2017-2018 Minnesota Wild General Discussion III

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Miss his speed, defense, OTT goal celly's, and his aggro against Swedes.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Pickard hit the waiver wire today, too bad the Wild have neither the money or the roster spot to put in a claim for him. His stats weren't good last year, but playing for Col played a role in that.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Pickard hit the waiver wire today, too bad the Wild have neither the money or the roster spot to put in a claim for him. His stats weren't good last year, but playing for Col played a role in that.

It's too bad we have like zero flexibility on this roster. I feel like Dubnyk is going to get burned out again and we play like crap to end the season. I have no trust in Stalock to fill in as backup tender.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
"Opinions" is the same in English and French. I can believe that his source (Lapointe?) was convinced it was a done deal but that's not the same as having a done deal. A young expansion-proof asset with higher upside than "Bodin" or Dumba plus the pick (a higher conditional pick - the 2018 2nd - than the Wild could offer btw) probably sealed it for Tampa. Would Dumba or Brodin have been a better fit for the Bolts this season? The counterfactuals are endless (selling high on Granlund, keeping Tuch, etc.) but I'm not such a huge Drouin fan as to believe he puts this roster any closer to the Cup.

Reactions: ClayAikenFan77

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Russo's got a new story up on Athletic. Coyle looking like the likely LTIR with a fractured tibia or fibula. Nino's high ankle sprain isn't apparently to serious.

We might see a month of Kunin with the Coyle injury.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Dumba or Spurge I think...someone right handed, ha. Surprised that could fracture the bone, it didn't look that bad at full speed but obviously it's still an NHL shot going into a place that I don't think has much padding (if at all?). That's why they usually don't want to turn around like that if a shot is incoming.

MoeTheHobo

Jan 24, 2017
Forward Charlie Coyle suffered a right fibula fracture and underwent successful surgery today by Dr. Fernando Peña at TRIA Orthopaedic Center in Bloomington. He is expected to miss six to eight weeks and has been placed on Long Term Injured Reserve (LTIR). By placing Coyle on LTIR, the Wild can recall at least three players from Iowa for Saturday's home opener against the Columbus Blue Jackets.
Forward Marcus Foligno suffered a left facial fracture and is expected to miss a minimum of one week. He is scheduled to undergo a procedure by Dr. David Hamlar on Sunday.
Forward Nino Niederreiter suffered a high left ankle sprain and has been placed on Injured Reserve. He is expected to miss a minimum of three weeks.
At least we can do some call-ups now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad