Speculation: 2017-18 Sharks roster discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I liked Kyle Mclarens hipchecks Mike Riccis Grit and Joe Pavelski's clutch in big games. Marleau and Thornton have great numbers in the playoffs, all I said was a side jab at marleau for who I thought needed a change of scenery 8 years ago and theres an entire armada of sharks fans after my head. I really like our chances this playoffs I think having 3 power forwards on separate lines will catch a lot of teams off guard. I think as long as we stay under the radar with Kane until playoffs we could win the cup this year.

I don't put any blame on Marleau or Thornton but on Mclellan, if anybody.

The fact that you don't understand why people are reacting how they are and believe they're "after your head" is.... concerning

Jaleel619

Nov 16, 2016
SJ
Nah that's what happens when there isn't a sharks game the following Saturday. Not concerned at all.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Nah that's what happens when there isn't a sharks game the following Saturday. Not concerned at all.

Nah it's what happens when someone says something so ridiculous and also doesn't have the wherewithal to acknowledge said ridiculousness and instead ignores it or doubles down on it.

Jaleel619

Nov 16, 2016
SJ
I've seen your posts bro, you make it your life mission to argument anything. Pathetic.

Jaleel619

Nov 16, 2016
SJ
I know ill have a good laugh when somebody responds to him. He's right there in the front line.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

...even more concerning.

Seriously, I read your posts and often it's like you're having a completely different conversation than everyone else. This post is a good example.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I say offer sheet Larkin or Nylander instead of overpaying for Tavares.

Offer sheeting basically never works unless you're poaching a mid-tier guy with a massive overpayment.

Seriously, in the last 20ish years there's only been 2 successful offer sheets: Dustin Penner to the Oilers (after they whiffed on Vanek) and Chris Gratton to the Flyers

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

LA Shark

Hello Darkness My Old Freind
Feb 18, 2017
Southern California
I'd rather overpay for someone with actual hockey talent. Those two aren't any better than anyone in the Sharks bottom six.

I'm confused...are you really saying Nylander isn't better than Fehr, Karlsson, Goodrow, Sorrenson, Hansen, Ward, etc? That seems legit nuts to me. And I disagree with the original post, I'd much rather overpay for a legit star/1c in Tavares, but Nylander not being able to crack our lineup...really?

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I'm confused...are you really saying Nylander isn't better than Fehr, Karlsson, Goodrow, Sorrenson, Hansen, Ward, etc? That seems legit nuts to me

Coming from the guy who has basically painted Christian Ehrhoff as one of the worst Sharks ever, it seems about in line with his usual train of thought.

Reactions: Juxtaposer

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I'd rather overpay for Tavares than overpay for Larkin or Nylander and lose picks in the process.
Exactly. An offersheet, in my opinion, is only worth it if you are getting a legit superstar/elite player. Larkin and Nylander are good players but they are not elite. Also, you are going to end up using draft picks as well as overpaying them while they are RFA's.

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
There are very little players I would offersheet for, Drai being one of them. But no way we even think about offersheeting Larkin or Nylander, not worth the picks. I'd go hard after Tavares since we actually have the cap space for it once the pending UFAs/some RFAs are let go.

EDIT: Also, I watch a lot of Islanders games on the side, Tavares has pretty much looked checked out in Brooklyn. He's been disinterested and been pretty crappy to boot. Gotta think that being on the Islanders for so long and only winning 1 Playoff Series has to be draining on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad