2017-2018 Minnesota Wild General Discussion III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I don't know, but read thay our President Sauli "Sale" Niinistö and the first lady Jenni Haukio will be attending.

According to Russo, Niinistö will also drop the ceremonial puck.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
The Jets lineup tonight makes ours the other night look like an actual NHL team!

[Tweet]910907496520437761[/MEDIA]

Here is the Wild lineup

[Tweet]910561687660621825[/MEDIA]

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
I wasn't sure when I first saw the pics, but I think they look great, especially seeing them in action tonight. The only thing that kind of got on me was the wheat stripe at the bottom but it's fine. I think they look really good.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
“I knew I wasn’t too good for any league,” Stalock told The Athletic after Thursday’s game. “Everywhere in hockey now, the kids are so good. Young kids coming up, they’re unbelievable. You can’t play in the best league in the world without playing every night. I hadn’t gotten that chance to play a lot the last couple years, and ask any guy who’s in and out of the lineup up front or the back end, it’s not easy.

“To skip two weeks and all of a sudden you’re thrown in there, it’s like middle of the season, the guys are going 100 miles per hour and you’re at 80. It’s not an easy spot to be in. So I needed to play. Going through it at 24, 25, 26, that age, it didn’t affect me as much. But now being 30, it’s different knowing how you have to work every single day, practice and what it takes.

“Hopefully I can get another chance, make the most of it and have success.”

https://theathletic.com/107770/2017/09/22/alex-stalock-minnesota-wild-backup-goalie-preseason/

Stalock sounds like a really humble guy. Hope he's solid this season!

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
He played well tonight... all rebounds were well under control and directed to safety... something Kuemper never figured out how to do.

Not sure I saw the Jets get a single second chance shot on goal all game.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
He played well tonight... all rebounds were well under control and directed to safety... something Kuemper never figured out how to do.

Not sure I saw the Jets get a single second chance shot on goal all game.

Speaking of Kuemper, the Wild have a theory for Dubnyk's play late last season (according to Russo)

The Wild’s theory for Dubnyk’s slip?

Dubnyk wore down as the season went along because Boudreau had no faith in Kuemper. The Wild grew so tired of Kuemper’s in-game meltdowns, they actually recalled Stalock to start two games, benched Kuemper and rested Dubnyk at the end of the month.

With Kuemper now with the Los Angeles Kings, Wild general manager Chuck Fletcher said it’s “critical” to get better play from the Wild’s backup position this season so Dubnyk doesn’t have to be relied upon solely.

From the same article.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Speaking of Kuemper, the Wild have a theory for Dubnyk's play late last season (according to Russo)

From the same article.

We all had that same theory, and Stalock being called up to start was the obvious signal to prove what we already knew.

I saw Kuemper in the Kings first preseason game... same old Kuemper. :laugh:

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
I don't dislike the new Greens ... I'd go as far as to say I even like them.

It's the Reds I don't like all that much, wish they would have done something about them. Oh wells, can't complain too much. Just happy to be able to watch some Hockey, even if it is preseason!

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I don't dislike the new Greens ... I'd go as far as to say I even like them.

It's the Reds I don't like all that much, wish they would have done something about them. Oh wells, can't complain too much. Just happy to be able to watch some Hockey, even if it is preseason!

The reds don't exist anymore

NonsenseElimination

Jan 1, 2016
The "new" jerseys are...lame. In my opinion. Very unimpressed.

I agree. The greens we had last year are better in every respect except one--no bear logo. I think that stripe in the middle on the new ones looks out of place and they took away the stripes that used to be on the bottom which looks so bad now. I wish we didn't have to outline everything in red, really screws up the scheme.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
Jerseys last night made me think of when your barf has a little bit of red in it and you go "Oh god is that all blood?!" and then realize it was just the taco sauce and Rice Krispies from lunch and you're not actually dying so it's not really that big of a deal after all.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
Is Mike Reilly still with the Wild? Google tells me he is (with Iowa Wild) but I'm just wondering...is he in an injury situatuon right now?

Jerseys last night made me think of when your barf has a little bit of red in it and you go "Oh god is that all blood?!" and then realize it was just the taco sauce and Rice Krispies from lunch and you're not actually dying so it's not really that big of a deal after all.

loll :laugh:

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Reilly played in Winnipeg in the first preseason game...and will probably play in the next one I'm guessing. Very much in the mix to make the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad