2017-2018 Standings Tracker

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
I kept watching the scoreboard and it looked like Arizona was going to at least get something, they took a 2-0 lead into the third period and gave up four third period goals.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
4-1 final Vancouver over Dallas, So Detroit with 65 points and both Ottawa and Vancouver tied with 63 points apiece Ottawa has 2 games in hand over the Canucks. Here's hoping Detroit loses and Ottawa and Vancouver win and then Detroit slips to the #29 spot.

Reactions: Flowah

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
4-1 final Vancouver over Dallas, So Detroit with 65 points and both Ottawa and Vancouver tied with 63 points apiece Ottawa has 2 games in hand over the Canucks. Here's hoping Detroit loses and Ottawa and Vancouver win and then Detroit slips to the #29 spot.
I have faith.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
we're literally last place in the league for ROWs. The only reason we're in 26th and not 30th is because of our shootout record....

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
Van gets the win. Nice. Certainly puts them in the mix.

Draft slot - Points - Row - Games Remaining

6. MTL - 66 (25) - 6
5. DET - 65 (22) - 7
4. OTT - 63 (24) - 8

3. VAN -63 (26) - 6
2. ARI - 61 (23) - 7
1. BUF - 58 (22) - 7

Bolded teams play tomorrow. Ordered by importance (?)

Det
vs Mtl
Ott
vs Car
Ari vs TB
Buf vs Tor

8 tank points out there. Detroit could end up 4,5, or 6. I don't think Buffalo is catchable as they are 7 points back but the rest are.

Bonus Game - Col vs Vegas

What would you all guess to be Detroit's record for these last 7 games? 3-3-1??

Looking at that sports club playoff odds page it seems to have a shot at finishing 3rd last we'd need to only win 2 of the remaining 7. I just don't see that happening. But who knows.

Last edited:

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Wings have easier competition their last 7.

MTL - (twice)
Sens
Islanders
Sabres

---

And two playoff teams; Penguins, Blue Jackets.

Last edited:

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
we're literally last place in the league for ROWs. The only reason we're in 26th and not 30th is because of our shootout record....
It's annoying how now that they're not making the playoffs they suddenly are good in the shootout, when a few seasons back it seems like they couldn't win a shootout to save their lives.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
It's annoying how now that they're not making the playoffs they suddenly are good in the shootout, when a few seasons back it seems like they couldn't win a shootout to save their lives.
Same thing last season I think, pretty sure we were like 2nd worst in ROW...

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Imho we could still pick first with a little bit of help from Ottawa and Buffalo. I feel like Arizona will get more points from here on out over the other bottom teams. They’ve been playing ok hockey lately.

Either way I have a feeling we get a top three pick and with some more luck from the hockey gods help us roll for the first pick. The one thing going against us is that we have the easiest schedule.

I also feel like Ottawa is the worst team, so they’ll continue to lose.

Also if Chicago somehow wins the lottery I’ll hate hockey forever...

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Imho we could still pick first with a little bit of help from Ottawa and Buffalo. I feel like Arizona will get more points from here on out over the other bottom teams. They’ve been playing ok hockey lately.

Either way I have a feeling we get a top three pick and some luck from the hockey gods help us roll for the first pick. The one thing going against us is that we have the easiest schedule.

I also feel like Ottawa is the worst team, so they’ll continue to lose.
Yes we do have easiest schedule but if we find a way to lose those games it’s extra good for us because it’s giving points to our competitors which is huge. I believe Arizona passes us, just hoping Ottawa and Vancouver can as well.

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
Good night for the draft positioning. 6/8 points

Det vs Mtl - yup
Ott vs Car - nope
Ari vs TB - yup
Buf vs Tor - yup

Draft slot - Points - Row - Games Remaining

6. MTL - 68 (26) - 5
5. DET - 65 (22) - 6
4. OTT - 63 (24) - 7
3. VAN -63 (27) - 6

2. ARI - 63 (24) - 6
1. BUF - 60 (23) - 6

Bolded teams play tomorrow. Ordered by importance (?)

Det
vs Pit
Van
vs Ana
Ott vs NYI

4 tank points out there.

This is the worst / best outlook Detroit has had all season. 2 points away from the second worst in the league. They haven't won a game in regulation in the last 15 games. Unbelievable.

Detroit could end up 3, 4, or 5 after tomorrow.

Reactions: lidstromiscool

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007
Almost painful to think about all the times I was rooting for a win in a pointless Shootout earlier this season. And while I don't wanna root for a tank for the whole season, the worse we are this year, the better we will be in the future.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Almost painful to think about all the times I was rooting for a win in a pointless Shootout earlier this season. And while I don't wanna root for a tank for the whole season, the worse we are this year, the better we will be in the future.

I HATE rooting against the only sports team I love. But at this point I root for us to lose. I do genuinely believe we’re better than our record indicates because our fowards aren’t awful. But if we can somehow grab Dahlin... I mean that’ll make a core of Larkin, Mantha and Dahlin.

Would be an excellent start for a revival of our future. He’s imo the best 1OA since McDavid and Crosby in terms of actual raw superstardom. And I rarely care about drafts because you never know what player can surface in any round. But Dahlin would be the best defenseman in the NHL-since our #5

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad