2017-2018 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Walford with 2 assists. Putting up only a slightly higher PPG than last season but looks much better as a player overall.

Really like his teammates Florchuk and Oliver for the draft, btw.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Didn't watch the game yet but recorded Evans last night, maybe I should stop recording his games as this is the 3rd or 4th and he's been pointless in all of them I believe.

Wow, nice move. He might be just what we need, big puck moving d-man.

I really liked what I saw from him when you consider he had been out all season. I wouldn't be surprised if he's a top 3 prospect for us next year.

Hayden Hawkey played 40 minutes tonight for Providence. I don't know if he played the first 40 or the last 40, but he let in 2 goals in 20 shots for a .900SV%. Providence won the game 8-3 against RIT.

He started the game, they played a weak club so they got him some rest as he's played every game.

Tyszka with 3 assists a +2 and the second star in a loss in overtime to Tri-City

He leads all our '17 picks in points, I think he's someone to keep an eye on.

Reactions: Maitz

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Problem with Tyszka is the defensive side of the game. He was horrendous at the Memorial Cup and weak to start the season. He needs to turn that around, and hopefully he has.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Didn't watch the game yet but recorded Evans last night, maybe I should stop recording his games as this is the 3rd or 4th and he's been pointless in all of them I believe.
I watched the game (first ND game I catch since early November) and the last one I watched he didn't get a point either so I guess I'm part of the damn jinx too ! We really should coordinate on this , people are going to start blaming us :P

Last edited:
Reactions: montreal

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I think he was out for a good chunk of the year last season because of a shoulder injury.

Well the entirety of the Seattle team looked like crap that tournament so the fault isn’t with him. Plus if he had no defensive faults he wouldn’t have gone as late as he did. Let’s just hope he can improve.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I actually really like all 4 of the dmen we took in the draft. I think all 4 could be NHLers, maybe none of them end up #1s, but I think all 4 could comprise your 2-5 guys. Really shored up our defensive pool IMO.

Reactions: FrankMTL

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I actually really like all 4 of the dmen we took in the draft. I think all 4 could be NHLers, maybe none of them end up #1s, but I think all 4 could comprise your 2-5 guys. Really shored up our defensive pool IMO.

I like the 2017 draft class. Centers and defensemen and 1 goalie in the 7th Round.

Well the entirety of the Seattle team looked like crap that tournament so the fault isn’t with him. Plus if he had no defensive faults he wouldn’t have gone as late as he did. Let’s just hope he can improve.

Yea Seattle was atrocious at the Memorial Cup.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DramaticGloveSave

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I like the 2017 draft class. Centers and defensemen and 1 goalie in the 7th Round.

I was a bit confused when we didn't select Bellerive in the 7th. I was even more confused when no one picked him. He's making Pittsburgh look pretty good right now (and my mock) with a 100pt pace.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

I would have rather they’d taken a shot at Matheos or Lipanov with the Walford pick.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I was a bit confused when we didn't select Bellerive in the 7th. I was even more confused when no one picked him. He's making Pittsburgh look pretty good right now (and my mock) with a 100pt pace.
Primeau is doing fairly good though, I can see how they felt he was a steal in the 7th round.
I would have rather they’d taken a shot at Matheos or Lipanov with the Walford pick.
I expected it to be the ''token local kid'' pick honestly.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I think he was out for a good chunk of the year last season because of a shoulder injury.

Is his offensive game exciting enough to hope he can iron out the D side of his game? The point totals are there so far.

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Cale Fleury 3 assists in a 4-2 win!

Problem with Tyszka is the defensive side of the game. He was horrendous at the Memorial Cup and weak to start the season. He needs to turn that around, and hopefully he has.

I'm kind of glad that happened because it let him slide to us. I think he'll overcome it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Awesome! What are your thoughts on Fleury?

And thanks for all your WHL reports, Stive!

Obviously still his has issues to work out (defensively) but it's nice to see his numbers go up in the meantime (10 pts in 11 games since the trade to Regina) Personally my biggest flaw with him is how he plays too dangerously and aggressively which leads to many turnovers (like Subban did)

Definitely top 4 upside though. He's better this year.

DesmondDekker

Let's diddly go !
Sep 11, 2006
Canada
I will tone it down a bit by saying all four could be solid AHL players in the near future, which in itself is pretty good.

Last edited:

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
It's easy to forget but Tyszka was a big time producer at the bantam level. He's got some offensive tools that he just hadn't really put to use in the dub up to this year.

Reactions: montreal

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Primeau is doing fairly good though, I can see how they felt he was a steal in the 7th round.

I know I heard something about Primeau hiding an injury in his draft year or something to that effect as to why he didn't do as well. I'd say he's having a great year so far, if you take out goalies with less then 10 starts, he's 9th in the entire NCAA in gaa and 10th in save %. For an 18 year old Freshman that doesn't even turn 19 till about 7 weeks prior to next season, on a team that isn't exactly a powerhouse program I have to say i'm very impressed if he can keep it up. Though the goalie that has impressed me the most in the NCAA is Cale Morris although another undrafted FA teammate of a prospect, Jeff Smith is putting up big numbers with SCSU. He's older because he was a transfer from UMass Lowell. I haven't seen Clarkson's Jake Kielly but he's another undrafted FA that is having a big year.

Is his offensive game exciting enough to hope he can iron out the D side of his game? The point totals are there so far.

I'd need to see more of him but still think he's someone to keep an eye on as he's got the frame if he adds some mass/strength. He's got the skating, mobility, speed. He rushes the puck up ice well and seems to be able to move it. I'm at least interested to see where his game is at in 1 1/2 years.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
How's Poehling comparing to Heponiemi and Tolvanen, for those who've seen all three this year ?

Those last two are tearing it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad