2017-18 NBA regular season thread

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Lol the Suns are garbage. Losing by 40+ and also losing to the Lakers while giving up 132 points. A local YMCA team would give them a run for their money during these first three games.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
What a start to the season. Bledsoe tweeting his unhappiness and possibly wanting out and the HC getting fired just three games in. This is probably going to be a season long tanking battle between the Suns and Bulls.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Listen I Have problems with some people like @Clowe Me choosing teams that are a hundred miles away but I'm not going to hound him about why he's not a Warriors fan or stuff like that. All this drama in the last two or three pages is dumb. Just let people cheer for whoever they like

If you're going to get into arguing sports fandom and fanbases just take it to PM or something. Rest of us want to talk basketball or Lonzo Ball :naughty:

Lol you bandwagoner.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
Watched some highlights of Giannis' first three games this season. He's not there yet, but my gawd this guy is gonna be the best player in the world one day.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
That OKC/Wolves game was so much fun. Wiggins is the man. So much talent to watch in one game. Butler, KAT, Wiggins, Westbrook, Melo, George, Singler. Even Teague was having a really good one.

I love watching the Pelicans too. Boogie 2 assists shy of a triple double :heart:

darko

Feb 16, 2009
That OKC/Wolves game was so much fun. Wiggins is the man. So much talent to watch in one game. Butler, KAT, Wiggins, Westbrook, Melo, George, Singler. Even Teague was having a really good one.

I love watching the Pelicans too. Boogie 2 assists shy of a triple double :heart:

None of them should be mentioned in the same sentence with Otto Porter Jr.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Watched some highlights of Giannis' first three games this season. He's not there yet, but my gawd this guy is gonna be the best player in the world one day.

Still has things to work on but he gets to the rim at will.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Sounds like a trade might happen soon. ESPN says he actually asked for a trade back in preseason.

Bledsoe would be a good addition to the Bucks if he's willing to play off the ball. You can also have him run the offense when Giannis is off the floor. The other thing it would do is allow them to limit Delly's minutes and that'd be great because he's awful.

I saw someone bring up the Nuggets as well and that could be interesting.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
What a start to the season. Bledsoe tweeting his unhappiness and possibly wanting out and the HC getting fired just three games in. This is probably going to be a season long tanking battle between the Suns and Bulls.

It was only 3 years ago that they finished 48-34 and missed the playoffs b/c western conference... they did regress the next year and the year after but Hornacek should have been given more time.

Lets be honest he should have never been hired in first place

How many of these hired guys who retired just year or two before becoming coach have actually worked out?

He was an awful hire but they were likely blindsided by the "players coach" thing. he literally had two seasons of coaching experience.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Sounds like a trade might happen soon. ESPN says he actually asked for a trade back in preseason.

Bledsoe would be a good addition to the Bucks if he's willing to play off the ball. You can also have him run the offense when Giannis is off the floor. The other thing it would do is allow them to limit Delly's minutes and that'd be great because he's awful.

I saw someone bring up the Nuggets as well and that could be interesting.

Bledsoe-Brogdon in the backcourt, Parker-Giannis-Maker in the front court.... they're no GSW but that would be one solid lineup.

Suns get kinda screwed since Knight is out for the year... mind you it would give Ulis a chance to prove himself.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Andre Roberson is killing it!
This guy actually blows my mind. He must rain 3s and shoot a high ass percentage from the line in practice. I can't believe he's kept the same form and stuff still. Air balled back to back FTs last night. Like maybe you need to try a different shooting form? This shit clearly is not working. Absolutely appalling shooter.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Bledsoe-Brogdon in the backcourt, Parker-Giannis-Maker in the front court.... they're no GSW but that would be one solid lineup.

Suns get kinda screwed since Knight is out for the year... mind you it would give Ulis a chance to prove himself.

Don't forget Middleton. He's not off to a very good start but I think he's still the second best player on that team. Parker will need to be managed very closely coming off of a second ACL tear but he could be a good scoring option off the bench once he's healthy.

Not sure what makes sense in return for the Suns though. Bucks don't have a whole lot once you take those key pieces off the board.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Don't forget Middleton. He's not off to a very good start but I think he's still the second best player on that team. Parker will need to be managed very closely coming off of a second ACL tear but he could be a good scoring option off the bench once he's healthy.

Not sure what makes sense in return for the Suns though. Bucks don't have a whole lot once you take those key pieces off the board.

Forgot about Middleton, could have either him or Parker at SF and the other as 6th man. Suns want picks/young players and I'm not too sure Maker is someone the Bucks would move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad