Rakell Getzlaf Kase
Cogs Kesler Silf
Ritchie Henrique Perry
Grant Vermette Wagner

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Forward lines are great. Now it's a matter of somehow dealing with Bieksa and not letting him have top-4 minutes...I hope Monty shapes up soon.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
If Eaves was healthy

Rakell Getzlaf Eaves
Cogs Kesler Silf
Kase Henrique Perry
Ritchie/Grant Vermette Wagner

:amazed::amazed::amazed:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I like this, I know vermette has done well on the top line, but I can't see him as a long term option there.
I don't like kase rakell getz on same line, you could argue they are our 3 best skill guys w/ puck... maybe 2 but 3 seems like over kill... vermette could be effective on the top line I think, hes been a guy that could hit 20 goals throughout his career, I actually don't mind letting him get a decent size trial there.

Vermette Getzlaf Kase
Cogs Kesler Silf
Rakell Henrique Perry
Ritchie Wagner Grant

or if you insist on keeping rakell on getzlafs wing

Vermette Getzlaf Rakell
Cogs Kesler Silf
Kase Henrique Perry
Ritchie Wagner Grant.

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
I like this, I know vermette has done well on the top line, but I can't see him as a long term option there.

Ok, but has Ritchie really done more to make a case for being in the top 9? At least once Vermette was given a chance as a scoring wing he did something with it. I'm not saying I want him re-signed, But I'm kind of liking Vermette as a wing for us. I'd really like to see him be given more of a chance there. At least until Ritchie starts playing like he wants to earn a spot.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Ok, but has Ritchie really done more to make a case for being in the top 9? At least once Vermette was given a chance as a scoring wing he did something with it. I'm not saying I want him re-signed, But I'm kind of liking Vermette as a wing for us. I'd really like to see him be given more of a chance there. At least until Ritchie starts playing like he wants to earn a spot.
I'm on board with you... id rather see vermette in the top 9 over Ritchie, and vermette has proven at an NHL level he can score... and hell get a chance on Getzlafs wing and so fars hes made the most of it.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Best Ducks forward lineup ever?

I think the 05-06 playoff lineup could maybe give it a run for it's money:

Kunitz - McDonald - Selanne
Penner - Marchant - Lupul
Friesen - Pahlsson - Niedermayer
Fedoruk/Moen - Getzlaf - Perry

Getz and particularly Perry were still pretty raw then but that second line was a force once they were put together, the shutdown line was almost as good as the 07 version and Teemu was an elite winger and that top line had great chemistry.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I don't like kase rakell getz on same line, you could argue they are our 3 best skill guys w/ puck... maybe 2 but 3 seems like over kill... vermette could be effective on the top line I think, hes been a guy that could hit 20 goals throughout his career, I actually don't mind letting him get a decent size trial there.

Vermette Getzlaf Kase
Cogs Kesler Silf
Rakell Henrique Perry
Ritchie Wagner Grant

or if you insist on keeping rakell on getzlafs wing

Vermette Getzlaf Rakell
Cogs Kesler Silf
Kase Henrique Perry
Ritchie Wagner Grant.

Why would you even think of separating Rakell-Getzlaf

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Why would you even think of separating Rakell-Getzlaf
Because Rakell and getzlaf are our 2 best players and can both be productive on their own lines, obviously together they are great but splitting them up is a matchup nightmare, but I gave a 2nd line up right under that if you are super against breaking them up.

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
No lineup with Del Taco board hitting, hitler mustache, son of a bitch Jeff Friesen could ever be the "best" Ducks lineup ever.

I think the 05-06 playoff lineup could maybe give it a run for it's money:

Kunitz - McDonald - Selanne
Penner - Marchant - Lupul
Friesen - Pahlsson - Niedermayer
Fedoruk/Moen - Getzlaf - Perry

Getz and particularly Perry were still pretty raw then but that second line was a force once they were put together, the shutdown line was almost as good as the 07 version and Teemu was an elite winger and that top line had great chemistry.

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
No Ritchie has not, I'd prefer Roy but I don't think that'll happen. I just don't think Vermette will last there, he's had 2 good games but I'm not sure that'll last. If it does that is great for us and I'm completely happy, I just have my doubts that he won't drag Getz and Rakell down.

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
I don’t see how we break up Rakell and Getz. Raks is almost at a PPG pace and should end up 30/30.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
No Ritchie has not, I'd prefer Roy but I don't think that'll happen. I just don't think Vermette will last there, he's had 2 good games but I'm not sure that'll last. If it does that is great for us and I'm completely happy, I just have my doubts that he won't drag Getz and Rakell down.
Roy has been garbage and has limited upside. Ritchie is the most current player and. 2nd on the team in hits

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Vermette at least can win some puck battles, pass and shoot. not great at anything other than face offs but doesn't hurt a lime the way Ritchie does.

we now can field 3 great lines. just need a vet d rental at trade deadline to take minutes away from bieksa and beauch. i wonder if any of our young prospects can fill in this year. they can't be worse than bieksa or Beauch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad