Confirmed Signing with Link: 2017-18 Free Agency Thread

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
As per CapFriendly, the following RFAs are now listed as UFAs: Jarred Tinordi (ARI); Tyler Pitlick (EDM); Brandon Gormley (OTT); Greg McKegg (TBL); and J.F. Berube (NYI).

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com

Fritz will turn 26 before the contract kicks in, so I put him in the Free Agency thread instead of Prospects.

CraigBillington

Dec 10, 2010
Heard this during the Canucks broadcast

Willie-Desjardins.jpg

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
Per Elite Prospects, Bogdan Yakimov has re-signed with Nizhnekamsk of the KHL. Yakimov, who played this past season in the KHL while on loan from Edmonton, will be a RFA this summer.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
Per CapFriendly, both Anton Rodin (VAN) and Byron Froese (TBL) are UFAs at the end of the season, rather than RFAs. Both have been moved to the appropriate posts.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
Did a little housekeeping in the first few posts.

Added Jonathan-Ismael Diaby to the UFA list as his contract with Nashville was terminated.

Moved the following players who have been inactive for the better part of at least the last 2 seasons to the Retired list: Chris Pronger, Cody McCormick, Joe Vitale, Andrew Ference, Marc Savard, Pascal Dupuis and Stephane Robidas.

Moved the following players to the European Signings list as they have contracts for next year, per Elite Prospects: David Wolf, Shawn Lalonde, Magnus Nygren, Kirill Petrov and Nikita Filatov. Also, assumed that Pavel Datsyuk would be playing there and moved him, as well.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
I see both Rodin and Froese as RFA's, not UFA's, on CapFriendly.

:help:

Both Rodin and Froese on their profiles are listed as UFA at the end of their 2016-17 contracts.

Make sure you're looking at the right contracts, CapFriendly lists them from most recent deal to oldest, I've accidentally checked the wrong contract before, myself.

Also Zach Trotman is listed as an UFA, too, now.

The Jersey Number

number nerd
Jul 15, 2010
Halifax
I see both Rodin and Froese as RFA's, not UFA's, on CapFriendly.

:help:

Both Rodin and Froese on their profiles are listed as UFA at the end of their 2016-17 contracts.

Make sure you're looking at the right contracts, CapFriendly lists them from most recent deal to oldest, I've accidentally checked the wrong contract before, myself.

Also Zach Trotman is listed as an UFA, too, now.

This tweet from CapFriendly back in February should come in handy:

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
Per Elite Prospects UFA F Sergei Andronov, who played this past season with CSKA Moskva of the KHL while property of the St. Louis Blues, has re-signed with CSKA Moskva.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
Also, UFA-to-be Andy Miele, who played last season for Lehigh Valley of the AHL while under contract to Philadelphia, has signed with Malmo of the SHL with an North American out clause until June 25th.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Also, UFA-to-be Andy Miele, who played last season for Lehigh Valley of the AHL while under contract to Philadelphia, has signed with Malmo of the SHL with an North American out clause until June 25th.

That's kind of a weird date, no?
Pretty much means he has to re-sign with Philly (or Philly has to let his rights go).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad