Confirmed Signing with Link: 2017-18 Free Agency Thread

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
No, it's actually used to talk about free agents and signings.
My bad. Wrong thread then.

edit: Post #2 contains info that requires updating due to this transaction. I stand by my original post.

Not all minor trades receive their own thread.

Sorry caley. I looked for a thread on this trade and didn't see yours before I posted. Feel free to delete.

Last edited:
Reactions: uncleben85

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
My bad. Wrong thread then.

edit: Post #2 contains info that requires updating due to this transaction. I stand by my original post.

Not all minor trades receive their own thread.

Sorry caley. I looked for a thread on this trade and didn't see yours before I posted. Feel free to delete.
No worries. I understand the idea of putting minor trades here so we don't get the usual onslaught of "Dominoes!" or "I've never heard of this guy!" posts (Also allow me to vent but I never have been able to understand why people on a hockey board brag about NOT knowing a player, it would be like going to a mathematical board and shouting "I don't understand trigonometry!"). But I figure there's not THAT many trades and it's easier to keep track of them if each trade of players on NHL contracts gets its own thread. If you want to post AHL trades in here that you think are notable, feel free.

Meanwhile, while I've got you all here, I'm working on making a new free agency thread. I have two questions

1. I find the new tables too complicated to maintain so I'm toying with minimizing free agent info. My thinking is stuff like Height/Weight and last year's stats are easy to find elsewhere and it will things easier to read/look neater.

2. I'm also thinking of splitting the free agency thread into two threads, one for Unsigned Free Agents and another for Free Agent signings.

Let me know what you think.

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
No worries. I understand the idea of putting minor trades here so we don't get the usual onslaught of "Dominoes!" or "I've never heard of this guy!" posts (Also allow me to vent but I never have been able to understand why people on a hockey board brag about NOT knowing a player, it would be like going to a mathematical board and shouting "I don't understand trigonometry!"). But I figure there's not THAT many trades and it's easier to keep track of them if each trade of players on NHL contracts gets its own thread. If you want to post AHL trades in here that you think are notable, feel free.

Meanwhile, while I've got you all here, I'm working on making a new free agency thread. I have two questions

1. I find the new tables too complicated to maintain so I'm toying with minimizing free agent info. My thinking is stuff like Height/Weight and last year's stats are easy to find elsewhere and it will things easier to read/look neater.

2. I'm also thinking of splitting the free agency thread into two threads, one for Unsigned Free Agents and another for Free Agent signings.

Let me know what you think.

I miss your old tables and appreciate your dedication to them.

1. I second your minimizing idea and suggest maybe following Booba's model in the AHL Free Agent thread of using elite prospects links to the players for that Height/Weight info, but also keeping the info you want handy so it is not necessary to clink on the links for every iota of info.

2. I like your two threads idea. There are currently less stickied threads than there used to be so one more won't add to much clutter or require too much extra scrolling to get to the unstickied threads.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Gionta and Goloubef as has been noted elsewhere, but Boston also signs Chris Breen and Philly, John Muse. Breen has spent the past couple season with Providence of the AHL, and has previously played for Calgary.
Muse had been in Reading of the ECHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad