2017-18 NBA regular season thread

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Fat ass? That’s what happens when you have to carry a team. Lebron looks tired too.

I said he looked tired - which wasn't wrong at that point. As for the fat comment, it's not really new when it comes to him. It's more of an joke in reference to his teenage pics and drinking a gallon of coke after practice.

Funny how this Kawhi-less Spurs team just beat Portland, Houston, and OKC.

Wrong on both accounts. Wow.
Spurs are the easiest match-up for the Warriors tbh. Unless Kawhi checks in, then I'd probably favor Spurs. But that isn't gonna happen. The talent gap is too big atm - even without Curry.

Reactions: Melrose Munch

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
If Butler didn't get hurt they would have been easily top 5 in the West.

No excuses with all the talent that team has. Especially compared to who they were competing against tonight and some of the teams ahead of Minnesota in the West.

I only watched the 4QT and OT and it was as if neither team wanted to win. Horrible decisions after another.

Reactions: Melrose Munch

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
No excuses with all the talent that team has. Especially compared to who they were competing against tonight and some of the teams ahead of Minnesota in the West.

I only watched the 4QT and OT and it was as if neither team wanted to win. Horrible decisions after another.
That's what happens with mediocre coaching.

lilphildub

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2009
Nice to see Fultz finish the season with a triple double. Off the bench at that. Its been a rough year for him but could be perfect timing for him to find his groove. I'm intrigued to see how he does in the playoffs

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Happy for the Wolves but can't help but wonder if the Nuggets wouldn't have been a tougher matchup for the Rockets in the 1st round. I think Houston murders Minnesota. Also think GS is going to sweep the Spurs, with or without Curry. Spurs don't scare anyone.

Really, really hoping the Sixers can come out of the East and Embiid gets healthy enough to play consistently.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Looks like another shakeup coming for the Knicks, eventually that team will figure it out.

Some playoff predictions:

Raptors over Wizards
Celtics over Bucks
76ers over Heat
Cavs over Pacers

Rockets over Timberwolves
Warriors over Spurs
Trail Blazers over Pelicans
Jazz over Thunder

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Pretty crazy that in the history of the NBA, Russ is the only player to average a triple double twice.

I honestly didn't think he'd do it this year with PG & Melo in the lineup.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Vogel is a good coach is he not? Confused why Orlando fired him considering there isn't much talent to work with there. Unless the GM who inherited him last year wants someone else?

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Nice to see Fultz finish the season with a triple double. Off the bench at that. Its been a rough year for him but could be perfect timing for him to find his groove. I'm intrigued to see how he does in the playoffs
They are crazy talented, Joel, Ben, Dario and Fultz make for a great core of the team.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Vogel is a good coach is he not? Confused why Orlando fired him considering there isn't much talent to work with there. Unless the GM who inherited him last year wants someone else?
Bingo. He isn't the new GM's hire, so naturally they don't feel any loyalty to Vogel.

I have no worries about Vogel, though. He'll get snatched up in no time.

Reactions: Voight

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
My hope for the Clippers offseason

1. Draft a PG and a C with their two 1st rounders. My suggestions for PG would be Young, Sexton, or SGA and at C Williams or Robinson

2. Trade DJ for whatever we can get

3. Sign a center in the offseason such as Cousins (long shot), Monroe, Noel, Nurkic

Depth chart
PG: Beverly/new PG/Teodosic/Evans
SG: Rivers/Lou/Sindarious/Wallace
SF: Gallinari/Johnson/Dekker/Williams
PF: Harris/Harrell
C: FA C/Boban/draft C

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
An interesting milestone happened this regular season. For the first time in NBA history more than a third of all shots attempted were 3-pointers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->