Confirmed Signing with Link: 2017-18 Free Agency Thread

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Minnesota has signed Ryan Carter to an NHL deal for the rest of this season

Great news. Also great is he isn't trying to ******** anyone and says he'd like to stay in Iowa until his game is 100%. most guys would be like "yeah i feel great and i could contribute immediately if management gives me a shot".

good depth, good soldier type for fourth line fill in when whoever we face the first round breaks a few players.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002

Both are 40/70s. Vegas must be salivating at this choice.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
per the waivers list today

Columbus has signed Marc-Andre Bergeron and Minnesota has signed Mike Weber to NHL deals

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
Per CapFriendly, Anaheim has re-signed Logan Shaw to a 1-year, 2-way deal worth $650,000 at the NHL level.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
Based on their standing on Cap Friendly, I've moved the following players from RFA to UFA.

ANA - Sam Carrick
ARI - Craig Cunningham, Garret Ross
BOS - Chris Casto, Brian Ferlin, Tyler Randell
BUF - Cole Schneider
CAR - Connor Brickley, Patrick Brown, Dennis Robertson, Philip Samuelsson, Brendan Woods
COL - Brendan Ranford
CBJ - TJ Tynan
DAL - Justin Dowling
DET - Mitch Callahan, Dylan McIlrath
EDM - Jordan Oesterle
FLA - Brody Sutter
NAS - Adam Payerl
NJD - Seth Helgeson, Petr Straka
NYR - Chris Brown, Marek Hrivik, Tommy Hughes
OTT - Casey Bailey, Max McCormick, Phil Varone
PHI - Mark Alt, Jordan Weal
PIT - Garrett Wilson
SJS - Ryan Carpenter, Tim Heed, Buddy Robinson
STL - Kenny Agostino, Andrew Agozzino, Morgan Ellis, Alex Friesen, Reid McNeill
TBL - Gabriel Dumont, Stefan Fournier, Yanni Gourde, Mike Halmo, Joel Vermin
VAN - Alex Grenier, Borna Rendulic
WAS - Stanislav Galiev, Garrett Mitchell, Christian Thomas
WPG - Brenden Kichton

CHI - Mac Carruth
DET - Eddie Pasquale
FLA - Sam Brittain
NYR - Magnus Hellberg
WAS - Pheonix Copley

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Is there a reason nhl.com still has Sergei Gayduchenko's rights with Florida still? He's been playing in Russia since his draft, with no NHL contract, but he turned 27 last year.

However, he took last year off, and came back this year. Does that mean his rights were tolled for one more year, or is this just a glitch in nhl.com's system?

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Is there a reason nhl.com still has Sergei Gayduchenko's rights with Florida still? He's been playing in Russia since his draft, with no NHL contract, but he turned 27 last year.

However, he took last year off, and came back this year. Does that mean his rights were tolled for one more year, or is this just a glitch in nhl.com's system?

We've had a few conversations about it before on the Rangers board because Mikhail Pashnin still has rights retained by NYR per NHL.com.

It may be worth noting, though, that I once read that rights are held indefinitely since there's no transfer agreement between the NHL and KHL. I'm not sure if that's the same under the newer CBA.

I believe it's generally 4 years for exclusive rights to European players under the CBA. If he's not offered a contract or a real offer, he's free to go. But that extends to players in Euro leagues.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
We've had a few conversations about it before on the Rangers board because Mikhail Pashnin still has rights retained by NYR per NHL.com.

It may be worth noting, though, that I once read that rights are held indefinitely since there's no transfer agreement between the NHL and KHL. I'm not sure if that's the same under the newer CBA.

I believe it's generally 4 years for exclusive rights to European players under the CBA. If he's not offered a contract or a real offer, he's free to go. But that extends to players in Euro leagues.

Hmm... I thought, even with the KHL they expired at their age-27 year.
But would make sense if players drafted out of Russia are held indefinitely, due to the lack of transfer agreement. Sounds vaguely familiar too.

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
Are there any players likely to be bought out?

Possibly Bieksa*, Beleksey, Khudobin, Gorges, Ennis, Lack, Soderberg, Beauchemin*, Niemi, Pouliot, Fayne, Hammond (if healthy), A.MacDonald, Fleury*, Lehtera

Bieksa, Beauchemin and Fleury could be bought out due to ther NMCs in regard to the upcoming expansion draft.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille