2017-2018 Standings Tracker

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
Rough night for the tank:

Edmonton let in a goal in the last min or would of went to OT.

Florida outshot the leafs and lost 1-0

Montreal had the lead late and lost in OT

Vancouver leading by 1 in second period

Hate these teams now just as much as rival teams when the Wings are contending for the division

Just send the Oilers to Seattle or wherever, **** that organization

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Surely the league will step in when the rangers lose 15 in a row and give up 5 goals a game right?

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
Montreal says Price is out indefinitely. The tank race is shaping up to be just as intense as the playoff race

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
Atleast Chicago finally got a win, but I just can't understand how Rangers can be tanking this hard, I mean their Roster is so much better than ours.

Hopefully we nose dive after the Deadline.

Last edited:

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Atleast Chicago finally got a win, but I just can't understand how Rangers can be tanking this hard, I mean their Roster is so much better than ours.

Hopefully we nose dive after the Deadline.
There's selling at the deadline, and then there's openly advertising a fire sale. Right now, New York has made it public that nobody is immune to getting traded, and that they're tearing it all down. If there had likely already been some frustration over a mediocre season, and now this, I could see things affecting the players.

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
I just simmed the lottery about 30 times... we drafted mostly 9th, best i ever got was 2nd.

So lets assume we have 9th pick again...

Who we like there?

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
The tank is off track the last while. No other teams seem to be winning. 3/10 points so far tonight. Edmonton still playing though. Could end up 5/12.

Watched the game tonight and always like seeing Z put in goals. From what I’ve read the rangers are mailing it in. That’s probably another 2 points tomorrow.

I think we’re seeing it’s hard for a group with pride to finish at the bottom.

taylorjonl

Jul 3, 2015
Sandy, Utah
The tank is off track the last while. No other teams seem to be winning. 3/10 points so far tonight. Edmonton still playing though. Could end up 5/12.

Watched the game tonight and always like seeing Z put in goals. From what I’ve read the rangers are mailing it in. That’s probably another 2 points tomorrow.

I think we’re seeing it’s hard for a group with pride to finish at the bottom.

I think this is why Holland and company has been so against tanking, it is hard to out-tank what appears to be half the league. It just so happens that the year we have a lot to sell it is a buyers market. Being last doesn't even guarantee a top 3 pick.

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
Well, once we trade Green the defense is going to be brutal. So I think we may dip.

But I’d say Oliver Wahlstrom, Evan Bouchard, Noah Dobson, Ty Smith.

but green hasn't already played the last few games, i think we might overrate his real impact on this team. The team is more boring without green, but still somewhat competitive. Half the NHL sucks right now, so much that it's annoying :laugh:

i hope luck is on detroits side this years lottery and we somehow make it into the top5

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
but green hasn't already played the last few games, i think we might overrate his real impact on this team. The team is more boring without green, but still somewhat competitive. Half the NHL sucks right now, so much that it's annoying :laugh:

i hope luck is on detroits side this years lottery and we somehow make it into the top5

Yeah, maybe. Kinda shooting ourselves in the foot here. Probably should take luck a little more out of the equation.

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
Drop past 4? I don’t think I’ve seen a single place rank him top 5.

He's right there, and still racking up points despite the Knights sell off. The season he's having as a draft eligible D in the OHL is ridiculously impressive. Ellis is the only other D I can think of that put up these kind of numbers in his draft year and he was playing on a stacked memorial cup winning team. Could obviously be wrong, but to me he looks like he'll be an easy choice at 4 by the end of the year.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
He's right there, and still racking up points despite the Knights sell off. The season he's having as a draft eligible D in the OHL is ridiculously impressive. Ellis is the only other D I can think of that put up these kind of numbers in his draft year and he was playing on a stacked memorial cup winning team. Could obviously be wrong, but to me he looks like he'll be an easy choice at 4 by the end of the year.

Maybe, but the wingers that have been ahead of them are all holding their spots well. May come down to what teams end up in the top 5 as far as how that plays out. Not sure if he has passed Boqvist and Dobson, I suppose it’s possible.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
The guys on hockey prospect radio crapped on Boqvist today, saying while he has all the tools, and plays well, he doesn't use those tools to take over games, which is what they expect to see out of a top 5 pick.

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
If anyone wants to update or start up another tracker. Have at ‘er. My interest in the tracker and this board is... gone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad