Speculation: 2017-2018 Trade Rumors Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokeyDuck

Jul 27, 2010
Anaheim, CA
We need another Despres like trade, not a Wizniewski like trade. A young potential top 4 that just doesnt fit on another team, and won't break the bank.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
We need another Despres like trade, not a Wizniewski like trade. A young potential top 4 that just doesnt fit on another team, and won't break the bank.

Like who tho? Ceci? Not sure who else is realistically available, that fits.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
There have been some interesting rumors lately. We all know about Karlsson/Tavares, but they're way out of the realm of possibility for us.

- Friedman is saying that Ottawa is taking offers on players. Stone is reportedly out of the discussion, but he named Pageau, Hoffman, Ceci and Smith as possible trade targets. They'd apparently be looking for picks/prospects/young NHL talent in return.

- Pittsburgh's media is saying Ian Cole could be on the trade block. Friedman also believes that Cole's agent has been given permission to talk to other teams. 2-time Cup winner, LHD, still "only" 28, cap hit of $2.1 million (2018 UFA).

- Then there's Buffalo, who could already be open for business, except for anything related to Eichel. Their fans have tried to trade Kane to us for years, but I'd be more interested in Reinhart or Jake McCabe. ROR would be extremely interesting, but I fear there's just no way to make that trade work, financially or otherwise.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
I don't think it'd cost anything outrageous to get Cole. Pittsburgh reportedly has a desire to get rid of him, most likely to finance whatever roster moves they want to make via trade to "shake up" their underperforming team.

There's been talk of the Pens possibly having interest in Evander Kane, but they simply don't have the cap space to make anything like that happen...

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
It's true that PIT would like to move Cole. But I think there would be enough intrest to make the price more than we should be looking to spend. But the reality is that we need to see where the team is closer to the deadline before deciding how seriously we should pursue anybody.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
There have been some interesting rumors lately. We all know about Karlsson/Tavares, but they're way out of the realm of possibility for us.

- Friedman is saying that Ottawa is taking offers on players. Stone is reportedly out of the discussion, but he named Pageau, Hoffman, Ceci and Smith as possible trade targets. They'd apparently be looking for picks/prospects/young NHL talent in return.

- Pittsburgh's media is saying Ian Cole could be on the trade block. Friedman also believes that Cole's agent has been given permission to talk to other teams. 2-time Cup winner, LHD, still "only" 28, cap hit of $2.1 million (2018 UFA).

If Hoffman got traded to LA, they'd start calling him "Dustin Hoffman" cause their close to Hollywood lol.
They should go for Ceci, Ottawa has a bad luck record on making trades so the odds are the Ducks will be winners. Their bad luck goes beyond trades, Ottawa once tanked so obviously to get the #1 pick in 1993 that led to the Draft Lottery being implemented, their #1 pick was Daigle 1 pick above Pronger,
Daigle once said "I'm glad I got drafted first, because no one remembers number two".....flash forward to 2007 when #2 Pronger is holding up the Cup while with the Ducks after defeating Ottawa in 5 games while Daigle's career is already over & Pronger goes into the hall of fame in 2015.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
If Hoffman got traded to LA, they'd start calling him "Dustin Hoffman" cause their close to Hollywood lol.
They should go for Ceci, Ottawa has a bad luck record on making trades so the odds are the Ducks will be winners. Their bad luck goes beyond trades, Ottawa once tanked so obviously to get the #1 pick in 1993 that led to the Draft Lottery being implemented, their #1 pick was Daigle 1 pick above Pronger,
Daigle once said "I'm glad I got drafted first, because no one remembers number two".....flash forward to 2007 when #2 Pronger is holding up the Cup while with the Ducks after defeating Ottawa in 5 games while Daigle's career is already over & Pronger goes into the hall of fame in 2015.
Ceci could be a good fit with our d unit.... I wouldn't mind that move tbh.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Depending upon when Seattle enters the league (19-20? 20-21?) the Ducks are already likely to have a problem protecting D. They shouldn’t be looking for long term top 4 D in trades.
I don't even want to think about another expansion draft where teams that have been built the best way possible get screwed because we have too many good players to protect.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I don't even want to think about another expansion draft where teams that have been built the best way possible get screwed because we have too many good players to protect.
Well Seattle is going to pay something like $650M. Don't think the rules will be any better for the established teams than the Vegas ED. And it really is only matter of time now, after the recent arena announcement.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Well Seattle is going to pay something like $650M. Don't think the rules will be any better for the established teams than the Vegas ED. And it really is only matter of time now, after the recent arena announcement.
Next expansion draft needs to allow for at least 1 more extra protection spot.
Vegas had the most favorable expansion draft day in history & their likely making the playoffs in year 1.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I’m not sure the NHL can get away with that, so soon after Vegas just had their expansion draft. Seattle would be dumping even more money in, and getting less from the draft.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I believe it has been acknowledged that some teams were not thrilled with the size of the protected lists for Vegas. No reports on if they were also unhappy with their $16M check. But on the heels of what Vegas got for $500M I don't see any way they can tell Seattle that they will have to pay more and get less. I just can't see it.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Why can't they make Seattle pay less than 500 million, do all the teams who agreed to another expansion team really want to be screwed over again ? None of them objected to it as if they want to be screwed again.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Why can't they make Seattle pay less than 500 million, do all the teams who agreed to another expansion team really want to be screwed over again ? None of them objected to it as if they want to be screwed again.

It’s a little more multi-faceted than that.

The NHL has seen what happens to franchises that start off in crappy situations. They absolutely do not want to see another expansion team spend a decade struggling to build a team, and watching the fans, initially excited about a new team, grow frustrated and disinterested.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
It’s a little more multi-faceted than that.

The NHL has seen what happens to franchises that start off in crappy situations. They absolutely do not want to see another expansion team spend a decade struggling to build a team, and watching the fans, initially excited about a new team, grow frustrated and disinterested.
I wish they could find a middle ground on it: Seattle pays 400million, give them an extra 1st round pick so they have 2 & they still get a selection of good players but allow teams to do 9 skaters of any kind + 1 goalie or 3 D-men + 7 forwards + 1 goalie & they'd still get some good players. The only change is the skaters of any kind option becomes 9 instead of 8 & that still leaves alot of players unprotected. Seattle could also be offered that their 1st pick in the draft be guarented 2nd overall & their other 1st being a late one so they'll have two 1st rounders to start with before they do trades, that extra pick would added at the end of the 1st round, add in the picks they'd get in trades & they'll likely have more 1st rounders than Vegas had.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
The league is not going to reduce the price of an expansion team below the price of the one just sold.

It’s all about growing the league and ultimately making all franchises more valuable. The league is a business first and foremost.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Ugh i forgot about another expansion :( that would kill us most likely.

According to last seasons rules wed have to protect lindholm fowler manson and by then montour.

Forwards. Kesler getz perry rakell silfverberg ritchie and kase would all have to be protected too :/

Guess we could go 6 3 1 and pay to protect our other dmen, and left over forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad