2017-2018 Standings Tracker

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
I'm sorry to hear that. I enjoyed reading your updates.

Hey thanks Wes. Yeah. A thread that tried to put some sort of positive spin on this ugly season seemed like a good idea. But I find myself reading too much of the other threads. The general conversation just bums me. Negative agendas and such. It’s a hard enough season to be engaged. But to each their own. We all cheer different.

All good though. I’m sure someone can plug in some updates.

Reactions: Oddbob

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

This projection would have us finish as the 8th worst team in the league.

That would give us an 18% chance at a top 3 pick, a 71% chance at getting pick #8 or #9, and a 10% chance at pick #10. Keep in mind, we would have a 0% chance at any picks inbetween #3 and #8.

Reactions: Fire Ken Holland

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I feel MUCH better that we added more picks today. Now even if the team overachieves a little, we can (hopefully) package some picks together and move up to the range we need to be in.

Would be great to get a high pick and keep all the others, but at least now we have options and more ammo to work with.

Reactions: jkutswings

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
Good job by the rangers today, winning against vancouver. We are now tied, but they have one more game. I guess we won't drop deeper in the standings, since we already have a 4 point cushion on the f***ing oilers

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
With our upcoming March schedule, I expect us to continue to drop. I think Arizona, Buffalo, Ottawa and Vancouver are too far behind, but I could realistically see us finishing in 5th last. Let's hope Montreal, Edmonton, Chicago and the Rangers continue to win some games.

This March schedule is brutal...

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
With our upcoming March schedule, I expect us to continue to drop. I think Arizona, Buffalo, Ottawa and Vancouver are too far behind, but I could realistically see us finishing in 5th last. Let's hope Montreal, Edmonton, Chicago and the Rangers continue to win some games.

This March schedule is brutal...

It is brutal but you hit the on the problem with trying to move back - we're having to hope some of these other teams win a bit more. Maybe we go 0-10 and any win these other teams get will move them past us, but I think it's more likely that all of us go something like 3-7. The only team near us that I feel comfortable moving away from us in the standings is Florida.

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
It is brutal but you hit the on the problem with trying to move back - we're having to hope some of these other teams win a bit more. Maybe we go 0-10 and any win these other teams get will move them past us, but I think it's more likely that all of us go something like 3-7. The only team near us that I feel comfortable moving away from us in the standings is Florida.

florida will compete for a playoff spot. Of course, the march schedule is tough, but this team is better than we acknowledge. I don't think the rangers, canadiens and oilers finish infront of us in the standings

crashnburnluder

Dec 19, 2010
The real hope is to get to 5th or 6th from the bottom. We have a better chance at falling back in the draft then moving up, at 8 we could easily drop to 10.

Sadly we need to sideline Howard and Z. Somehow.

crashnburnluder

Dec 19, 2010
We aren't a playoff team... When your just as many points out of playoffs as you are bottom 10 you don't belong in

crashnburnluder

Dec 19, 2010
I still think we need Howard to "go down" for a couple weeks... Give coreau a good look but help the fall. If green wasnt hurt we would be looking at 3 1sts and an easier tank

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Today:

Hawks at Kings
Canadiens at Bruins
Senators at Coyotes
Rangers at Oilers

I hope those last two games go to OT.

Reactions: StargateSG1

Orthodox Caveman

Sep 12, 2006
Anyone have an algorithm for extrapolating what the final standings are likely to be from the remaining schedule? Is our March more difficult than the teams around us or are we simply not as bad as the teams around us for it to even matter... I'm too lazy to go through the games and try to predict hahaha

I just don't want us to pick 10th if we don't pick 1st...

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Anyone have an algorithm for extrapolating what the final standings are likely to be from the remaining schedule? Is our March more difficult than the teams around us or are we simply not as bad as the teams around us for it to even matter... I'm too lazy to go through the games and try to predict hahaha

I just don't want us to pick 10th if we don't pick 1st...

Scroll up 17 posts

Orthodox Caveman

Sep 12, 2006
Scroll up 17 posts

Hahaha thanks! But! I need a complex algorithm!

I just did pick em' of the remaining games and I have EDM finishing at 72 pts and MTL and DET finishing at 74 pts.... and that's after looking at it again and giving EDM and MTL an extra 2 wins and DET a loss...

It's going to be close but I don't see us doing worse than them.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Montreal just can't catch a break. Up 1-0 until Boston tied it with under 3 minutes in regulation. Then the Bruins won shortly into OT, despite the Habs' goalie stopping almost 50 shots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad