Prospect Info: 2017-2018 In The System: Springfield Thunderbirds, CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Looks like Borg has hit a bit of a rough spot with Denver in the goal scoring dept. Curious to know if he has a fatigue problem. In one study more than half of the mono patients did develop chronic fatigue syndrome although many in the health industry believe there is no correlation. Disclaimer: I am not a physician but I play one on this board. ;)

Wonder if Jayce will ever get a call-up this year. He certainly has played as good as Mamin offensively but Mamin is a +4 to Jayce's double digit -11 (one of only 2 forwards on the team in double digits). Of course we all know that plus minus offers no real statistical significance due to so many other factors.:sarcasm: Maybe someone who likes to rationalize on his short comings has some gifs to show us he has turned it around and is actually our best prospect on that team. :)

Last edited:

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Looks like Borg has hit a bit of a rough spot with Denver in the goal scoring dept. Curious to know if he has a fatigue problem. In one study more than half of the mono patients did develop chronic fatigue syndrome although many in the health industry believe there is no correlation. Disclaimer: I am not a physician but I play one on this board. ;)

Wonder if Jayce will ever get a call-up this year. He certainly has played as good as Mamin offensively but Mamin is a +4 to Jayce's double digit -11 (one of only 2 forwards on the team in double digits). Of course we all know that plus minus offers no real statistical significance due to so many other factors.:sarcasm: Maybe someone who likes to rationalize on his short comings has some gifs to show us he has turned it around and is actually our best prospect on that team. :)

Hawryluk is our top prospect and easily the top prospect in the NHL and most definitely the entire universe.

:sarcasm:

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany

But didn´t you go in the AHL to work on your 2 Way Game. Beside you are a total 1 Way Top Scorer there is no Chance, you get a call up with -11. I think when McGinn is the Player who is sick, Mamin can play that role better then Jayce. Since everyone saw Mamin as an energyful Bottom 6 Player.
Also for the future i see big problem for Jayce been more then a depth Player. Not much space and place on this Team, and when you follow other Threads. with Borgstrom, Mascherin, Ang, Haapala, Heppo, Tippet all these Player show much more Potential then him.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Mascherin has really turned it up the last month or so I see. Maybe not getting an invite for Team Canada gave him a little boost? Or was the slow start because of his off-season rehab? Combination of both? Either way, glad he's racking up the points again. Just watched the highlights of his 4-goal game, my word, his release is ridiculous. I hope he can find a way to translate his game to the pro level.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Mascherin has really turned it up the last month or so I see. Maybe not getting an invite for Team Canada gave him a little boost? Or was the slow start because of his off-season rehab? Combination of both? Either way, glad he's racking up the points again. Just watched the highlights of his 4-goal game, my word, his release is ridiculous. I hope he can find a way to translate his game to the pro level.
I'd mostly blame it for the surgery as I think he had a really slow start but was already starting to pick it up before they sent the invites to Team Canada. Either way, great to see him do so well lately.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I'd mostly blame it for the surgery as I think he had a really slow start but was already starting to pick it up before they sent the invites to Team Canada. Either way, great to see him do so well lately.
Getting your game back after an injury can take a year or 2. Sucks, but look at Nicky, who too many still probably want to get rid of him. We as Panthers fans, can easily admit to being a little short of patience too often LOL

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017

Looks like Grenier will represent Springfield at the AHL all-star game. Nothing against him (good AHL vet), but it's somewhat disappointing that none of our prospects qualified (though I can see why...)

Reactions: I am not exposed

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Tippett getting hot - a hattrick + shootout goal in his team's 4-3 victory yesterday; even better, he now has six multi-point games in a row (9 goals and 16 points in 6 games), twice a first star, twice a second star over those games.
Nice :)

Mascherin and Tippett going head to head tonight. Both guys are killing it in goals. Mascherin is on a 50 goal pace and Tippett would be on a 46 goal pace if he played a full season but still nearing a 36 goal pace if he plays 52 games. Mascherin will probably finish top 3 in goals league wide. (Tied for 11th last year). Tippett was 5th last year. Pretty impressive stuff and encouraging for Florida, we need some additional depth scoring. We have two of the best shots in the OHL.

If only I had 3 TV's, one for CAN-SWE gold medal game, one for Florida game and one for the Kitchener-Mississauga game.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013

Linus Nassen suffered a fractured radial bone and will miss 6-8 weeks for the Medicine Hat Tigers.

Paging Dr. Brokin... @Brokin ...

scoob8888

Sep 28, 2017

Linus Nassen suffered a fractured radial bone and will miss 6-8 weeks for the Medicine Hat Tigers.

Paging Dr. Brokin... @Brokin ...

Paging batting1k. Do you expect the T Birds to be a competitive AHL team with 2 ECHL caliber goalies at best (and that may be a stretch) against bona fide AHL teams ?

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Take it that u didn’t see his performance (or lack therof) in front of a sellout crowd tonight. He belongs in Manchester.

You mean the 2nd goal where he was left out to dry by the defense? Only goal I’d fault him on was the 3rd one where the puck squeaked between him and the post. 1st was tough break with the bouncing puck, couldn’t corral it.

He’s a 21 year old in his first pro season and was making his 9th straight start. He’s been good and hasn’t performed any worse than any other young goaltender playing in the AHL for the first time. The defense has left a lot to be desired in front of him and he’s made some really good saves at times.

Cowley was super until the 3rd period, made some strong saves and played well against some good Providence forwards...remember he hasn’t played in a month.

No offense, but I really don’t trust/agree with your player evaluations. You’re posting with your emotions

Maybe complain about the power play which is 1 for its last 36? Is that not an issue? It’s like 0/5, 0/6, 0/7 every night. And what about the tough guy on the 2nd line LW? And the defenseman on the 4th line RW for the past 3 weeks?

But yeah, Montembeault is the issue. The kid made 44 saves last week lol

Last edited:
Reactions: CHGoalie27

scoob8888

Sep 28, 2017
You're watching the game on your computer. Tis a bit different sitting in the stands as a STH and watching a bunch of suspects and has been's playing against AHL teams with legitimate prospects and quality veterans. You don't give a damn whether the T Birds win or lose clouds your judgement as noted by your worship of No. 8.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
You're watching the game on your computer. Tis a bit different sitting in the stands as a STH and watching a bunch of suspects and has been's playing against AHL teams with legitimate prospects and quality veterans. You don't give a damn whether the T Birds win or lose clouds your judgement as noted by your worship of No. 8.

You didn’t argue anything I just said. Guess I’m right :)

scoob8888

Sep 28, 2017
You didn’t argue anything I just said. Guess I’m right :)
Lol. Isn’t it fair to say that this team (associates might be a better term) is overmatched every night they step out on the ice against legitimate AHL teams ? Good luck on your quest for employment with the Panthers. Peace.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Lol. Isn’t it fair to say that this team (associates might be a better term) is overmatched every night they step out on the ice against legitimate AHL teams ? Good luck on your quest for employment with the Panthers. Peace.

I mean I guess they are, but if they play the right way they’re capabale or beating anyone. You can say that about any team.

I’m not sure what you’re trying to get me to say?

I have 0 intention of working for the Panthers now or in the future...I’m in college for computer science, but thanks for the well wishes :)

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
If I decided to renew my seats again, my wife would be a season ticket holder. I wouldn't think she knows any more about hockey than anyone choosing to watch hockey over anything else at home.

That said, there's a few people here that I give respect and credit for good-great knowledge the game and it's history quite well, but I honestly feel don't show to have any of the slightest clue about goaltending no matter where they're watching from. Nothing personal, because it's all a matter of opinion- which obviously everyone has and is subject to change, but it doesn't mean even a season ticket holder's word should/could go without objective reasoning. All that in general as I can't judge entirely on the 2 posts I've seen out of you. But who cares and who am I!

Though, if I were to be prejudiced, I wouldn't expect a favorable response based on what you've posted, but I will try anyway by giving you the number one rule of judging a goalie- if a goalie's team sucks, you can't blame him(or her) just because the puck goes in more than 1 or 2 times.

To leave off, I must say that I won't ever not give someone the respect, and as you claim to be a STHer, I do highly value and respect your input regardless of whether or not I disagree with your POV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad