2017-2018 Minnesota Wild General Discussion III

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
This schedule makes it very hard to get into the season. But what I hate more about it is that once again, the team will have to make up for it later towards the end of the season when other teams will get some rest before the playoffs.

That said, the only silver lining is it's giving our guys a chance to heal with all these injuries. Still.......

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
Funny, I was reading the Blackhawks GDT last week and they were complaining about how we always had games in hand. No one is ever satisfied, apparently.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Folin wasn't coming off of his ELC

Wow, you're right. I actually looked at it before I even posted that first time, and still kept thinking he was. I clearly was not on my game when I posted that. Not that I'm surprised, I had just finished studying. My brain is always fried after that.

Of course, now that I've realized what his last contract was worth, I have no idea how anyone can say he was overpaid.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Yeah the injuries being now make me tolerate the schedule but it's insane how many games we'll play in short succession to make up for them will be insane.

Just having 2 of Foligno, Granlund, Parise, Nino back would be such a big improvement.

Also, nice to see Tuch have 3 points in 2 games for VGK

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Yeah the injuries being now make me tolerate the schedule but it's insane how many games we'll play in short succession to make up for them will be insane.

Just having 2 of Foligno, Granlund, Parise, Nino back would be such a big improvement.

Also, nice to see Tuch have 3 points in 2 games for VGK
Foligno being out of the lineup is not really a negative. Can probably say the same about Parise at this point.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Foligno being out of the lineup is not really a negative. Can probably say the same about Parise at this point.

Foligno has done fine except for getting into a dumb fight. He is noticeable (not in a bad way) when he's on the ice.

Broken Parise has better hands than any of the fringe callups. Also the Wild could really use his tenacity/work ethic out there after they score a goal. This whole socre one goal, let them score a goal within a minute thing is has to stop.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I mean when they're healthy... didn't think I needed to clarify that
so do I
Foligno has done fine except for getting into a dumb fight. He is noticeable (not in a bad way) when he's on the ice.

Broken Parise has better hands than any of the fringe callups. Also the Wild could really use his tenacity/work ethic out there after they score a goal. This whole socre one goal, let them score a goal within a minute thing is has to stop.
Foligno on the 4th line would be a fine addition to the team. The Foligno that Boudreau gives us, is not. He's a 10 minutes a night guy at best.
Parise is a similar situation, just a better player. They don't miss his defense one bit though.

dBoon

Sep 28, 2004
I guess the Wild were relegated - at least that's what Google says:
Screen%20Shot%202017-10-18%20at%204.43.44%20PM.png

Reactions: BagHead

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Foligno plays hockey the way BB wants the team to play: Control the puck along the boards, counter attack, be physical, and play solid defense. The Wild just don't have the Getzlaf/Perry or Backstrom/Ovi combo to kill teams. Fast and loose, pretty hockey isn't how he coaches. He wants to grind teams to death.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
I am so confused how you don't think having Parise and Foligno on the ice over Ferraro and Mitchell is an improvement. It's a substantial and ridiculous improvement.

I'm taking a lap and having another Lagavulin.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I am so confused how you don't think having Parise and Foligno on the ice over Ferraro and Mitchell is an improvement. It's a substantial and ridiculous improvement.

I'm taking a lap and having another Lagavulin.
Ferraro and Mitchell are 4th liners that Bruce would play about 7 minutes a night. Foligno is a 4th liner that Bruce seems to want to play 14-15 minutes a night. That's 7 extra minutes of having a bad player on the ice.

Parise would obvioulsy help right now with 3 of your top 4 wingers hurt, but he isn't the player a lot of people seem to think he is.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Ferraro and Mitchell are 4th liners that Bruce would play about 7 minutes a night. Foligno is a 4th liner that Bruce seems to want to play 14-15 minutes a night. That's 7 extra minutes of having a bad player on the ice.

Parise would obvioulsy help right now with 3 of your top 4 wingers hurt, but he isn't the player a lot of people seem to think he is.

Foligno played 13:13, 17:54 against Carolina, and only 7:25 against Chicago for obvious reasons. I would guess the 12-13 minutes mark is where coach feels more comfortable but he's still a huge upgrade on Bertschy or Mitchell.

Should be getting enough numbers back to balance out the top-six a little.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003

Foligno isn't the player you seem to think he is either. Him being out is a bigger problem than you think it is.

Reactions: Wild11MN

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Foligno played 13:13, 17:54 against Carolina, and only 7:25 against Chicago for obvious reasons. I would guess the 12-13 minutes mark is where coach feels more comfortable but he's still a huge upgrade on Bertschy or Mitchell.

12-13 mins is where the 3rd line last year for even strength ToI, so that sounds about right. There really isn't any reason to put him on the PP or PK on a regular basis, there are better options for both. With the qualifier that everyone is healthy.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Foligno played 13:13, 17:54 against Carolina, and only 7:25 against Chicago for obvious reasons. I would guess the 12-13 minutes mark is where coach feels more comfortable but he's still a huge upgrade on Bertschy or Mitch

I hope you're right, but I get the feeling that Boudreau will play him more than that. 13 minutes is probably more than he should play on this team anyway.

Foligno isn't the player you seem to think he is either. Him being out is a bigger problem than you think it is.

What kind of player is Foligno?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Granlund and Foligno will both return to practice today, Foligno will play Friday with a cage, Granlund could play Saturday.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
What kind of player is Foligno?
Physcial forward who is good along the walls and can contribute to the offense who is also entering what should be the prime years of his career. He is better than the guys we called up to replace him Nino and Coyle in the lineup. He isn't some AHL scrub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad