GDT: 2017-18 Other Games Around the League Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

nabbyfan

Oct 4, 2007
Santa Clarita, CA
Boston loses in Anaheim and of course tomorrow night they play a LAK squad that had today off. I know all these things tend to average out but I really curious how many more times this year they play a team on the second night of a back to back while rested themselves. There was a main board thread that made it seem like it’s not that often, but dang it sure seems like almost every team that comes to the west coast plays us or ANA, then the Kings the next night. Upcoming Florida this week a rare exception

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Boston loses in Anaheim and of course tomorrow night they play a LAK squad that had today off. I know all these things tend to average out but I really curious how many more times this year they play a team on the second night of a back to back while rested themselves. There was a main board thread that made it seem like it’s not that often, but dang it sure seems like almost every team that comes to the west coast plays us or ANA, then the Kings the next night. Upcoming Florida this week a rare exception

I definitely am planning on researching it at some point; I remember finding that the Sharks play 13 back to backs and the Kings play 11.

Let's look at the positive: we can still beat the Kings in LA on the second half of our back to backs!

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
The Lightning just play at another speed above everyone else.
I love watching them and it's been hard for me to get in to another team besides the Sharks for 10+ years

Stevie built a team that compliments each other perfect, and the Sergachev/Drouin trade is looking crafty as well.

Reactions: StanleyCup2035

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
That Gudas "slash" last night was disgusting. I hope he gets 15 games.

The stupid thing is that Gudas is a good player. He doesn’t need to pull this shit to stay in the league like some guys. Just disgusting. He’s a danger to everyone he plays against: either he gets so angry he just can’t help himself, or he’s actively trying to ruin guys’ careers.

If the league doesn’t give him 10 games, I just don’t know anymore.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Just saw the Panthers snapped the Kings 4 game losing streak today. with a 4-0 loss. Makes that loss the other night, all the more pathetic. I expect the Ducks to get their 2 points from the worst team in the NHL (in all but record), also.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yes, that is exactly what concerns me.
Don't worry, their GM might trade that pick for (insert some player(s) that would seem so illogical and them getting hosed in this deal) since Chiarelli doesn't get enough value in these trades.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
The Panthers of course lost the California Gauntlet except for the Sharks. That makes that loss hurt a little more, not to mention what happened last night.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Not even Dahlin could save the Oilers. Plus what the f*** could they even do if they got Dahlin. It's gonna be like $35m invested in 3 players, not including their stupid other signings. They'd still be f***ed.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
They're obviously going to get Dahlin.

Don't worry, they'll somehow manage to screw up his career too.

That Larsson/Hall trade is now looking like the steal of the century for the Devils. Can't believe they landed an elite top line LW in his prime for the worst defenseman in the NHL.

Painful Quandary

Mar 22, 2015
California
Don't worry, they'll somehow manage to screw up his career too.

That Larsson/Hall trade is now looking like the steal of the century for the Devils. Can't believe they landed an elite top line LW in his prime for the worst defenseman in the NHL.

It was really funny last season when Oiler fans were crowing about how great Larsson was, when what was happening was that he was simply being carried by Klefbom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad