2017-2018 News Around The NHL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
I wouldn't mind picking up Franson off waivers.

I don't know how it would work regarding sending any current players down, or waiving guys, etc. but he'd be a better option than McCoshen/Weegar.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Seabrook scratched. Big deal in Blackhawks land.
Mfw I'd forgot Seabrook was getting paid almost 7M per, never mind the 6 years he has left after this season.

DRSovrk.gif

Reactions: Chaos2k7

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008

He just isn't that good.

Always remember him becoming a stud in the EA NHL series franchise mode years back. Never quite blossomed and was sloooww. Had a good shot, no?

Mfw I'd forgot Seabrook was getting paid almost 7M per, never mind the 6 years he has left after this season.

DRSovrk.gif

Yea, that was a bad deal. Just goes to show you most GMs will give out bad deals given enough time on the job.
They better hope there is some mercy buyouts after the next lockout.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
So apparently we’re on Karlssons list of teams he’s willing to go to. Go figure.

Cmon Dale, redeem yourself.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
So apparently we’re on Karlssons list of teams he’s willing to go to. Go figure.

Cmon Dale, redeem yourself.

I don't think anything will come out of it. Dorion will basically have to admit that he wasn't up for the task and the Duche-trade will make him look like a clown. Nah, Dorion will sweep this season under the rug as an anomaly and he'll rearrange the deck chairs a bit for the 18-19' campaign.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Q will make or break Duclair.
More than likely break. Saad is pretty much the only young impact player to come through their system since their first cup (I wouldn't count Panarin since he was like 24 when he came over, besides I don't think coach Q cared for him either), DeBrincat is still a TBT. Maybe they'd have more if coach Q actually gave responsibility to their younger players.

My guess is that Duclair is on waivers before the TDL. I'm surprised that Yotes didn't just waive him, they must really like Panik, who is ehhh.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Saad is pretty much the only young impact player to come through their system since their first cup

Well, there's Teravainen and Shaw who aren't with the Hawks anymore but definitely graduated through their organization and in the current roster there's Nick Schmaltz who has 32pts in 39 games. Q breaks players who don't have the attention span for details and aren't talented enough. Duclair has talent but his demise will probably be his lack of commitment under Q's system.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Well, there's Teravainen and Shaw who aren't with the Hawks anymore but definitely graduated through their organization and in the current roster there's Nick Schmaltz who has 32pts in 39 games. Q breaks players who don't have the attention span for details and aren't talented enough. Duclair has talent but his demise will probably be his lack of commitment under Q's system.
Teravainen was only good for one playoff run though, disappointment otherwise compared to the hype. He is starting to find his place with the Canes, but he's another guy I think coach Q never cared for.

No offense to Shaw, but he's a grinder who had his numbers boosted by occasionally playing with Toews/Kane/Hossa because Hawks couldn't afford anyone else with the cap troubles. Every team needs depth guys like him, but he wasn't an impact guy.

jvr32

Oct 24, 2016
No offense to Shaw, but he's a grinder who had his numbers boosted by occasionally playing with Toews/Kane/Hossa because Hawks couldn't afford anyone else with the cap troubles. Every team needs depth guys like him, but he wasn't an impact guy.
I feel he's exactly like Bjugstad. Both can chip in with goals and points here and there when you least expect but you can't atl all trust them scoring. Third/Fourth line scrubs ideally. Never mind pay 3.9 million a year (or 4.1 in case of Bjugstad).

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
More than likely break. Saad is pretty much the only young impact player to come through their system since their first cup (I wouldn't count Panarin since he was like 24 when he came over, besides I don't think coach Q cared for him either), DeBrincat is still a TBT. Maybe they'd have more if coach Q actually gave responsibility to their younger players.

My guess is that Duclair is on waivers before the TDL. I'm surprised that Yotes didn't just waive him, they must really like Panik, who is ehhh.

Tough sell to fans to get nothing in return for a centerpiece of a larger deal. Arizona needs more scoring not less and the salary works out well for Chicago moving forward, plus Q knows Clendening. Makes sense for all parties.

Duclair has a world of talent.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I feel he's exactly like Bjugstad. Both can chip in with goals and points here and there when you least expect but you can't atl all trust them scoring. Third/Fourth line scrubs ideally. Never mind pay 3.9 million a year (or 4.1 in case of Bjugstad).
I would take Shaw for Bjugstad today.

Think it would balance the lines a bit, more sandpaper. Him and McGinn on the 3rd with McCann could be a truer 3rd line for us.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Teravainen was only good for one playoff run though, disappointment otherwise compared to the hype. He is starting to find his place with the Canes, but he's another guy I think coach Q never cared for.

Ofc it's up for each his/her own to define what impact means but those two have a combined three SC rings and they didn't earn them by sitting in the presser.

jvr32

Oct 24, 2016
I would take Shaw for Bjugstad today.

Think it would balance the lines a bit, more sandpaper. Him and McGinn on the 3rd with McCann could be a truer 3rd line for us.
I agree. McCann has to improve his faceoffs though. And Shaw's contracts sucks even more than Bjugstad's since it has one year more remaining.

jvr32

Oct 24, 2016
I believe that both Barkov and Troch have improved their FO%'s this year. Thus, I wouldn't worry about it at this point at all.
But we don't need to double shift Barkov and Trocheck in the #3C role when that line is in the defensive zone. We need them fresh in the offense and scoring.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
But we don't need to double shift Barkov and Trocheck in the #3C role when that line is in the defensive zone. We need them fresh in the offense and scoring.

Well, that's the way how Boughner wants to operate. If there's drought of goals then e.g. the first line has to stop being cute with the excessive passing and start to shoot more.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Ofc it's up for each his/her own to define what impact means but those two have a combined three SC rings and they didn't earn them by sitting in the presser.
Well yes, but I'm more of talking about long-term impact. Teravainen had one good playoff run and Shaw probably wouldn't have put up those numbers had he played purely bottom6 on some other team. Those two were replaceable (Teravainen looks bad in hindsight, but I doubt he would've reached this level under coach Q) and not core pieces, everyone around the team was furious when they had to sacrifice Saad due to the cap, who was a core piece to two of their cup wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad