2017-2018 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Obviously still his has issues to work out (defensively) but it's nice to see his numbers go up in the meantime (10 pts in 11 games since the trade to Regina) Personally my biggest flaw with him is how he plays too dangerously and aggressively which leads to many turnovers (like Subban did)

Definitely top 4 upside though. He's better this year.

Sweet. Who do you like better out of Tyszka or Fleury? I guess the one more year of junior eligibility tilts the scales in Tyszka's favour a bit?

Anathema

Nov 23, 2017
William Bitten has a goal (9th) today versus Missisauga. It’s 5-2 Hamilton.

Josh Brook has 1 goal (1st) and 1 assist against Calgary.

Last edited by a moderator:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Sweet. Who do you like better out of Tyszka or Fleury? I guess the one more year of junior eligibility tilts the scales in Tyszka's favour a bit?

Fleury for now as he's ahead but not by much from the few times I've seen each, as he's also got the offensive upside that Tyszka shows but looks better in his own end then Tyszka.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
When I was working on my top 20, one thought that came up, if Brook didn't get injured, would he be our top prospect? There's clearly a lot to like about him but I need to see more. Hoping to watch last nights game at some point soon.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
When I was working on my top 20, one thought that came up, if Brook didn't get injured, would he be our top prospect? There's clearly a lot to like about him but I need to see more. Hoping to watch last nights game at some point soon.

I doubt he could surpass what Poehling is doing with Notre-Dame. Also Scherbak was dominant before his injury.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I agree with a few other posters. I really like what I'm seeing and reading regarding our 2017 draftees. It's early (obviously) but at least it's positive.

Reactions: ginomini

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

I certainly think he's our top defense prospect, since Mete has graduated.

And yes, that includes Juulsen.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
On a pure tool basis Brook is clearly the best we have on defense. He can do a bit of pretty much everything on the ice. Juulsen too but Brook has an extra gear mobility wise that he lacks.

yea better skating, speed, mobility then Juulsen with more offense but in the little I've seen of him so far he's far from Juulsen's physical game and defensive game. But like that we have Mete, Brook, Juulsen for the future blueline at least.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Just got done watching Sunday's game of Brook's, had an impressive showing with his 1st goal where he pinched in and tapped it home. He had a big hit, some good defensive plays, setup a goal and had several other chances with some good passes. Was actually a pretty good game until Moose Jaw just took it over in the 3rd.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Just got done watching Sunday's game of Brook's, had an impressive showing with his 1st goal where he pinched in and tapped it home. He had a big hit, some good defensive plays, setup a goal and had several other chances with some good passes. Was actually a pretty good game until Moose Jaw just took it over in the 3rd.

Thanks for your great feedback regarding these prospects once again Montreal!

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I doubt he could surpass what Poehling is doing with Notre-Dame. Also Scherbak was dominant before his injury.

but who knows what Brook would have done this year so far had he been healthy. Not sure why he wasn't a 1st rounder, sure looks the part. I expect a big year from Brook and to make Team Canada next year.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Fleury for now as he's ahead but not by much from the few times I've seen each, as he's also got the offensive upside that Tyszka shows but looks better in his own end then Tyszka.

I feel Fleury's got the higher upside but Tyszka is more likely to pan out. I give a slight edge to Fleury overall though.

Thanks for these, guys

My god, Poehling can pass the puck. We might've really lucked out with this pick.

I'm not quite sold on Evans but if he could be a potential upgrade on Pleks that would be great. A Danault upgrade would be even better. Hope he can get faster and stronger.

It's what's best for the kid right now, he still has a lot of growing and improving to do. As long as he keeps getting decent minutes I'll be happy. There's no rush getting him to NA.

Yeah him and Vejdemo should take their time over there. As long as they keep improving.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad