2017-2018 Minnesota Wild General Discussion III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
BB was on with KFAN this morning and said they want Stalock to get all the time he can get before the playoffs in the event they have to call him up. There was no point of having him ride the bench when they have Dubnyk as the starting goalie and want him to get a little bit more time in before the playoffs. After today, if they win, the rest of the games this season won't matter anyway. And BB doesn't care about "winning streaks" going into the playoffs since there is downtime between the regular season and the start of them anyway.

Yeah, I've got no problem with Stalock going back down to stay sharp. Give Kuemper his last couple games with the Wild. It's not like anything's at stake.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
+Everyone and their mom loved Stalock, he'll be back
+Kuemps has deserved his chance
+Hey Haula Haters, guess who's back?!

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Yeah, I've got no problem with Stalock going back down to stay sharp. Give Kuemper his last couple games with the Wild. It's not like anything's at stake.

Thats the big thing. They play teams not in playoff contention, and 2 are probably vying for a high draft pick anyway. That means if the Wild win today: you'll most likely start seeing dwindling ice time for older players and those who may have to worry about injuries coming back up. Why put Stalock in net when you Keumper can go in and play however he wants. He is a FA this offseason and if he plans on being a NHL backup, he better show some team he can actually play goalie.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Haula got spoon fed a goal from Granlund, if he isn't playing on that first line he will do the same thing he always does.

I think he did a bit more than that... He had visible role in all goals and that "spoon fed" was him actively going for it.

Guess who will disappear once he is asked to play his role on the team again.

Defensive 7 minute role between White and Stewie isn't something you should accept if you aim for an >1M$ contract.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Defensive 7 minute role between White and Stewie isn't something you should accept if you aim for an >1M$ contract.

I fully agree, which is why when he gets put into that role he needs to show he is a player that deserves to have a bigger role. When he's given better line-mates he seems to skate harder, and do more. He needs to play that way no matter who his line-mates are. His motivation is a bit too extrinsic. And I say this as someone who really likes him, and wants him to succeed.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Have I destroyed your team so far in HF Avs mock GM game?

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=130022563&postcount=26

Chris Kreider - Mikko Koivu - Jakub Voracek
Rick Nash - Eric Staal - Charlie Coyle
Jason Zucker - Joel Eriksson Ek - Pavel Buchnevich
Blake Comeau - Erik Haula - Chris Stewart
Jordan Schroeder

Ryan Suter - TJ Brodie
Marco Scandella - Jonas Brodin
Travis Sanheim - Christian Folin
Mike Reilly

Devan Dubnyk
Alex Stalock

You've made a Wild / Rangers / Flyers Frankenstein team. :laugh:

Overall, I like the moves you made.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
I'm curious as to why you protected Scandella over Spurgeon.

Just kinda my own preference. I don't have as good knowledge of those guys as you do but I wanted that extra cap space and two good LD and two good RD. They were pretty even for me. I was thinking about exposing Scandella and Dumba tho.

You've made a Wild / Rangers / Flyers Frankenstein team. :laugh:

Overall, I like the moves you made.

Yeah, I did :laugh:

Thank you.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Interesting article here on Player types and optimizing lineups. Towards the end he talks specifically about the Wild and how adding Hanzal helps add options.

nt3005

Jan 12, 2015
Dakota Territory
Its actually pretty awesome knowing how bad the Wild played during March and seeing that they are still top 5 in the league. I think other fans underestimate this team to much. I still see a solid playoff run coming, and i'll also predict the Hawks get bounced in the first round.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
Its actually pretty awesome knowing how bad the Wild played during March and seeing that they are still top 5 in the league. I think other fans underestimate this team to much. I still see a solid playoff run coming, and i'll also predict the Hawks get bounced in the first round.
I'd love to see the Hawks bounced in the first round. I don't think this team has the mental capacity to beat them. Or, we'd demolish them in the second round, giving everyone cup frenzy, and then we'd lose in conference finals because it's mn sports.

nt3005

Jan 12, 2015
Dakota Territory
I'd love to see the Hawks bounced in the first round. I don't think this team has the mental capacity to beat them. Or, we'd demolish them in the second round, giving everyone cup frenzy, and then we'd lose in conference finals because it's mn sports.

Every game against the Hawks this year has been close, and some of the losses the Wild controlled play, I think thats one series that they get extra up to.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Every game against the Hawks this year has been close, and some of the losses the Wild controlled play, I think thats one series that they get extra up to.

I feel this is the year. At least WCF. And I'm not worried about any Pacific team.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN

if we get good goaltending we'll be fine. maybe doobs can flip a switch but im very concerned. i do think on paper we're as good as the hawks , they just have more confidence & experience.

nt3005

Jan 12, 2015
Dakota Territory
if we get good goaltending we'll be fine. maybe doobs can flip a switch but im very concerned. i do think on paper we're as good as the hawks , they just have more confidence & experience.

I think Dub will play at an acceptable level, getting some wins will help build the confidence. I personally don't put as much into the experience factor. Nobody has experience until they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->