2017-18 NBA regular season thread

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Regular season starts in two weeks so lets go.

1. Who wins the East?
2. Who wins the West?
3. Who is the MVP?
4. Biggest surprise team?
5. Biggest disappointment?
6. Big trade prediction? Who? When? To where?

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
1. Washington Wizards
2. Golden State Warriors
3. Giannis Antetokounmpo
4. Denver Nuggets
5. Houston Rockets
6. Not a clue in the world, doesn't seem like any big trades will happen this season now that George, Anthony, and Paul have all moved.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Regular season starts in two weeks so lets go.

1. Who wins the East?
2. Who wins the West?
3. Who is the MVP?
4. Biggest surprise team?
5. Biggest disappointment?

1. Cleveland

2. Golden State

3. Kawhi Leonard, SAS is still the 2nd best team in the West, Kawhi has gotten better every season, and his efforts will propel the Spurs above all of the stacked squads in their conference other than the Warriors

4. Denver, they might score more points per game than Golden State and I expect them to make the playoffs

5. Houston, Harden and Paul won't be able to match up to fans expectations and the Rockets will earn the 4th seed in the West

6. DeMarcus Cousins to the Cavaliers at the deadline, once the Pelcians realize that they're not making the playoffs and that he won't re-sign they'll attempt to get some value for him, but I doubt they can get the Brooklyn pick for an impending free agent

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
1. Cleveland Cavaliers
2. Golden State Warriors
3. Russell Westbrook
4. Philadelphia 76ers
5. I dunno...T-Wolves maybe?
6. Can see Cousins going somewhere if it doesn't work in New Orleans (Cleveland?). Bledsoe comes to mind too

Sep 19, 2008
Washington Wizards won't win the East. There was an article a few days ago about how John Wall doesn't have the super team that KD / Cleveland / OKC had. And we all know super teams win championships.

Wizards are 3rd seed at best. Boston and Cleveland still trump them.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
1. Cleveland Cavaliers
2. Golden State Warriors
3. LeBron James
4. Denver Nuggets - Clearly not a unique choice so maybe not much of a surprise anymore but I think they make the playoffs.
5. Philadelphia 76ers - I guess it depends on the expectations but their over/under for wins is 42.5. I think that's way too high even in a terrible conference.
6. No idea so I'll just go with Kevin Love for the hell of it.

Last edited:

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Washington Wizards won't win the East. There was an article a few days ago about how John Wall doesn't have the super team that KD / Cleveland / OKC had. And we all know super teams win championships.

Cleveland will be without IT for like half the season and we have no idea how Boston will perform. The Wizards have a good chance to get the #1 seed.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

Well, Boston has a completely different team. They replaced IT with Kyrie and Bradley with Hayward, and then lost Crowder. Their defence is going to take a hit. It's going to take them time to gel and I'm just not all that high on them.

The Cavs have to rely on Derrick Rose to be their starting PG until Thomas returns. That plus I don't think LeBron cares all that much about the regular season anymore. He knows he's going to the finals, so it isn't too important to finish 1st. The way I read the question was for regular season but if it's about who comes out of the East, my answer would change to Cleveland.
1. Cleveland Cavaliers
2. Golden State Warriors
3. LeBron James
4. Denver Nuggets - Clearly not a unique choice so maybe not much of a surprise anymore but I think they make the playoffs.
5. Philadelphia 76ers - I guess it depends on the expectations but their over/under for wins is 42.5. I think that's way too high even in a terrible conference.
6. No idea so I'll just go with Kevin love for the hell of it.

Ha, I totally was gonna put down "Kevin Love because why not" for question 6 but decided against it.

Sep 19, 2008
Lonzo had a pretty disappointing preseason debut. 5 points. Hope he learns from this experience and gets better.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
1. Wizards
2. Warriors
3. Kyle Lowry (going reeeeally off the board here, I know)
4. Heat are a top 4 seed
5. Celtics are not
6. Marc Gasol to one of Cavs/Wiz/Celtics

darko

Feb 16, 2009
1. Cavs
2. Warriors
3. Leonard
4. Nuggets
5. Thunder
6. Love or Boogie

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
1. Who wins the East? Cavs after a close ECF vs the Wiz
2. Who wins the West? GSW
3. Who is the MVP? KAWHI
4. Biggest surprise team? Denver.
5. Biggest disappointment? 76ers/Celts

Boogie to LA Lakers... its rumored they are the favorite to sign him next summer & with PG13 seemingly happy in OKC, better to move now and get yourself at least one star & get him signed. I can see them doing a sign and trade via a supermax extension.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
6. DeMarcus Cousins to the Cavaliers at the deadline, once the Pelcians realize that they're not making the playoffs and that he won't re-sign they'll attempt to get some value for him, but I doubt they can get the Brooklyn pick for an impending free agent

I don't think they are trading him unless they get that Nets pick. The Cavs pretty much have nothing else to offer unless they want to sacrifice their depth, and even then theres not many appealing pieces there. Cleveland might be desperate enough to do it in order to get title #2 and maybe convince Bron to stay.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
What's wrong with this picture? (From TSN twitter account)

DMV-gQ7XkAEiZIL.jpg:large

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad