Prospect Info: 2017-2018 In The System: Springfield Thunderbirds, CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
Hi everyone!

I was hoping that you'd be able to help me out. I am currently running a fantasy game on the Rangers board. Based on how a prospect is described on HF (i.e. you need to play a certain number of games in the NHL to be considered graduated) I need a list of your teams top 10 prospects if you don't include players drafted in the entry draft this year.

Would you be able to provide me a list of your top prospects prior to this years entry draft, I would really help me out for my game.

Thanks in advance!

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
Hi everyone!

I was hoping that you'd be able to help me out. I am currently running a fantasy game on the Rangers board. Based on how a prospect is described on HF (i.e. you need to play a certain number of games in the NHL to be considered graduated) I need a list of your teams top 10 prospects if you don't include players drafted in the entry draft this year.

Would you be able to provide me a list of your top prospects prior to this years entry draft, I would really help me out for my game.

Thanks in advance!

In no particular order I guess it'd be McCoshen, Mascherin, Montembeault, Hawyrluk, Weegar, Borgstrom, Lammikko, Mamin, Haapala, Schemitsch.

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
Tippett as well

Yeah, definitely, but he was drafted this year (asked not to include anyone in the '17 class).

Btw, speaking of our promising future and good prospects, can we take our mind off this ugly offseason and do one of those ranking our prospect polls? Those are my top 10 ^ but in no order and not including the new guys.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Yeah, definitely, but he was drafted this year (asked not to include anyone in the '17 class).

Btw, speaking of our promising future and good prospects, can we take our mind off this ugly offseason and do one of those ranking our prospect polls? Those are my top 10 ^ but in no order and not including the new guys.

Oh whoops :laugh:

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
I have a slightly different question. Can someone give me a quick rundown on the potential/expectations of these players who made their NHL debut last season?

Ian McCoshen
Denis Malgin
MacKenzie Weegar
Shane Harper

Ian McCoshen - starting bottom six, expectation is definitely a top4 D
Denis Malgin - 3C upside 2C
MacKenzie Weegar - isn't making the team yet, PP qb with top 4 upside
Shane Harper - tweener

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
I have a slightly different question. Can someone give me a quick rundown on the potential/expectations of these players who made their NHL debut last season?

Ian McCoshen
Denis Malgin
MacKenzie Weegar
Shane Harper

Harper isn't with the team anymore. Was traded at the deadline to the Devils for D Reece Scarlett.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Ian McCoshen - starting bottom six, expectation is definitely a top4 D
Denis Malgin - 3C upside 2C
MacKenzie Weegar - isn't making the team yet, PP qb with top 4 upside
Shane Harper - tweener

This seems a bit too optimistic to me, especially Malgin. Until he can not be sneezed off the puck fairly easily I will be surprised if he can hold down anything more than a wing position in the NHL.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
This seems a bit too optimistic to me, especially Malgin. Until he can not be sneezed off the puck fairly easily I will be surprised if he can hold down anything more than a wing position in the NHL.

yeah probably, maybe second line winger upside.

but I see him as a pure center, his game fits that role much better... much like Trocheck's

Last edited:

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Blaine Byron

Nice 1 yr signing by the Thunderbirds. Former 6th round pick of the Pens but elected to go UFA after 4 yrs of NCAA on 8/15/17. It is a one way AHL contract so they can't send him to the ECHL without paying AHL wages and the only way the Cats can call him up is if they sign him to an elc during the season. He is essentially showcasing himself for one year in the AHL to see if he can get an upgraded elc contract in the neighborhood of $925K with an upgraded signing bonus next year. At age 22 he will likely get a tryout with the Canadian Olympic team.

Good size at 6'1"/198 and played C at University of Maine. Put on 30 pounds since being drafted by Pens. 41 pts in 36 games are good numbers. Said to have a high hockey IQ. He obviously thinks the Cats bottom six is wide open both at C and the LW and will look to impress. Will likely be top 6 C in Springfield if his FO% is decent. Can't wait to see what he looks like when the season starts. :)

Last edited:

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Yaroslav Kosov's agent stated that there are plans for him to make another try to cross the pond next summer. Btw, he scored a goal in a KHL game recently, that doesn't happen to him that often.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Yaroslav Kosov's agent stated that there are plans for him to make another try to cross the pond next summer. Btw, he scored a goal in a KHL game recently, that doesn't happen to him that often.
Panthers own his rights until (the year) he turns 27, right?

I still think he's shot himself in the foot by staying in Magnitogorsk for too long, other KHL teams or even an SHL/Liiga team would've given him a bigger role and more development. It's going to be tough for him to get out of that label of being purely a 4th line guy.

bluegod29

Oct 4, 2011
what does everyone think the lines will look like in springfield this year. please include defensive pairings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad