2017-18 NBA regular season thread

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Not sure if I entirely buy the story about Wade going to Lue and asking to come off the bench but either way, it's something that needed to be done. You might be able to get away with his lack of shooting next to LeBron if he's playing well and doing other things but he has been really bad so far. I'm hoping this is just him still trying to fit in with a new team and find his game early in the season because I don't want to see a completely washed Wade. He's averaging 5.7 PPG and shooting 28% through three games.

Reactions: Virtanen18

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
This guy actually blows my mind. He must rain 3s and shoot a high ass percentage from the line in practice. I can't believe he's kept the same form and stuff still. Air balled back to back FTs last night. Like maybe you need to try a different shooting form? This **** clearly is not working. Absolutely appalling shooter.

30mil, can't hit the rim.

WeegarUnderwood

Fan of Intangibles
Jan 13, 2014
Vancouver, B.C
Simmons is awesome, Embiid is awesome but what's going on with Fultz?

I know we're barely into the season but his shooting form is beyond f***ed up and he looks bad out there. Sure the injury is a thing but don't play the guy and let him recover then. he's freaking 6/12 from the line as a guard, he's not taking 3s anymore and he just has plain ugly ass form now. What happened?

I'll mention the injuries again because that's always the answer but it can't account for everything. His form looks a lot different, and yes some aspects of it are improved, but it still looks so wonky. When he played the raptors, he took a jump ball with his left hand instead of right, so he must be hurt real bad, which begs the question of why are the Sixers playing him? All you're gonna do is damage him further. Just a weird thing

Also, Giannis for MVP and MIP

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I only saw the highlights but Simmons looked great yesterday and he was impressive in the earlier games as well. Teams will eventually adjust and force him to shoot but so far he has been able to get into the paint whenever he wants it seems.

Agree with @TooGoodreau's post about Fultz. Never want to see an injury but in this case hopefully his play so far is a result of a shoulder injury because he looks bad. I know it's early but I'd be concerned if he's actually healthy and playing like this. It's not your typical early season rookie struggles with him where you might see a bunch of turnovers and poor defense while the player adjusts to the NBA. He almost seems scared to shoot right now.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
If Fultz's shoulder is bad enough that he needed to have it drained, and it's been bothering him since pre-season, it's time to sit him and get whatever is wrong fixed. He's not doing himself or the team any good trying to play without being able to shoot.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
It's still baffling to me how OKC thinks Andre Roberson is a passable option in the starting 5. The guy can single handedly cost you games.
I'm not a defense analyst or anything, but he is pretty damn good on that end. You gotta put the ball in the hoop. Stopping the other team from doing it so much helps.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm not a defense analyst or anything, but he is pretty damn good on that end. You gotta put the ball in the hoop. Stopping the other team from doing it so much helps.
Not denying his defensive abilities, but they have Paul George on the team now to go along with Westbrook who is good defensively when he puts in the effort on that end. There is no need for Andre Roberson unless they want to give George a break on that end, which doesn't seem to be the case because George was on Wiggins last game.

It's just baffling to me how they trust him so much. The guy shoots like he's Shaq from the outside and the free throw line. And he's a guard. It's flat out embarrassing.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
Agreed on Simmons. Hard to trust Philly's management with all their mishandling of players though (Fultz being the latest example; guy should not be playing if he is injured).

WeegarUnderwood

Fan of Intangibles
Jan 13, 2014
Vancouver, B.C
I only saw the highlights but Simmons looked great yesterday and he was impressive in the earlier games as well. Teams will eventually adjust and force him to shoot but so far he has been able to get into the paint whenever he wants it seems.

Agree with @TooGoodreau's post about Fultz. Never want to see an injury but in this case hopefully his play so far is a result of a shoulder injury because he looks bad. I know it's early but I'd be concerned if he's actually healthy and playing like this. It's not your typical early season rookie struggles with him where you might see a bunch of turnovers and poor defense while the player adjusts to the NBA. He almost seems scared to shoot right now.

"Scared to shoot" I like that, that's how I feel too. It doesn't look like he's confident in his shot anymore and it seems like injury is a big factor. Will have to reserve judgement until he's healthy but man, he hasn't looked good at all

Thanks @Aladyyn for that tweet

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Kevin Love got schooled by Lauri Markkanen last night. 15 points at first quarter. After that Cavaliers realized Love can't guard Lauri and start to double team him. Smart choice, because Lauri & Lopez are the only ones, really able to play at this level. We don't have Point Guard in Chicago so i was really surprised that we was able to fight for the win and absolutely dominate them at beginning. Grant plays as a point guard, but he doesn't have any idea how to share the ball properly.

I don't see much potential in Lonzo. Guys like Curry, Irving or Wall will school him. Chris Paul & Isaiah Thomas is going to absolutely destroy him with speed. I think he is simply too big & slow to play against best PG. I don't mind, if he proves me wrong.

Last edited:

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/raptors-kyle-lowry-says-interest-joining-spurs-real/

Lowry admits he wanted the Spurs, but the Spurs didn’t want him.

I think we knew this, just pretty surprised he came out and said it.

His price was probably too high for them. He wanted to make good money and get a ring.

Yes that is why we kept him around. Have three stars who can score at will as well as Adams.

Agreed on Simmons. Hard to trust Philly's management with all their mishandling of players though (Fultz being the latest example; guy should not be playing if he is injured).

I am shocked Saric never had a serious injury. They really need an improve medical staff, especially with injury prone Embiid and Simmons whos already had a major injury.

Good to see Blake still dunking on people. He's no longer the dunker he was in the early 2000s but you still want to get out of his way.

When he was in high school? :naughty:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Bulls announcers continually calling Markkanen "The King of the North" is getting annoying

Honestly this is most hyped up a prospect not named Rose has gotten from Bulls since Kukoc came over and was direct challenge to Pippen's future

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad