EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
okm1h8Kg.jpg

Discuss.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Canes just sold to the Texas Rangers' owner for 500'million. They were previously the lowest valued team. Curious to see what the Panthers are valued at.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
^$500M for the Canes. I would bet if Viola could get an offer in that neighborhood he'd grab it. New owners would also have to keep the team where it is as league has no intention of letting a move go thru. :)

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Canes just sold to the Texas Rangers' owner for 500'million. They were previously the lowest valued team. Curious to see what the Panthers are valued at.
Chuck Greenberg is the former CEO that put together the investment group that bought the Rangers. He stepped down in 2011 when he sold his interest and Nolan Ryan took over as CEO.

It's doubtful that Greenberg has that kind of money to purchase the team himself. He is more adept at putting together large investment groups to buy franchises and then running the team himself as managing general partner. :)

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
^$500M for the Canes. I would bet if Viola could get an offer in that neighborhood he'd grab it. New owners would also have to keep the team where it is as league has no intention of letting a move go thru. :)

I'm sure. Buy team for 250m in 13, sell for 500m in four years.

Of course there were some years in the red, but he would make some nice coin.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
^They had no choice as the guy had crap contracts for years and now he's almost 25.

Is he worth that kind of $$$? He is if you want to keep him as UFA is just around the corner. He put up two great years with the Jackets and they thumbed their nose at him but had no problem signing Saad for $6M.:laugh: The guy then tanked for two straight yrs with injuries and a lack of confidence as Torts was scratching him. Last year was his 1st bounce back since being healthy.....then he's hurt again in the playoffs.

He certainly has the talent but you have to question his durability and the possibility that he can be a head case. Should have been signed for 8 yrs with the Jackets for $6M when he just turned 22 and then there is value. But alas it's no longer about what ifs so they had to do what they had to do. I think they are in for a roller coaster ride with this guy for the next 8 years but he certainly is a key piece to them ever winning a Cup. :)

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
That RyJo contract.......Wowzers.
Much like Panthers pre-Barkov, Preds have lacked a 1C pretty much their entire existence. Salaries are going up and 10M+ is going to be a norm for top players sooner than later.

Preds get Johansen from last year, that's market value.

Preds get Johansen the diva from his Columbus days, that's awful.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Much like Panthers pre-Barkov, Preds have lacked a 1C pretty much their entire existence. Salaries are going up and 10M+ is going to be a norm for top players sooner than later.

Preds get Johansen from last year, that's market value.

Preds get Johansen the diva from his Columbus days, that's awful.
Yeah, I don't see what else they could have done. They were not going to let him walk. And no need to wait to the last second. And yes, they had similar situation to us before they got Johansen before we got Barkov.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Yeah, I don't see what else they could have done. They were not going to let him walk. And no need to wait to the last second. And yes, they had similar situation to us before they got Johansen before we got Barkov.

Only thing similar was that they had no #1 center. Otherwise there's not similar in our situations :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad