Prospect Info: 2017-2018 In The System: Springfield Thunderbirds, CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
I'm sure batting will be by soon to ask about Hawryluk but my question is about Greco. Guy looks to be on pace to smash his previous season stats. At 24 years old already, where do you see his ceiling?
Or a review of his game?

Probably one of the fastest skaters in the AHL and would be one of the fastest in the NHL if he ever made it here. 4 assists tonight. He's kind of a do-it-all type of guy. Can PK, play PP, play top of the lineup or at the bottom. He's not incredibly good at one specific thing, he's just kind of "good enough" at everything. Good shot, relatively skilled. I'm not sure if he really projects to be much of an impact player at the NHL level, probably more of a bottom-6 type guy if he ever made it. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see him get a call one day. Hard worker, pesky, really hard on the puck despite his smaller size, built like a truck.

Last edited:

scoob8888

Sep 28, 2017
Have to agree with batting1k here. He can really fly. Whether he'll make it is debatable I'd say. His game may be more suited for the European leagues but he may earn a callup at some point the way he's going.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Is there a way to get Cowley more playing time? Admittedly he has been very meh so far, but getting one start per month when lack of playing time has always been the problem in his developement... clearly not ideal.
If we don't trust him in the AHL/want more playing time for Monty, can't we grab an AHL scrub somewhere and send Cowley back to the ECHL?

Also, nice Thunderbirds win :)

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
Probably one of the fastest skaters in the AHL and would be one of the fastest in the NHL if he ever made it here. 4 assists tonight. He's kind of a do-it-all type of guy. Can PK, play PP, play top of the lineup or at the bottom. He's not incredibly good at one specific thing, he's just kind of "good enough" at everything. Good shot, relatively skilled. I'm not sure if he really projects to be much of an impact player at the NHL level, probably more of a bottom-6 type guy if he ever made it. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see him get a call one day. Hard worker, pesky, really hard on the puck despite his smaller size, built like a truck.

Sounds like a good 4th liner who can play up a couple spots if he’s needed.

scoob8888

Sep 28, 2017
Is there a way to get Cowley more playing time? Admittedly he has been very meh so far, but getting one start per month when lack of playing time has always been the problem in his developement... clearly not ideal.
If we don't trust him in the AHL/want more playing time for Monty, can't we grab an AHL scrub somewhere and send Cowley back to the ECHL?

I think he'll play one of the next 2 probably Monday afternoon against Hartford as that will finish a stretch of 4 games in 6 days for the T Birds in 4 different cities.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011

Maybe not playing time, but more pocket money. Since the Panthers have a week off, they could put Sateri on waivers and send him back to Springfield. But for that to happen, we'd need a goalie coming back the other way and thus Cowley would need to be signed to an ELC (currently on an AHL deal).

Tbh it's a bit weird they haven't done that already (the ELC), organization isn't that high on him? It can't be money, since ELC's pay you peanuts at the AHL level.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
How are you seeing all this?? Is there a way to stream their games that I haven't been able to find??

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Really rooting for Ang.

Ideally see him in a 3rd line role. Kind of like how I saw Howden when he was a prospect. Hopefully Ang works out though!
Sounds stupid, but the first day we were there he looked at my kid, and then he looked up at me and smiled an honest smile. Turned out to be as good at hockey as I saw it.

I pray to St.Anger.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
How has mccoshen looked his year and what does he project as at the NHL level?

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015

He’s had a few good games but overall I haven’t been impressed. I don’t think he’s a full time NHLer yet.

Weegar has looked better imo.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014

Looks like an Ekblad (e.g. needs to work on his skating) but without the extra knack for offense. Plenty of rookie mistakes which I'd think he'll get sorted out. Laid down couple of big hits. As far as I'm concerned, Ian could be a reliable top4 dman down the line. I like that fact that over his career he has been way up in the +/- column. This year is all about learning the ropes of the show, next year will be probably a dead even +/- and the following season of that a positive +/-.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Some games he looked like he had 2-3 years under his belt and would be smart with the puck and solid in his positioning. He's had a couple games where he played 18 mins which is a lot for a rookie in my opinion. He can handle the puck fairly well and make good passes but noticed he panicked quite a bit and would ice the puck a fair bit.

Hasn't played for a week now and Petrovic and Weegar had better outings the last little while.

If he adds more physicality to his game by getting stronger in the weight room while working on his defensive abilities, he could be a #4 second pairing defensive defenseman capable of 20 pts. He has a decent slap shot when on net, pretty heavy. He needs more experience but his inconsistency is what is putting him in the pressbox.

I think he will be a fine 3rd pairing guy next year with sheltered minutes. That's a role he will have to accept for the foreseeable future because Matheson and Yandle are 1 and 2 on the left side and locked up long term.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
5-2 win for the TBirds over Providence.

Mamins stat line is begging for another look in our bottom 6 IMO.

Crowley with the win against one of the AHLs best, on the road no less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad