2017-2018 Standings Tracker

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Anyone have an algorithm for extrapolating what the final standings are likely to be from the remaining schedule? Is our March more difficult than the teams around us or are we simply not as bad as the teams around us for it to even matter... I'm too lazy to go through the games and try to predict hahaha

I just don't want us to pick 10th if we don't pick 1st...
I like this one but not sure if it’s what you're looking for:
National Hockey League Lottery - Sports Club Stats
It gives you the estimated final seed and odds of ending up on each individual seed. We're at 24.6.

The site says: ”The weighted method takes the opponents record and home field advantage into account when randomly picking scores, so the better team is more likely to win.” There's also a 50/50 method which gives both teams equal chances of winning a game.

Reactions: Orthodox Caveman

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
AZ 7-2-1 in their last 10. Rangers 3 straight wins. At least 2 of the bottom teams are showing some life. Hoping for Montreal or Edmonton to put together a winning streak, both have the capacity to do it.

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
AZ 7-2-1 in their last 10. Rangers 3 straight wins. At least 2 of the bottom teams are showing some life. Hoping for Montreal or Edmonton to put together a winning streak, both have the capacity to do it.

and chicago came back from a 3-1 deficit to beat the ings 5-3. i was pleasantly surprised when i checked the results this morning

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Monday:

Toronto at Buffalo
Ottawa at Dallas
Arizona at Edmonton
New York Islanders at Vancouver

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
In TSN's latest power rankings, their comment on Detroit revealed just how steady (in a bad way) this season has been:

The 7-Eleven Power Rankings: Predators on the hunt for Stanley

"The Red Wings have been mediocre all season long - Oct.: 6-6-1; Nov.: 4-5-4; Dec.: 5-5-2, Jan.: 5-5-1; Feb.: 6-6-1; March: 0-2-0. Anthony Mantha has 21 goals, but just one (and only point) in his last five."

That's kind of incredible, being that close to .500 all year long.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Anthony Mantha has 21 goals, but just one (and only point) in his last five."

Looks like both Mantha and Larkin aren't very interested about highers earnings with their next contracts. Won't hurt with the cap management.

Their next caphits are dropping bit-by-bit game-after-game, if they won't score.

razor ray

May 8, 2011
Nice night for the tank

Oilers win
Sens win
Sabres win
Yotes got a point
Canucks tied in 3rd

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Their garbage fire of a team was supposed to be better than ours this year, though.

Didn't they have preseason aspirations?

They traded their best prospect for an undersized winger to be their #1 center even though he never played center. They also made Carey Price the highest-paid goaltender in existence. For as much as we talk about Detroit being dumpster fire, Montreal is in way worse shape.

Reactions: Oddbob

RedWingzz

Everybody loves Raymond
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Good night last night for the tank! Should keep it going tonight with a loss to Boston. All of a sudden 4th last is in the realm of possibility.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Nice night for the tank

Oilers win
Sens win
Sabres win
Yotes got a point
Canucks tied in 3rd

Canucks win in OT. I'm pretty sure this was the ideal result tonight. Idk if we wanted Canucks or Islanders to win in OT, and whether we wanted yotes or oilers. Regardless they all got points and I'm happy.

Reactions: jkutswings

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
Tonight: BOS/DET, CHI/COL, WPG/NYR, MTL/NJD

23. NYI - 67 - 67 (26)
23. NYR - 66 - 66 (27)
24. CHI - 66 - 64 (27)
25. DET - 65 - 62 (22)
26. MTL - 65 - 61 (23)
27. EDM - 66 - 60 (25)
28. VAN - 66 - 59 (25)
29. OTT - 65- 56 (21)

razor ray

May 8, 2011
They traded their best prospect for an undersized winger to be their #1 center even though he never played center. They also made Carey Price the highest-paid goaltender in existence. For as much as we talk about Detroit being dumpster fire, Montreal is in way worse shape.

The Price extension has not even kicked in yet either! I love all the trade proposals of Montreal fans that post about Price....people his 8-year 84 Mill extension has not started!

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Bergy is a special kind of stupid.

RedWingzz

Everybody loves Raymond
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Canucks win in OT. I'm pretty sure this was the ideal result tonight. Idk if we wanted Canucks or Islanders to win in OT, and whether we wanted yotes or oilers. Regardless they all got points and I'm happy.

Arizona, Buffalo and Ottawa are too far back. Their games are basically meaningless, there is no way any of them pass us in the standings. In a perfect world, we finish 4th last, which should just about guarantee us a top 5 pick, unless the lotto has crazy results, like last season.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Arizona, Buffalo and Ottawa are too far back. Their games are basically meaningless, there is no way any of them pass us in the standings. In a perfect world, we finish 4th last, which should just about guarantee us a top 5 pick, unless the lotto has crazy results, like last season.
Ottawa isn't out of the question. I'm still hoping they have a little run towards the end of the season. I mean they're basically the same team that made the ECF a year ago.. they only need 6 more points and 2 more ROW than us in the last 17 games to pass us.

6-9-2, 14 points, 4 ROW
vs
7-4-6, 20 points, 6 ROW

Or something like that would do it.

RedWingzz

Everybody loves Raymond
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Ottawa isn't out of the question. I'm still hoping they have a little run towards the end of the season. I mean they're basically the same team that made the ECF a year ago.. they only need 6 more points and 2 more ROW than us in the last 17 games to pass us.

6-9-2, 14 points, 4 ROW
vs
7-4-6, 20 points, 6 ROW

Or something like that would do it.

I see what you're saying that it could happen, but I highly doubt it. I live in Ottawa, most of my friends are Sens fans, the team is a mess. There is absolutely nothing indicating that they are gonna go on a winning streak any time soon. They lost to Arizona on the weekend...

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I see what you're saying that it could happen, but I highly doubt it. I live in Ottawa, most of my friends are Sens fans, the team is a mess. There is absolutely nothing indicating that they are gonna go on a winning streak any time soon. They lost to Arizona on the weekend...
Each team has 17 games left, with Detroit up by 6 points, and one more ROW.

It would take something like the Wings going 5-11-1 down the stretch, and the Senators finishing 8-7-2.

Not something I'd count on, but still possible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->