes admittedly played better as late but I think his contributions are over blown. Everyone has shown chemistry with Kase. IMO it is because he plays that puck hound role like Cogs or Eaves but also has hands to score some goals and make plays. I honestly think Vanek or Perry would probably be just as effective as Ritchie for that line.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
He is moving his feet a lot better. Still think if he went down to SD earlier in the year and played top line minutes and PP it would have boosted his confidence with the puck.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
He is moving his feet a lot better. Still think if he went down to SD earlier in the year and played top line minutes and PP it would have boosted his confidence with the puck.
Agreed I do think he could have used a little more development time with the Gulls, but he has been good as of late. Him and cogliano are the only 2 places we could realistically upgrade.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Agreed I do think he could have used a little more development time with the Gulls, but he has been good as of late. Him and cogliano are the only 2 places we could realistically upgrade.

Yup, imagine if Eaves got healthy too, we'd be stacked at F.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Eaves isn't playing until september at the earliest

You guys are dreaming

The guy went through a life threatening disease not long ago

Yes, he's skating, but that doesn't mean he's anywhere near ready to play the game at the speed and physicality of the NHL

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Rakell Getzlaf Eaves
Kase Rico Perry
Cogs Kes Silf
Ritchie Grant Wagner

Eaves won't be back though :(

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Eaves isn't playing until september at the earliest

You guys are dreaming

The guy went through a life threatening disease not long ago

Yes, he's skating, but that doesn't mean he's anywhere near ready to play the game at the speed and physicality of the NHL
This, and then some. If he somehow makes it to camp next year it will be at the age of 34, having missed a whole season and trying to play with an auto immune disease that cannot be cured and can be life threatening. We're not talking about a beer leaguer getting back out with the boys on Tuesday night.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
And the inevitable injuries if we make playoffs. It would be nice to have insurance if we lose one or two wingers.

We have either Grant/Vermette scratched plus Roy/Kossila/Kerdiles if needed, we just need an upgrade more than depth imo.

PCDiesel

Jun 17, 2011
Boston, MA
Wonder if we’re in on Grabner... seems to be a hot topic right now

Because I haven't seen any teams linked to him since he was pulled, and how tight lipped Anaheim is about trades it could be possible, but I can't see it happening b/c bargain bob will continue to be cheap.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
I think Murray will make a move but it will be something small....and by small I mean not even a Grabner-level player.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Oh, I'm not disagreeing, I'm saying that if we do upgrade on Ritchie and move him to the 4th line, that means we have another capable top 9 guy in case someone gets hurt.
I would move Cogs before I move Ritchie to the 4th line. Say we get Grabner, he would do much better, offensively, on the Kes line. We would actually have someone who can score on a breakaway. Plus Ritchie is doing well with Rico/Kase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad