2017-2018 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
god I hope he can still pan out or live close to that initial TT/Rockstrom hype. I remember seeing those highlights when we drafted him and got WAY too excited. This is one of the first things i've seen since that has shown a flicker of that promise. really hope he still has room to improve.

i think he can be an NHLer regardless but I'd just love for a long shot home run like a Zetterberg/Datsuyk type one. I realize i'm being quite irrational lol but that's a beauty goal. i think that was a little bit of both a poor defender but some very impressive speed. didn't someone recently say he was one of the best skaters in the SHL? the first half second looks almost like the vid was sped up his legs were moving so fast.

I want to see the vid at full speed the whole way through to see exactly how fast he was going when he pulled that final move off.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
After his hot streak of 13 pts in 7 games I thought he would get an invite. But hopefully he uses it as motivation instead of disappointment. He still leads his team in assists, 2nd in points, just had hoped he would have put more pucks in the net.

One thing that concerns me is the videos of him throwing his weight around. I read where the Habs wanted him to stop trying to hit someone into the 3rd row and focus more on being smarter and using body position or something to that effect. It concerns me cause either he was told and isn't really listening or he wasn't told and I got to think he was told. Granted I haven't watched a lot of him this year, only saw him 2 or 3 times and I liked what I saw, has the speed, skating, energy, that I still think he has a good shot of being a 3rd or 4th liner down the road. Depending of course on how he does in the AHL where I will get a much better look at him.

He has the wheels to be the next Paul Byron.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Nice to know Habs have a few center prospects to get excited about. Whether they pan out or not or whether they become Top-6 or Bottom-6 players. Or whether they end up being career AHL'ers. Nevertheless, at this moment, it's nice to know with Poehling, Evans, Vejdemo, and Ikonen (who has slowly started finding his groove in Liiga), we can have hope for Habs' future at center.

And the beauty about these four, all of them can come play here as soon as next year. Seeing as how they're all either US College or Euro players, they're not bound to the CHL rules. They do need to be signed to ELC of course.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Nice to know Habs have a few center prospects to get excited about. Whether they pan out or not or whether they become Top-6 or Bottom-6 players. Or whether they end up being career AHL'ers. Nevertheless, at this moment, it's nice to know with Poehling, Evans, Vejdemo, and Ikonen (who has slowly started finding his groove in Liiga), we can have hope for Habs' future at center.

And the beauty about these four, all of them can come play here as soon as next year. Seeing as how they're all either US College or Euro players, they're not bound to the CHL rules. They do need to be signed to ELC of course.

#Habs prospect Pezzetta @Sudbury_Wolves with his 14th goal of the season tonight. He had 19 points all of last season.

You forgot about Pezzetta! haha j/k sort of.

I guess you could throw Bitten in there too

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Cale Fleury with 1 assist so far in a goalfest against Kelowna. It's about midway through the 2nd period and it's already 5-4 for Kelowna.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Hayden Hawkey played 40 minutes tonight for Providence. I don't know if he played the first 40 or the last 40, but he let in 2 goals in 20 shots for a .900SV%. Providence won the game 8-3 against RIT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad